For You Religious Folks: Do You Feel Guilty When Stealing Music/Movies Online?

Originally Posted by LDJ

AntonLaVey wrote:
Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif
@ How they're trying to rationalize this.

I'm baffled, I'm probably the biggest perpetrator of this......I average one movie a year I pay for, and I watch a lot of movies. But I'm not gonna sit here and argue that it isn't stealing.
laugh.gif

See this i can respect you know the *!! aint right,  but your being real and say i steal got no problem with it and will continue to do so. Its funny that the most truest and honest ppl posting about this are the folks that arent claiming they so religious, and its the "im holy than thou" ppl being the most fake dishonest and hypocritical. Goes to show you how fraud religion is. Let me go get my prayer hankie 
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
you sound extremely immature.

to the OP, why bring religion into this? oh yeah, you are NTs equivalent of a shock jock. nvm, keep doing what you do...

Originally Posted by LDJ

AntonLaVey wrote:

laugh.gif

I'm baffled, I'm probably the biggest perpetrator of this......I average one movie a year I pay for, and I watch a lot of movies. But I'm not gonna sit here and argue that it isn't stealing.
laugh.gif

See this i can respect you know the !%# aint right,  but your being real and say i steal got no problem with it and will continue to do so. Its funny that the most truest and honest ppl posting about this are the folks that arent claiming they so religious, and its the "im holy than thou" ppl being the most fake dishonest and hypocritical. Goes to show you how fraud religion is. Let me go get my prayer hankie 
roll.gif

First off this isn't a religious debate it's an ethical one. It is stealing and the reason people do it is because they don't feel like they are stealing. It feels very different to download music than to as someone said before steal a purse. Is it wrong/unethical? Yeah it is. But it is understandable why people do it.
Religous people aren't perfect and there aren't many who would claim to be perfect. You however saying religion is a fraud is a testament of your arrogance and really discredits any argument you have. Unlike Anton and DC who keep it respectful when they disagree with something you openly attack it.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by oidreez

to me, stealing would be going to the store and taking the album without paying for it. downloading music is different to me.

What kinda logic is this? It costs money, the artist benefits from you buying his album, the artist doesn't want you to get his music for free.....how in the world is this not stealing?
laugh.gif
refer to "piracy is not theft" picture

The reason DC brought religion in to this because most often tell you what's right and wrong. I.E. Thou shalt not steal. He specifically asked religious people.

Why yall acting like ethics and morals don't play an integral part in religion?

Either way though yall buggin with the excuses. Any rational person can tell you it is stealing. So unless your ethical view permits stealing stop it.

I do it all the time and will continue to do so. I aint rich.

I often wondered the same thing. I have a very religious aunt. (You know the one who is in church everyday.) Everytime i see her though she is always bragging on her new bootlegs.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by MilitaryIV

ae315aef811210dddbafa138ef125bd482d993a.jpg
Oh I see 
laugh.gif
aight...lets say downloading is one thing...but if you put that album on a blank cd/ipod and are genuinely rocking with it, that's equivalent to stealing...you're not paying for that product...it wasn't free...but you still have it...that is stealing

I brought religion into this discussion because I wanted to know if RELIGIOUS folks really considered this stealing and if they thought twice about it when they did it. That is why religion was brought into it.

But it is steal funny that people are essentially saying it isn't stealing since there is no hard copy theivery taking place. Understandable but I would think people had better judgement. We all know it is stealing but the effort being displayed to not admit it is actually funny.

Originally Posted by dnycemodel

I often wondered the same thing. I have a very religious aunt. (You know the one who is in church everyday.) Everytime i see her though she is always bragging on her new bootlegs.
roll.gif
You should call her out on it man.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

its not stealing, i download music but not movies since i dont care for watching movie on the computer.
You do know that just because you downloaded a movie doesn't mean you have to watch it on the CPU?
HDMI Cables, burn to disk and watch on your 360/PS3. Plenty of ways.

But there is some funny justifications in here. Expected that though

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Oh I see 
laugh.gif
aight...lets say downloading is one thing...but if you put that album on a blank cd/ipod and are genuinely rocking with it, that's equivalent to stealing...you're not paying for that product...it wasn't free...but you still have it...that is stealing
No it isn't because the original still exists in the store, or where ever. It's piracy still.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Oh I see 
laugh.gif
No it isn't because the original still exists in the store, or where ever. It's piracy still.

Ever notice how "pircacy" and "pirates" sound so much alike.
I could go ahead and google the history of the word "piracy" but it does not take a genius to see that it was somehow derived from the word "pirate".

Want to know what pirates are most commonly know for other than a hook and an eyepatch?
....Thats right....STEALING.

How can you possibly claim that piracy is not a form of stealing?

The bible says clearly that stealing "IDEAS" is just as wrong as stealing money or food.

Wouldn't downloading stuff fall under that definition?

And again the thread was directed at religious people who try to live by a specific set of rules. Obviously most other NTer's aren't gonna think twice about stealing music or movies or whatever.

Hell i personally buy bootleg movies at least 5 to 1 compared to actual dvds from the store. i realize it is taking money out of the pockets of someone else. Probablyt takes a few cents from a dozen different companies but what it comes down to is i'd rather give my bootleg dvd guy 5 bucks then support the film industry in general. If i see something i truly enjoy i fork over the 20 bucks at the store. Is that stealing? Not by my personal definition but according to the bible yes it is.

pi·ra·cy (pr-s)
n. pl. pi·ra·cies
a. Robbery committed at sea.
b. A similar act of robbery, as the hijacking of an airplane.
2. The unauthorized use or reproduction of copyrighted or patented material: software piracy.

