For The last Time It Was Written Does Not Suck Vol 4.75/5

ca5352bae9b6ab44767aea1ed9978da3a90c4b2.jpg

1. Album Intro- Very Creative and innovative 4/5

2. The Message- Classic Nas Escobar at his finest. A lot of imagery and smooth word play
pimp.gif
5/5

3. Street Dreams- Solid track but jacking 2pacs beat then talking trash about beat jackers is
eyes.gif
4/5

4. I Gave You Power- Classic In every use of the word.
sick.gif
5/5

5. Watch Dem #+$+*$- Subpar track is all i can say 2/5

6. Take It In Blood- Nice pickup from the previous track one of the underrated highlights from the album 4.5/5

7. Nas Is Coming- Solid Beat by Dre with Esco riding the beat trying to be Michael Corleone 3/5

8 Affirmative Action- This track is what the firm album should have sounded like.
happy.gif
5/5

9. The Set Up- See review of track 7 but with Havoc instead of Dre. 4/5

10. Black Girl Lost- Classic standout track because everybody knows a girl like this 5/5

11. Suspect- Above par track with Nas parallel parking on the beat 3.5/5.

12. Shootouts-Solid Track 4/5

13. Live #+%$+ Rap Classic, two of the greatest MCs ever going back and forth over a fire beat 4.5/5

14. If I Ruled The World(Imagine That)- Really Theres Nothing I can Say.
sick.gif
pimp.gif
5/5

In conclusion this is a hit or miss album with fans and critics alike but this album has more hits than it does misses. Overall The album does not SUCK
mad.gif
It just suffered from the expectation of Illmatic 2 but why would he put out Illmatic 2 when you people didnt BUY it.

Originally Posted by gunnascott

2. The Message- Classic Nas Escobar at his finest. A lot of imagery and smooth word play
pimp.gif
5/5

3. Street Dreams- Solid track but jacking 2pacs beat then talking trash about beat jackers is
eyes.gif
4/5

sick.gif
5/5

6. Take It In Blood- Nice pickup from the previous track one of the underrated highlights from the album 4.5/5

7. Nas Is Coming- Solid Beat by Dre with Esco riding the beat trying to be Michael Corleone 3/5

8 Affirmative Action- This track is what the firm album should have sounded like.
happy.gif
5/5

10. Black Girl Lost- Classic standout track because everybody knows a girl like this 5/5

13. Live #+%$+ Rap Classic, two of the greatest MCs ever going back and forth over a fire beat 4.5/5

sick.gif
pimp.gif
5/5

In conclusion this is a hit or miss album with fans and critics alike but this album has more hits than it does misses. Overall The album does not SUCK
mad.gif
It just suffered from the expectation of Illmatic 2 but why would he put out Illmatic 2 when you people didnt BUY it.
You're a idiot, lock this up mods

I mean...theres only like 2 people on here who don't like this album...
Everyone else knows how classic this %%%% is...

we got the numbers baby 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

pimp.gif
5/5

eyes.gif
4/5

sick.gif
5/5

happy.gif
5/5

sick.gif
pimp.gif
5/5

mad.gif
d84157e2a87fe7def7f9ef423d510d01b28eb71.gif
Kick Rocks homie thats easily the weakest track on the whole album

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

pimp.gif
5/5

eyes.gif
4/5

sick.gif
5/5

happy.gif
5/5

sick.gif
pimp.gif
5/5

mad.gif
d84157e2a87fe7def7f9ef423d510d01b28eb71.gif
Kick Rocks homie thats easily the weakest track on the whole album
Nas is coming is by far the wackest song on the album....watch dem N's is fire idk how u rate it so low listen to the last verse again and tell me if u still feel the same way

Ok...

