For those of you that are fans of different teams around the country...

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by jpzx, Feb 20, 2009.

1. jpzx

jpzx

May I ask how this happened? There's probably a logical explanation but I just hate bandwagon fans (I almost became a Knicks fan a couple months ago whenthe Lebron rumors started up, got out of it [​IMG][​IMG])..so basically I'm just wondering how those of you that have teams from NYand CA in your sig came to be like that. I don't understand how some of you can be fans of teams way on different ends of the country, but like I saidthere's probably a good reason for it. I keep seeing signatures like these:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nicefitdominican

nicefitdominican

To each is their own. As for Me I am born & raised in New York and only root for the Mets, Giants, & Knicks...

3. kiddin like jason

kiddin like jason

4. dlo13

dlo13

[​IMG]

5. jordan201

jordan201

MLB: Yankees- Grew up watching them and I live in NJ.

NBA: Pacers- I loved Jordan as a kid, but IDK, I was a HUGE Reggie Miller fan.

NFL: My first NFL game I ever watched (I actually went to) was watching Chris Carter and Randy Moss. Moss became my fav. NFL'er (no JRAIN) until he left.

6. lbruce89

lbruce89

7. chr1scross

chr1scross

always and forever a Warriors fan no matter how crappy they're managed.
    I like the Giants but I find myself following the Mets (Jose Reyes fan) and Angels more.
    49ers fan but also a Panthers (Steve Smitttttty [​IMG]) fan
    Dont know much bout hockey but Sharks are exciting to watch when theres nothing else on TV

8. trillipinotrapstar

trillipinotrapstar

for some Georgia teams like the Dawgs, Falcons, and Hawks I like them cause of the state and the city of Atlanta in general, the rap music from ATL, and red isone of my fave colors. Hawks - I like Joe Johnson; Falcons - I liked them since Mike Vick came to the league; and UGA - well Gunna can answer this for me[​IMG][​IMG]

Give me a pass though......everyone likes some teams for weird reasons anyway. [​IMG]

9. jbug88

jbug88

the only non-L.A. professional team I am a fan of is the New England Patriots.
    And it's because of the 1993 NFL draft. Drew Bledsoe was my favorite college player at the time when he was at WSU. I was never really a Rams or a Raidersfan, so I thought, what the hell? Let's cheer for a 2-14 team..
    other than that...
    MLB-Dodgers
    NHL-Kings
    NBA-Clips
    and there is Notre Dame, but that's been since I was born...

-J-

10. jordanhead2

jordanhead2

I'm a Ram fan but I'm from SoCal. My Dad was a Ram fan since their LA days, so he raised me as a fan. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. lu cash

lu cash Banned

Just let them live, does it really bother you that much? I'm from Miami and I root for all Miami teams, I honestly don't care about the bandwagon fansdown here, I just worry about me and my teams.

12. vctry20

vctry20

80JerryRice?

13. flowsomuch

flowsomuch

Ask ERACISM/Bandwagon4life, he became a Knicks fan after the 06 playoffs. Then for some strange reason he lost the Bring Kobe to the Knicks sig and is a Lakerfan again. [​IMG]

14. jville819

jville819

[​IMG]

15. jpzx

jpzx

Do I sound mad or something? If you have a logical reason for being a fan of that team then great, all the power to you. If you become a fan of ateam because they're having success at a certain point of time (bandwagon fan), then yes I've lost all respect for you as a sports fan.

16. jjgrt5

jjgrt5

I live in Dallas so I support the Cowboys. I live in Texas so I support Texas (UT). I like the lakers but im more of a Pau Gasol (Spain), Kobe Bryant fan.....never liked the mavs. My soccer teams are Mexico, Spain, and Barcelona. I have heritage with both Mexico and Spain so I support them (peep avy..........Torres)

17. illoquent aka dsk

illoquent aka dsk

Fixed (for me).

Real simple...I moved from NY to MA a # of years ago and I got into football after I was here.

This was when Bledsoe was still QB and Brady was still in Michigan so...yeah. [​IMG]

I get enough !$@@ from my cousins back when I go back home to NY. [​IMG][​IMG]

Had to turn my cell off after SB 42...[​IMG][​IMG]

18. guerrilla warfare

guerrilla warfare

If you don't like yo home town team; Were they do datt @...[​IMG]

19. acidicality

acidicality

i don't mind people who root for teams around the country randomly, like let's say...they root for the Reds, Vikings, and Warriors. However, if allthose random teams are conveniently all the best teams out there, then....I've definitely put you in the frontrunner category[​IMG].

20. the north west

the north west

I think people are fans of different teams mainly because they like certain players on them

21. codex57

codex57

I tend to like the first team I ever saw playing.

1st baseball game - Angels
    1st football - Niners
    1st soccer - Newcastle United
    1st hockey - Ducks
    1st basketball - Lakers

22. xbiker47

xbiker47

^^^ def agree with that statement

23. Retroballer

Retroballer

Well when you dont have a team close to you seem to gravitate towards teams with players you like

24. addictedtofreshkicks

addictedtofreshkicks

I have my main teams and then my secondary teams

Main teams
    Rangers
    Mets
    Jets
    Knicks

Secondary teams
    Sharks- I like watching them because they play late on the west coast
    Cowboys- they are jsut my other football team
    Lakers- Kobe is my favorite NBA player
    Manchester United- Cristiano Ronaldo is an animal

I absolutely hate the Penguins but I watch them ALOT because my favorite player in sports is Evgeni Malkin.

25. durden7

durden7

Duke basketball, Tennessee football, Celtics, Athletics, Colts, and i hate hockey.