For those who have a Bachelors Degree, how does it feel?

Originally Posted by Hoy Its Lindsay

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

welp, i can't find a job. today, it will have been 6 months since I graduated..

majored in political science/public law from a top 10 public university.

feels $!%@%%$ batman.
Remind me not to major in poli sci
To be honest, I start law school next Fall so it doesn't even matter. Just know that for poli sci majors, you have only two options: a) law school or b) government/government contracted intelligence.. slim pickings 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Not as good as my MBA.
smokin.gif

Wouldn't be where I am without my BA, working on the second "piece of paper".  BA's open the lock of the door, up to you to turn the knob and walk through it.

Been working since I was 17, never stopped hustling/networking.  I can get fired/laid off today and have a job tomorrow.

I'm definitely not going to say worthless but accomplished is the word. Even though things haven't transpired as I wanted.
With that said, I'm going back to school to further advance.

Graduating next may with a bachelors in Kinesiology with exercise specialization plan on going to physical therapy school in the near future, if I don't get accepted for next fall, taking the year off and taking my GRE again and retaking some classes applying all over again because I missed a whole bunch of deadlines this year

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Not as good as my MBA.
smokin.gif

Wouldn't be where I am without my BA, working on the second "piece of paper".  BA's open the lock of the door, up to you to turn the knob and walk through it.

Been working since I was 17, never stopped hustling/networking.  I can get fired/laid off today and have a job tomorrow.

THIS. but i don't feel great about it or nothing. all it says to employees is "i can complete something"

Im getting mine this coming may. Ive been studying international affairs and political science, and i cant wait to finally be eligible for all the positions ive been interested in for the last 4 years.

pimp.gif

U MUST keep going after. Make as many connections as possible before u get your bachelors. I work at target and some people think I'm so smart that its illegal. Once I tell them the stuff I have done/want to do with my degree they usually say “isnt that illegal" u just gotta keep at it.

I feel mad accomplished.

I'm only one of two in my family (at least in my generation) to have a degree so for me it means more to me than just a piece of paper

Although at times, I wanted to rip it up because I couldn't find a job. Got a part time for now while working on my M.A so I'm not complaining.

Worthless. Went to school for education. Now working in the IT field and making way more money than I would have teaching. Sad that teaching is my passion, but the state has no money for teachers which is why I am not surprised at the influx of stupidity in the next generation...

Originally Posted by OkayKK

Worthless. Went to school for education. Now working in the IT field and making way more money than I would have teaching. Sad that teaching is my passion, but the state has no money for teachers which is why I am not surprised at the influx of stupidity in the next generation...

Kinda same as me. C.I.S and really never used it. I mean its good in a sense it set a precedent, and good example for my kids. But as far as how it has advanced me in the business/employement world, it has not. I mean if it wasnt for scholoarships and the armed service paying for it all, and me getting paid to earn it. I probably would feel like it was several years wasted. I think the worst part of it all is knowing you so call have a skill that many say you can fall back on knowing good and well that majority of the work in your related field is being outsourced by american companies somewhere off in india etc...

I basically have to get my masters in order to get the CPA certificate in GA, so once I do graduate I doubt I even tell anyone. It won't mean much.

MPA though?
pimp.gif
I'd be the first in my fam with a Master's. 

Not as good as my MBA.
smokin.gif

B.A. didn't do that. It's not what you know, but who you know.
B.A. is a highschool diploma in 2011. Masters is almost always preferred in 2011. B.A. was a bore, I have ADD so I guess it might be my own experience but I couldn't sit still. I just wanted the diploma so I can go on with my Saturday. I really only did it for my mom. I got the masters as free-be in a credential program. Again, that was a "can you hurry this up" experience. 

You feel "accomplished" when you buy your cap and gown but once you get that paper it's just another day.

There's a better sense of success when you move out your moms and be on your own. 

only the stepping stone to getting a masters...it shows grad school you stuck with it for 4+ years and did this and that in your undergrad so that you can gain entrance into their masters program.

I have a Bus Admin - Decision Sciences degree and I'm not even sure what that is anymore.
laugh.gif

Not as good as my MBA.
smokin.gif

This.  Not enough students out there hustling.  They think a bachelors degree will get companies begging them to come and work. 
laugh.gif

It feels good to have it, but it's pretty much the equivalent of a HS diploma nowadays. In this world, you gotta have some hustle to ya.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

I have a Bus Admin - Decision Sciences degree and I'm not even sure what that is anymore.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 my degree is similar.  B.S in Business Admin - Mgmt Information Systems with an emphasis in E-commerce (not sure why business degree is a b.s instead of a b.a at my alma mater but it was)

is, i have never had a job that is related to my field.  ive been working in the finance industry for the last 7-8 yrs and i love it.

Man, if your goal is to get your bachelor's, don't let anyone discourage you.

I'm not cut from the cloth of working for someone my entire life. My parents, neither have a college degree. I got my bachelor's for them. The job I'm working now, I truly love and would do regardless. Plus, if things ever got bad, there's a handful of jobs I could walk into and be overqualified with my degree.

Back
Top Bottom