for my african american/black nt'ers

I don't know where the waves thread went but I need help on my hair i.e. making my waves connect better and getting a bit of a nicer "shine"? toit. Any suggestions?
I already have the brush it in the shower, soft brush/hard brush, durag and lately I've been getting it cut every few weeks to keep it nice but it stillisn't as I want it.

how much is every few weeks cause when i start my waves(ive grown my hair out countless times) i usually wolf it for about 3-4 weeks before a cut when i firststart out

Ur brush game is lacking, u need to focus extra hard on those areas where u dont see progress. I suggest that you buy some thick hold @#%* either pomade or gelor something like that just for the temporary purposes then put that junk away because its summer and u not tryna walk around all caked up. for the shiny hairlook just buy some pink lotion or something like that and clean and take care of your hair so it doesnt look dirty with products. Sometimes our waves wont beas nice as we want them to be because of hair texture :/

man it comes from the palms of your hand. use light oil and make sure that you rub the grease thru your head

not just on the top.....

i just rub my waves forward whenever im chilling...it gives it a nice shine, and helps with the texture whenever I'm not brushing it

i don't even need a du rag anymore

wait like 4-6 weeks to get another haircut but keep a fresh line up then get it cut

your waves need to get deep

and just brush in the same pattern whenever you just chillin/watchin tv or something

I've never had waves, but I know you're gonna have to brush the hell out of your hair and do it in the same direction.

Brush everywhere you go and you have to wolf to see results.
Try to at least go 6 weeks without a haircut. I want my head to look like this:
360waves.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think too many folks use TOO many heavy greases in their hair and I think they limit their wave potential. I will start treating my hair the way women withnatural hair treat their hair because they also BADLY want waves.

Here is a product that they use:

315WTNs2NPL._SS500_.jpg

It is a leave in conditioner. Wet hair, put this in and sleep with it in your wave. Hair is soft and curly when you wake up. I just use Olive Oil (yes the sameyou cook with) in my hair for a moisturizer.

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

360waves.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

how many yamakas that foo wearin?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

sry
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

360waves.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Atrocious.

Originally Posted by carbine

Originally Posted by Los Yankees

Originally Posted by carbine

Nt, can a white guy get waves?
nerd.gif

Oh lord.

laugh.gif
Serious Question

I got a friend in my history class, he's half white/half mexican and he got some waves going on

If he has curly hair from the roots then he can. I knew some puerto rican dudes that had waves in like high school had us brothas like
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Yea, some people put too much %!%+ in their hair. That's not healthy.

I can't use grease so I just use some of that pink lotion or Moroccan Oil. That usually does the trick for me...

Originally Posted by Nktran001

360waves.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Atrocious.

that looks retraded
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif