For the NTers that know about lineups/shape-ups/edge-ups/etc, question

I was at the barbershop and told the barber to give me a nice chinstrap. When he was lining me up, I noticed he had baby powder in his hands, and occasionally dabbed the t-outliner (trimmer) in the baby powder and then lined me up with it. Is this some kind of technique that helps get a cleaner cut? Can someone please elaborate?

If anything, I guess to avoid any skin irritation from being cut too close, but I've never seen or heard of that. You let LeBron line you up or something?

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

If anything, I guess to avoid any skin irritation from being cut too close, but I've never seen or heard of that. You let LeBron line you up or something?

1245087779_lebron-james-fart.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

laugh.gif

my barber does it all the time,he told me its for when ppl sweat,you cant get that clean of a line with wet skin so he uses the powder to help get a sharper line

i told him one day im not een sweating and he tells me even the smallest amount of moisture can make a diffrence between a sharp line and dull line

ur barber is prob performing voodoo on you...shave ur face n head completely bald to get rid of the curse

yep for people sweating. also back when i cut, if i was giving low caesers to someone dark, i used the power to see the line i was cutting.

Originally Posted by FedExciter

my barber does it all the time,he told me its for when ppl sweat,you cant get that clean of a line with wet skin so he uses the powder to help get a sharper line

i told him one day im not een sweating and he tells me even the smallest amount of moisture can make a diffrence between a sharp line and dull line

I can understand using powder on someone's head to eliminate moist skin, but his barber dipped the liners into powder.
That doesn't make any sense to me.

If the blades are wet, they won't cut properly. But if you add powder to wet blades it will make it harden and the blades won't work at all.

You should ask your barber why he does that.

Back
Top Bottom