For reasons not related to boxing, why is Mike Tyson loved and Mayweather hated?

How?

If you bet against the sun raising, the odds are stacked against you. Its a stupid bet, just like betting against Mayweather.

The sun rising and sport winners aren't even remotely comparable but if you believe that you got it bro :lol:

I shouldn't even have to explain why either :rofl:

So wait wait wait........you really thought there was a chance Pac was gonna win???

Thats what Im gathering from your retort.

My point is dont bet against a sure thing.

Didnt peg you for the praying type.

So wait wait wait........you really thought there was a chance Pac was gonna win???

No matter what I think about who and who won't win a sporting event doesn't mean the other side has ZERO chance. You throw in a small bet for a person or team team when when the odds are stacked against them you come out with a bigger pay out. That's why more people bet on manny. My goodness it's simple math but I guess I expected too much from some people

Very true. However I am assuming education isn't a priority for that family.

So an athlete can murder, be racist, deal drugs, cheat on their wives, beat women... all activities considered immoral/unlawful in a civilized society and the public isn't suppose to care? Then why did Aaron Hernandez get cut from the Patriots? Why did Kobe do a news conference crying about cheating on Vanessa? Why did Ray Rice get suspended indefinitely? Why did Donald Sterling get ousted? If you're a public figure, you're question for every single twit, outburst, crime, etc. That's the price of fame.
Honestly, I do not care. That's just me. You baby these athletes their whole lives and give them special treatment and expect them to understand how regular life works? When you have special talents you play by different rules. I didn't make those rules, tis is life. So, while a bit extreme with examples of rape and murder, I feel for the most part athletes should get special treatment. I have no moral compass though. 

I respectfully disagree and I believe therein lays the problem.

No human should ever get any special treatment whatsoever.

These athletes breathe the same air we do. There's no reason for people to treat them any different than you and I.

-Drew

No matter what I think about who and who won't win a sporting event doesn't mean the other side has ZERO chance. You throw in a small bet for a person or team team when when the odds are stacked against them you come out with a bigger pay out. That's why more people bet on manny. My goodness it's simple math but I guess I expected too much from some people
I think most folks understand that, I wasn't talking about organized betting though.

Mine was $2k between a loud mouth fool and a wager.

Fool just helped me fund my daughters vacation to Disney World
roll.gif

Last edited:
Tyson's career was a rollercoaster ride in every sense of the word. All boxers are arrogant, at least the good ones are. The public witnessed him hit rock bottom several times in between destroying his opponents in the ring. He will always be the bigger draw, entertainment-wise. People FEAR him. Alot of people saw him as an animal. They saw him ball out, snag some of the finest women, act a fool, and then becomed humbled after losing a match here and there. IMO, Tyson relied less on a fascade and more on his actual abilities. He was about getting that money just as much as the next man, but he went in for the kill everytime. Dude is a polarizing figure, even today. After that bogus rape case, he gained quite a bit of support from people. He was very misunderstood by folks for a long time. He just comes across as more transparent to me. Mayweather deserves the respect he gets as a fighter, but he just doesn't connect with people the way Tyson does.

First of all, is NOT a 100% chance the sun will come up tomorrow.

Secondly, I understand the payout would have been huge, but the payout doesnt justify a stupid bet.

Dat gambling addiction logic. :smh:

Tyson's career was a rollercoaster ride in every sense of the word. All boxers are arrogant, at least the good ones are. The public witnessed him hit rock bottom several times in between destroying his opponents in the ring. He will always be the bigger draw, entertainment-wise. People FEAR him. Alot of people saw him as an animal. They saw him ball out, snag some of the finest women, act a fool, and then becomed humbled after losing a match here and there. IMO, Tyson relied less on a fascade and more on his actual abilities. He was about getting that money just as much as the next man, but he went in for the kill everytime. Dude is a polarizing figure, even today. After that bogus rape case, he gained quite a bit of support from people. He was very misunderstood by folks for a long time. He just comes across as more transparent to me. Mayweather deserves the respect he gets as a fighter, but he just doesn't connect with people the way Tyson does.
Mayweather is mentally stronger than Tyson was though.