How bout an HONEST anaylis

Intro -
Ok NaS now you're a slave?? Yea this SUCKS (plus AZ is on here
sick.gif
. )
0/5

The Message -
What message don't be a drug dealer... Thanks NaS
4/5

Street Dreams -
What a stupid hook... But its brilliant @ the SAME time (in a Lil Wayne type of way)
4/5

I Gave You Power -
The FIRST genuinley GREAT song on this album
5/5

Watch Dem Ns -
Watch dem Ns in the studio that told you this was a good idea
1/5

Take It In Blood -
Another pretty stupid song
2.5/5

Nas Is Coming -
Prolly the MOST UNDERwhelming record of the 90s... You get the BEST producer and the BEST lyricist in a room and this is the end result??
1/5

Affirmative Action -
Why do I have to hear AZ voice?? Then Cormega sounds like he wrote his verse in 92. NaS carried his weight, but my baby Fox stole the show (and my heart)
4/5

The Set Up -
Should have been the album title cause I was set up thinkin this album would be good. Another ******ed song about NaS Escobar and his fairytale drug dealer stories. Sounds more like a Mobb track
2.5/5

Black Girl Lost -
GREAT song... Kind of random tho
4/5

Suspect -
One of the WORST hooks EVER. Another song that sounds like a carbon copy of Mobb Deep !@+#.
2.5/5

Shootouts -
I like this one.
4.5/5

Live N Rap -
Its a good song, but in comparison to "Eye For An Eye" & "Give It Up Fast" its pretty UNDERwhelming (the OVERall theme of this album)
3.5/5

If I Ruled The World -
One of the BEST songs EVER
5/5

Overall -
3.25/5

NaS and his ******ed drug dealer stories get old pretty quick. Some of his best songs from that period aren't on the album (Silent Murder, Street Dreams Remix)

Nasty Nas > Nasir Jones >>>>>>>>> Nas Escobar >>>> minimum wage >>> AZ

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Ok...

Intro -
sick.gif
. )
0/5

The Message -
4/5

Street Dreams -
What a stupid hook... But its brilliant @ the SAME time (in a Lil Wayne type of way)
4/5

I Gave You Power -
5/5

Watch Dem Ns -
1/5

Take It In Blood -
2.5/5

Nas Is Coming -
Prolly the MOST UNDERwhelming record of the 90s... You get the BEST producer and the BEST lyricist in a room and this is the end result??
1/5

Affirmative Action -
Why do I have to hear AZ voice?? Then Cormega sounds like he wrote his verse in 92. NaS carried his weight, but my baby Fox stole the show (and my heart)
4/5

The Set Up -
Should have been the album title cause I was set up thinkin this album would be good. Another ******ed song about NaS Escobar and his fairytale drug dealer stories. Sounds more like a Mobb track
2.5/5

Black Girl Lost -
4/5

Suspect -
One of the WORST hooks EVER. Another song that sounds like a carbon copy of Mobb Deep !@+#.
2.5/5

Shootouts -
I like this one.
4.5/5

Live N Rap -
Its a good song, but in comparison to "Eye For An Eye" & "Give It Up Fast" its pretty UNDERwhelming (the OVERall theme of this album)
3.5/5

If I Ruled The World -
5/5

Overall -
3.25/5

NaS and his ******ed drug dealer stories get old pretty quick. Some of his best songs from that period aren't on the album (Silent Murder, Street Dreams Remix)

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ok...

Intro -
sick.gif
. )
0/5

The Message -
4/5

Street Dreams -
4/5

I Gave You Power -
5/5

Watch Dem Ns -
1/5

Take It In Blood -
2.5/5

Nas Is Coming -
1/5

Affirmative Action -
4/5

The Set Up -
2.5/5

Black Girl Lost -
4/5

Suspect -
2.5/5

Shootouts -
I like this one.
4.5/5

Live N Rap -
3.5/5

If I Ruled The World -
5/5

Overall -
3.25/5

IN YOU.....................THE HATE IS STRONG

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Nas Is Coming -

That's exactly how I've always felt about that record.

Ridiculous album though.

I was set to type out this long %%% drawn out argument in favor of IWW  a few days ago but decided against it for obvious reasons... and I knew as soon as I came in here you were going to be on bull *@#$ ... but...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Street Dreams -
4/5

How is the hook stupid? He took the whole idea of "Sweet Dreams" and applied it to the hood.

$$*# I thought the majority liked this album.

There is maybe like 2 songs I skip sometimes though but other than that its one of my favorites.

nas is general is weak he has a few (3 maybe 4) "good" tracks on each album other than that *kayne shrug*

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Dapper D

/thread

and Nas is coming is da weakest joint on da album for da record.

Back
Top Bottom