For the millenials here, have you given up on getting rich yet?

If I were him I'd open my own shop while still hustling on Amazon and making them aware of his own store. Don't know what amazon would say but if possible that's what I'd do.

If I were him I'd open my own shop while still hustling on Amazon and making them aware of his own store. Don't know what amazon would say but if possible that's what I'd do.
All the little things you have to get right adds up to a lot of time and effort, all while your store doesn't get anywhere near the amount of traffic as Amazon. At the end of the day it's better to let Amazon handle all the logistics so that you have time to focus on the important stuff.

It's not about making as much as possible, it's about living a happy and comfortable life

Yeah, I know that Amazon makes it easier. I don't even know what he sells. I'm just imagining he could slowly transition to his own store and not give them their cut.

I know it would probably suck for a minute but ultimately it could end up with him keeping all his money. I'd rather hire my boys to help me out and pay them and keep the money in my circle vs Amazon. That's just how I am. But yeah if it's for sure going to ruin your life don't do that.

I also realize Amazon gets him way more looks. Just brainstorming.

Last edited:
My old man was making low 20's an hour when he bought a house in the late 80's. I can't afford this area even on my journeyman pay I'll be making in a few years. The Bay Area is too damn expensive. I never will be rich and that's the reality. I just hope to be comfortable and be surrounded by good people. Let me have my Harley, my truck, and a few laughs along the way and I'll be alright.

I don't wanna be that dude that wanna be rich so bad I chase being rich and not enjoy my life like I should. As much as I wanna be rich I wanna enjoy this life I'm living too. I've seen dudes put their children 2nd to chase **** that never happened.

5 mill in sales!?!?! you got the juice now Oh You Mad...

time to take that profit margin from 5- 25% to 75% though and cut out Amazon
That's an easy way to lose all his money. Customers don't know who he is or what he does, they just search what they want on Amazon and order it. Leave the site and no one finds your shop.

Plus the costs of making up for what Amazon provides will far exceed that extra 50%
This. I own the trademarks to our branded products we offer on amazon. With all the units sold on amazon I'm sure customer look for our name now. (think monoprice) 

I gladly pay amazon that 45-50% for them taking care of SEO, Storage, and most importantly logistics.

It costs $100-$150 to send 4,000 units to amazon. Amazon ships those 4,000 individual units to customers for about the same price it would cost us to send each item individually. 

Wait, you already thought of cutting Amazon out?

Just playing. Glad things are going well for your business.

Definitely know what you're saying, I'm 31 now and am on the edge of giving up on the whole wanting to get rich thing as my net worth is under 100k still. Its just tough to live in Cali and have a good quality of life without a higher net worth which means well into the millions

I don't wanna be that dude that wanna be rich so bad I chase being rich and not enjoy my life like I should. As much as I wanna be rich I wanna enjoy this life I'm living too. I've seen dudes put their children 2nd to chase **** that never happened.

if you not enjoying the journey to wealth....

you must be doing a job you don't like

so you are wasting a 3rd of your life regardless

Last edited:
a brother of mine has traveled to work all over the US and tell me electricians anywhere else are better off than the electricians with less than 10 years under their belt here in the California and especially the Bay Area. He's one of the only baby boomers that acknowledges that it was easier and better for them than it is for us. He was telling me an electrician in St Louis will more than likely have a home, a rental home, a truck, and a boat and still live comfortably.

Good. I hope this trend continues. Give up and let us with actual vision flourish. I'm all for less competition if people have given up hope. Makes it way easier for me to get ahead.

Agree with you on something here. Spots are there, of course it's not easy but they're available. Probably actually easier than your little **** job once you're proficient in it. Folks are just scared, psych themselves out.

I've been able to build a million dollar+ real estate development business after hustling at it for about 7 years. I'm 29.

What do you mean by that though like is your business revenue million plus per year or is that the valuation of it. Do you have partners etc.

I've been able to build a million dollar+ real estate development business after hustling at it for about 7 years. I'm 29.

Oh YoU MaD:

Damn man you makin me look like im slackin off haha. Spent the last three years working for the man and got tired of making someone else a gang of money. First year on my own has been real tough but definitely ain't giving up anytime soon.  Born in 88 if that matters...
can i ask what you guys are selling?

Is it your own product?

Buying and reselling?

Oh YoU MaD:

Damn man you makin me look like im slackin off haha. Spent the last three years working for the man and got tired of making someone else a gang of money. First year on my own has been real tough but definitely ain't giving up anytime soon.  Born in 88 if that matters...
can i ask what you guys are selling?

Is it your own product?

Buying and reselling?
^always be wary of an NY ***** asking how you make your money...

Alpo is out there....

Last edited:
I buy and resell collectibles. Pokemon
pimp.gif
, Star Wars, etc. I just started so over time I would want to create a product to manufacture and sell but right now i'm just grinding out every dollar i can

What do you mean by that though like is your business revenue million plus per year or is that the valuation of it. Do you have partners etc.

I don't have any partners and we have done between 1.2 and 1.6 in profit last few years. Large majority of which I reinvest to continue to scale.

Back
Top Bottom