For those living in apartments, how long does the approval/move in process take?

Trying to get an apartment ASAP over here and i was just wondering how long it takes to move in? Like i know how have to get approved and all that, so for those in apartments right now, how long did all of that take?
thanks guys
smile.gif

Me and my girl did our apps on Oct. 20, got approved like 3 days later, then moved in on the 29th. Sooo...... Like a week or so.

Originally Posted by fresh2deff

Me and my girl did our apps on Oct. 20, got approved like 3 days later, then moved in on the 29th. Sooo...... Like a week or so.

now were you able to move in at any time? or not till the beginning (or very very end, in your case) of the month?

Approval is usually like 2 to 3 days.  Move in depends on the availability of units, so I'll say soonest if you include getting your utilities set up 3-7 days.

Thats the early date they gave me. I was "suppose to" move in on the first, but the chick was maaad cool and said we can start moving our stuff in the 29th.

Originally Posted by F3rN7

Approval is usually like 2 to 3 days.  Move in depends on the availability of units, so I'll say soonest if you include getting your utilities set up 3-7 days.

well i hope the places im looking at dont make me wait till the 1st of next month.
thanks for the info so far guys

When I worked for a property management firm it depended on the size apartment you want, the availability that the property has, and their requirements. The property's requirements are especially important because they may require a larger deposit, former rental verification, or even employment verification. With that said, it can take any time between a couple of days to a few weeks.

I just moved into my own place back around Aug 15. The application/approval process only took 1 day. As far as actually moving into the place, it depends on the unit/spot you're looking at and what's available. Some spots aren't open/ready to move in til a later date and some are available to move in asap. The leasing office ppl can tell you.

approval takes 2 mins, they look at your credit on the screen right in front of you

show them your last 2 check stubs and that's all she wrote

when they let you move in is dependent upon whether the apt is ready as in maintenance really

some make you wait, some don't

I done it twice so far looking to do it again soon. i like my place. approval id a cake walk. as long as your stuff is in order.

my approval took about 30 seconds
roll.gif
idk why you guys had to wait so long. the wait time for me was getting the apartment i wanted

how tough is it to get a nice apartment with not so good credit??? weak s actually how they described it when i got my credit checked last year 
tired.gif
...but since then i've paid off my car and have been making my monthly payments on time and i'm actually gonna pay the remaining balance off this month 
pimp.gif
...but i'm planning on moving to Arizona next year in Jan/Feb/Mar and want to get my own place...now, i haven't gotten my credit checked since then but lets say it was still the same and i doubt anything i do over the next couple of months will raise it drastically, would they turn me down for an apartment???

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Trying to get an apartment ASAP over here and i was just wondering how long it takes to move in? Like i know how have to get approved and all that, so for those in apartments right now, how long did all of that take?
thanks guys
smile.gif

My landlord ran a quick credit/background check & we found out in about 2 days , this is a side apartment in his house.

When we did apartments in manhatt. it's a little more "involved & time consuming" depending on who you are dealing with
usually its 1-2 weeks

Back
Top Bottom