For those who know about hair, question vol. How to grow waves?

So I'm planning on growing waves, problem is I dont know how so I was wondering if anyone on here can help a man out? Right now my hair is about an inch and a half on top and my sides are still growing back from a 0.5 fade I got about two weeks ago. My hair is straight also. Can someone tell me what the process would be to grow some waves just on the top (I wanna fade the sides). For example, how long my hair should be when I start using the brush, etc. I'm trying to grow something like what these dudes have, only on the top though

drbf5i.jpg

DSC00024.JPG

Help is appreciated

If your hair is straight then you are pretty much SOL..

Waves are produced by flattening natural curly hair (like that of black folk). I only have prominent waves on the top and back. The sides look like calm waters
laugh.gif

a lot of brushing if your not brushing ur not doing it right, wash your hair out everyday or other day use head and shoulders brush while ur in the shower. After the shower keep brushing till its damp. use sporting waves or 360waves or pink lostion for moisture. just keep brushing all day till your head hurts basically. people quit after a week haha it took me about 4 months to have solid 360s everywhere sorry no pics i can look for some old ones though my iphone broke. i would recommend a soft brush from sallys after a cut low, then move to a medium brush and if u decide to wolf use a hard brush. if you wolf i would recommend keeping your hair as moisturized as possible. and dont wolf too long, the longest ive grown my hair out was 4-5 weeks while doing what i said earlier everyday. its all about patience too. if you have really nappy/course/curly hair use a hrd brush to straighten it out a medium or soft wont work as well. DONT PILE GREASE ON, thats just a nono waves is all about clean hair.
its hard to keep up with waves too ive had them since 10th grade now im a freshman in college, after a while u get tired of keeping up with it and if u have them long enough u wont need to brush as much ur hair will naturally form an s curl. keep brushing

you cant grow waves son.

the best waves come from nappy !%$ hair which i kinda lack.
smh.gif
but its tryna get there and BRUSH BRUSH BRUSH.

i used murray's once after i couldnt brush my hair for a while.....waves been spinnin ever since and i dont even brush my hair everyday. so i guess its natural but oh well

Hair is kind of long, you have to get it a dark caesar and then start putting either carrot oil, indian hemp, luster's pink, green tea moisturizer, or something in it and brushing (I got mine since I first started and I've never even been a ridiculous brusher like people claim. I do like 20 strokes in the morning at most while driving to work). Because your hair is longer with the dark caesar, it'll look more nappy or curly then wavy but after about a week and a half, get a lower cut and your %%%+$ will be right. That's what I did anyways, no du rags or stocking caps, and I definitely don't have naturally wavy hair

If anybody is looking to get waves, I got a drawer full of pomades and wave grease. They are different kinds but i don't use them anymore, growing out my hair again. If you need information or want them get at me through pm or whatever. They probably changed some of the formulas but they worked really well for me.

first pic dude looks like he has alot of grease in his hair....but starting out brush all the time dnt cut your hair for about 6weeks and get a harder brush when it gets longer...when you get out the shower brush your hair dry dnt use a towel on ur head then put pink lotion in and brush for about another 5min or until it is mixed in with your hair then throw ur durag on.. repeat every night and if you dnt give up or start slackin your waves will be lookn good.

first pic dude looks like he has alot of grease in his hair....but starting out brush all the time dnt cut your hair for about 6weeks and get a harder brush when it gets longer...when you get out the shower brush your hair dry dnt use a towel on ur head then put pink lotion in and brush for about another 5min or until it is mixed in with your hair then throw ur durag on.. repeat every night and if you dnt give up or start slackin your waves will be lookn good.

Back
Top Bottom