Tyson had alot of folks prey on him back then mentally and financially and got abused emotionally and mentally like a caged animal until he lashed out.

He pretty much got pimped.

Mayweather uses all of this to his financial advantage and hes pimping America financially instead.

Mayweather and his team been solid from the jump.....hes obvisouly smarter than most people think.

Well liked..probably not, but you gotta respect his hustle.

Americans need to stop being so entitled and expecting some of these athletes to be positive role models, Mayweather doesn't owe your kids, you or the black community in general a damn thing. 

Last edited:
First of all, is NOT a 100% chance the sun will come up tomorrow.

Secondly, I understand the payout would have been huge, but the payout doesnt justify a stupid bet.

Dat gambling addiction logic. :smh:

Again, your comparison of the sun rising vs a fighter winning is so horrible that it has to be a joke. But you got it man. Carry on

I respectfully disagree and I believe therein lays the problem.

No human should ever get any special treatment whatsoever.

These athletes breathe the same air we do. There's no reason for people to treat them any different than you and I.

-Drew
I don't even think about it like that. There is no one denying me my happiness because a star gets a slap on the wrist. But I hear you. 

Mike isn't as loved by the public as you think he is but rather he's accepted now more than before because he's a broken black man he isn't a threat to anyone but himself because HE HAS NO MORE MONEY TO FIGHT AGAINST ANYTHING OF SERIOUS ENOUGH TO PUT HIM UNDER THE PRISON like he once did.

Floyd like Ali like Mike,Like Joe and the great Jack Johnson represent something most American won't ever see and that's wealth and besides the fact that their all black men who had or has wealth and fame it makes it ten times as difficult for them because they are black and have those things.

When Floyd beat Manny you should of seen the comments from the Asian community they called him everything racial under the sun but the devil himself and along with whites,hispanics and everything in between.The N'word was in full effect that night and if not that word directly something similar in their language was substituted for it.
That's why Floyd gives them his butt to kiss cause their going to hate him,passionately,for years to come and it's racial & racist as hell because boxing's roots come from a racial root for my own background.MMA is racist also Silva and Rampage spoke on it but people just ignore it one because their as much a part of it as it's racial roots and that's ONE REASON WHY I ALWAYS BET ON BLACK AND I DON'T CARE IF IT'S WHEEL-OF-FORTUNE I'm rooting for them AND I WILL NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR IT.

Floyd changed the game he's made more money from Boxing than any boxers has ever made,he's a black man and he's not apologizing for any of it and I solute him,the same way I take my hat off for Ali,Hank,Mike,Dock Ellis,Moon,Jessie..etc and the many other's who didn't fold and let American's make them feel less than.The fight continues:smokin

Boxing match = natural event that's been happening for billions of years

Totally legit comparison

#ntlogic

:lol:

:smh:

Cant see the forest...

Yall know people bet on Groundhog day?

Aight then its like betting against the 95-96 Bulls.

Since we can only compare sporting events to sporting events.

Last edited:
So money = intelligence? OK.

Using that logic, then athletes are smarter than most lawyers, doctors, accountants and engineers.
because he completely revolutionized how boxers get paid

Learning how to get money = INTELLIGENCE

You don't have to study stem or law to be intelligent

He still a gump for those messages though

@Mark Antony brought this up in another thread....and it's a good point.

For all purposes (not related to boxing), Floyd Mayweather seems like a **** person. Media had a field day on him this week leading up to the fight. Going in on his past, his lifestyle, etc. I think more people were tuned in to the fight, hoping to see him lose. He's been on top of the boxing world for a minute, but he's as polarizing of an athlete that you can find in sports today.

That being said, it seems as though Mike Tyson has done about a 180. Appearances on Fallon, movie roles, broadway, etc. People can't get enough of him. Back in the day, you can make a case that his transgressions are far worse than what Floyd did.

How did this happen? Personally, I think a lot of the criticism directed at Floyd is warranted, but I think a lot of it is due to the fact that there is probably no way he'll fall off financially, and this just EATS at people.

Same thing happened to Ali.

When the big bad black man gets neutered, he is viewed as non-threatening so "they" welcome him in.

Ali was hated man. Older folks always talk about how wild it was that he ended up being so loved.

Back
Top Bottom