For some reason Car Washes really interest me

One by me has been open for a while now and I can tell its CAKING. I mean you pay for the machine which is a huge one time fee, but besides that rent/water and workers? which most workers are "desperate looking for job people" that work long hours very little pay, its basically the chick at the counter just collecting straight CASH, no checks.
Plus the little walk in store as they take your car is a mini mart itself which basically brings in enough to cover the rent, so your raking in pure profit
eek.gif
I mean is there some license you may need or something I dont know about
I wouldnt mind running one or multiple in the future

my and dude are always discussing businesses and this came up, along with

Strip Club
Bar
Photo Place
Laundromat
etc....

i wish i could get some solid info but people are so tight to give insight
smh.gif

I seen the title, didn't even look at the name and I thought Crank right away lol.

BTW, those car washes cost at least $1,000,000.
eek.gif

i used to work in banking and i was talking to my manager who has been in banking for 25+ years. I asked him what businesses do banks love loaning to, and surprisingly he said Drycleaners/Laundromats and Car Washes.

I'd look into it

Originally Posted by KMun44

yr not making any money opening a bar

For reals? I'm going to UH in the fall for Entrepreneurship and I want a bar on my list of business ventures.

Like I said, car washes/bays would cost you at least a Mill to build and run. Laundromats are relatively cheaper to put together and run but car washes are extremely expensive
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cor23ey

And you're asking here? You don't have what it takes.
Im not some bimbo with a few thousand in the bank asking how to start a sneaker boutique.
laugh.gif
I said FUTURE, still #%*+ to finish right now, but if I start investigating it from this point on Ill be prepared
pimp.gif

Mill to build
what if you just buyout someone who's looking to retire or something?

the only downside i could see, may be insurance, esp if your dudes roll the car up outta the wash while the customer is walkin thru. idk. thinkin

You can definetely find someone who's selling their carwash business but be aware I'm sure they're aware of what it's worth. Because most of the time, not only are you buying the business but sometimes the land/property that it's on and that's where the expensive part is. Hey Crank, I've seen peoples dreams become reality. Don't let nothing discourage you. I'm a business owner myself and before all this I was clueless in life just like everyone else. Just put your dreams into drive like I did!
smokin.gif

^Thats probably without the property ThunderChunk. In that case, your paying rent. Which would deduct from your profit. Anytime you go for a business, the focal point is trying to acquire the property because in the long-run you will rake in more money. I've never seen a car wash go for under $300,000. And that was before fixing it up and running new sewage.

Definitely something to look into. Every summer I see this one car wash guaping off college kids who come back into town...

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

You can definetely find someone who's selling their carwash business but be aware I'm sure they're aware of what it's worth. Because most of the time, not only are you buying the business but sometimes the land/property that it's on and that's where the expensive part is. Hey Crank, I've seen peoples dreams become reality. Don't let nothing discourage you. I'm a business owner myself and before all this I was clueless in life just like everyone else. Just put your dreams into drive like I did!
smokin.gif
props

Check out water-free car washing stuff. Cheaper, don't need as many materials, and you can set up a small station wherever.

I was reading about it in one of my entrepreneurship classes and it seems like a good way to make some side cash to start. The actual franchising is pricey (as is all franchising) but you have the ability to start out small and expand as you see fit

The hardest part is how to find money to invest in your business. I always wanted to open a mini restaurant selling fast food and drinks etc but got turned down by the bank twice already. SMH sometime i even think about doing illegal stuff so i can generate some capital for my future business but the inner good guy in me kept saying no.

Back
Top Bottom