Same dudes trying to justify it is the same ones making those "OMFG Comcast security dept just called me Vol. i'm scared imma go to jail!!!"

When people download music or movies for whatever reason they no longer have any incentive to watch the movie or buy a particular artists music, when the number of people downloading the songs or watching the movie adds up it takes away from that movie or artists earnings and thats considered stealing in my book, even though I do it all the time and I know what I'm doing I just don't have the intent of buying hundreds of dollars worth of music

Originally Posted by cartune

pi·ra·cy (pr-s)
n. pl. pi·ra·cies
2. The unauthorized use or reproduction of copyrighted or patented material: software piracy.
laugh.gif
Wonder how they will flip this one.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

pi·ra·cy (pr-s)
n. pl. pi·ra·cies
laugh.gif
They can't.

And for those of you asking what religion has to do with this, well I always assumed that we couldn't be ethical/moral without religion giving us a handbook on how to know such things.
At least that's what I hear from religious people
eyes.gif

pi·ra·cy (pr-s)
n. pl. pi·ra·cies
laugh.gif

Yo that piracy picture just killed me.
laugh.gif

AZwildcats wrote:
LDJ wrote:
AntonLaVey wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

See this i can respect you know the !%# aint right,  but your being real and say i steal got no problem with it and will continue to do so. Its funny that the most truest and honest ppl posting about this are the folks that arent claiming they so religious, and its the "im holy than thou" ppl being the most fake dishonest and hypocritical. Goes to show you how fraud religion is. Let me go get my prayer hankie 
roll.gif

First off this isn't a religious debate it's an ethical one. It is stealing and the reason people do it is because they don't feel like they are stealing. It feels very different to download music than to as someone said before steal a purse. Is it wrong/unethical? Yeah it is. But it is understandable why people do it.
Religous people aren't perfect and there aren't many who would claim to be perfect. You however saying religion is a fraud is a testament of your arrogance and really discredits any argument you have. Unlike Anton and DC who keep it respectful when they disagree with something you openly attack it.

itch wdf r u talking bout saying this isnt a question about religion its says religion in the thread title, pops musta bought b-grade condoms that night, but i digress. All i said is its funny how we have 3 or 4 threads going on and all these ppl are acting like they so righteous etc, then in return condone stealing and rationalizing how it is ok.

It feels diff because you are being hypocritical. And r u kidding me saying what does religion have to do with right/wrong. Thats what religion is basically about good/evil right and wrong. And if you preach one thing and say another then hello dumbzza thats what being a hypocritical means. Man just shut ur zza up.

Originally Posted by blackxme

pi·ra·cy (pr-s)

n. pl. pi·ra·cies

laugh.gif
They can't.

And for those of you asking what religion has to do with this, well I always assumed that we couldn't be ethical/moral without religion giving us a handbook on how to know such things.
At least that's what I hear from religious people
eyes.gif

Stupid people can't. There are smart, religious people as well. Stupid people need organized religion. Let's just say I think Thomas Hobbes was a very smart man.

[h2]
For You Religious Folks: Do You Feel Guilty When Stealing Music/Movies Online?
Simple answer is NO.  I don't even know how to steal music/movies.  I find it easier to just buy it on Amazon and Itunes.  You get all the artwork and everything!
pimp.gif

[/h2]However if you are religious and follow the gospel of Christ, then you should not be stealing music/movies. 

ILLIONAIRE wrote:
DCAllAmerican wrote:
Are you willing to use the, "People can enjoy something that they wouldn't have been able to access/afford otherwise" logic when it comes to other items or is it just convenient for you to use that in THIS situation to justify you stealing?

Let's try.

If you steal ONE lobster from the grocery store, essentially the grocery store is not losing much of anything from that "transaction." If someone living well below the poverty line does this, is it cool because they wouldn't have ever been able to enjoy it since they couldn't afford it? Or are you going to find a way to refute this analogy because it isn't convenient for you?

How about these?

What about stealing dirt from a construction site?
What about stealing pens/pencils from work?
What about stealing a cup from a fast food restaurant and filling it up with water?
What about taking register's tape from behind a Wal-Mart cashier's desk to use on your calculator at home?

ALL of these things aren't making the owner any less poorer than before, yet they are steal examples of STEALING.

So I guess all of these are ok as well right? Or is stealing music different because you don't physically have to grab anything? Maybe that is what it is. RIght? Huh?

I just want consistency from people's arguments. That is all.

Ok by this illustration identity THEFT really isnt stealing, because you cant physically steal who a person is, you can only copy the info about the person.

Originally Posted by LDJ

AZwildcats wrote:
LDJ wrote:
AntonLaVey wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

itch wdf r u talking bout saying this isnt a question about religion its says religion in the thread title, pops musta bought b-grade condoms that night, but i digress. All i said is its funny how we have 3 or 4 threads going on and all these ppl are acting like they so righteous etc, then in return condone stealing and rationalizing how it is ok.

It feels diff because you are being hypocritical. And r u kidding me saying what does religion have to do with right/wrong. Thats what religion is basically about good/evil right and wrong. And if you preach one thing and say another then hello dumbzza thats what being a hypocritical means. Man just shut ur zza up.

wow... you come off as extremely ignorant.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Ok by this illustration identity THEFT really isnt stealing, because you cant physically steal who a person is, you can only copy the info about the person.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom