FORBES: NBA'S MOST LOYAL FANS

Originally Posted by eyegiantjackpot

lakers had a 99% return on their season ticket holders, and the wait list is about 4 years to get to sit in the last row in the 300s.. thats sounds pretty damn loyal to me..

do you know how much money you can make off selling laker tickets? id make a bet that half of the season ticket holders dont even attend the majority of thegames

Originally Posted by caLiwestcoast1

Originally Posted by lawdog1

QFT. Back in the mid-1990s, when it was the Vlade-Van Excel-EJ-Ceballos-Elden Campbell Lakers, there was nowhere near as many Laker fans as there is now. I have no doubt it will be the same way again once the Kobe era ends, if the team has some down years.
theres gonna be bandwagons no matter what...i just hate the stereotype that ALL Laker fans are bandwagons...as ive been a Laker since the anthony peeLer and doug christie days...but the thing with the Lakers is that theyve been very consistant in winning, you gotta give them that i mean in their history theyve onLy missed the postseason 3 times
eek.gif
...with consistant winning comes consistant bandwagoners...i mean you say there is nowhere near as many Laker fans as there is now, what about the chicago MJ era?!...every-freakin'-body was on the chicago's jockstrap...BULLS THIS BULLS THAT!...now where are they?...not much chicago fans anymore...so aLso you gotta separate the Lakers fans to the kobe fans...there are A LOT of kobe fans who arent Laker fans but they are fans of the Lakers because of kobe...
Here in Los Angeles, those car flags disappeared with the quickness after Shaq was gone, just to reappear last post season. Los Angeles is thebiggest front running city when it comes to basketball. I know there are true Lakers fans, however they're outnumbered drastically to the front runningfans. You're also correct about the Bulls, seems to only be a handful us now outside of Chicago
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

laugh.gif
at laker fans. ****. the lakers bandwagon is HUGE.

I'm saying...before the whole Kobe/Shaq thing(2000-2005) i never knew so many Laker fans. I grew and watched the "golden age" aka the MJ era, and let me tell you this. The Lakers were irrelevant, and no one paid no attention to them during the 90's.

Once Phil Jackson came into town and won that 1st championship, everyone became a Laker fan. Plus, a lot of the Laker fans are only Kobe fans. The samething can be said about the MJ fans during the 90's.

If Kobe left the Lakers and played for another team, I wonder how many Laker fans would still be around.

And, Kings fans are VERY loyal. The list IS based off of attendance, and there are always seats being filled in ARCO. This has been the case since the Mitch Richmond era. I never knew Clipper fans were so loyal though.
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

Sush an ignorant post. But I'm not surprised considering it's coming from a Jordan lover.

Jordan the "golden era" for the NBA
laugh.gif

80's basketball >>>> Jordan 90's Bulls era.

Oh yeah for your info, since you claim the Lakers were irrelevant during the 90's after showtime had ended, when Magic Johnson, Pat Riley, Kareem were allgone.

Guess what NBC was still showing regular season Laker games on the weekend during national TV prime time when we had guys like Sedale Threatt were starting& playing for the Lakers. But yeah I guess they were only showing this game because back then the Supersonics were the team to watch
laugh.gif
. But then again the Lakers were irrelevant and not important during the Jordan"golden era" of the NBA during the 90's like you claim
laugh.gif

Need proof here ya go:

lakers had a 99% return on their season ticket holders, and the wait list is about 4 years to get to sit in the last row in the 300s.. thats sounds pretty damn loyal to me..

do you know how much money you can make off selling laker tickets? id make a bet that half of the season ticket holders dont even attend the majority of the games

Not true...

Right now at least. The economy is horrible. Not everybody can drop money on tickets and most people are selling for face value. Certian games you can makemoney on but not all of them.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

pistons belong on there, we've sold out every game for the last 4 years.

Because y'all consistent had winning season for the past 4 years. After your bad boy Piston, I don't remember many Piston fans in the 90's. Most ofthem were Grant Hill fans.

The Thief schoolin GP
pimp.gif
Every time i heard Magic announcing a Lakergame back then, i always wished that he was on the court
tired.gif

Yeah, the 90s Bulls bandwagon was bad
laugh.gif
I remember watching Lakers vsBulls games in the forum, and 30% of the Forum would be Bulls fans.. Much more in the Sports Arena against the Clippers... felt like a Bulls home game
laugh.gif

Lakers bandwagon would be more understandable in LA (with all the flags during the championship run) ... because... Lakers are the HOME team. You guyssaying that alot of fans only like the Lakers because of Kobe.... its the same thing back in the 90s, fans (outside Chicago) liked the Bulls because of MJ.

And yeah, I won't deny the bandwagon Laker fans
sick.gif
When the Bullsbeat the Lakers during the finals (then Magic retired) we found out who were the bandwagon fans... a lot of bandwagon Laker fans jumped ship to the Bullsbandwagon then because they refused to cheer for a team ran by Sedale Threatt
eyes.gif

Oh, btw, as a kid... i was such a die hard Laker fan... i bought 10 Anthony Peeler rookie cards thinking he'd be the next Laker superstar
laugh.gif
$5-$10 per card
sick.gif
And when Kobe became a rookie, i thought he'd be another Peeler.. so ididnt' buy any of his rookie cards
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by caLiwestcoast1

Originally Posted by lawdog1

QFT. Back in the mid-1990s, when it was the Vlade-Van Excel-EJ-Ceballos-Elden Campbell Lakers, there was nowhere near as many Laker fans as there is now. I have no doubt it will be the same way again once the Kobe era ends, if the team has some down years.
theres gonna be bandwagons no matter what...i just hate the stereotype that ALL Laker fans are bandwagons...as ive been a Laker since the anthony peeLer and doug christie days...but the thing with the Lakers is that theyve been very consistant in winning, you gotta give them that i mean in their history theyve onLy missed the postseason 3 times
eek.gif
...with consistant winning comes consistant bandwagoners...i mean you say there is nowhere near as many Laker fans as there is now, what about the chicago MJ era?!...every-freakin'-body was on the chicago's jockstrap...BULLS THIS BULLS THAT!...now where are they?...not much chicago fans anymore...so aLso you gotta separate the Lakers fans to the kobe fans...there are A LOT of kobe fans who arent Laker fans but they are fans of the Lakers because of kobe...
Here in Los Angeles, those car flags disappeared with the quickness after Shaq was gone, just to reappear last post season. Los Angeles is the biggest front running city when it comes to basketball. I know there are true Lakers fans, however they're outnumbered drastically to the front running fans. You're also correct about the Bulls, seems to only be a handful us now outside of Chicago
laugh.gif

But to be honest that happens in just about every city.

But I do have to correct you on one thing. ANY time the lakers make the playoffs the flags come out. Its been going on since the last championship. The yearthe lakers took PHX to 7 and lost the flags came out. That next year the flags were out and of course last year the flags came out but they did come out x3last year.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

laugh.gif

I'm saying...before the whole Kobe/Shaq thing(2000-2005) i never knew so many Laker fans. I grew and watched the "golden age" aka the MJ era, and let me tell you this. The Lakers were irrelevant, and no one paid no attention to them during the 90's.

Once Phil Jackson came into town and won that 1st championship, everyone became a Laker fan. Plus, a lot of the Laker fans are only Kobe fans. The samething can be said about the MJ fans during the 90's.

If Kobe left the Lakers and played for another team, I wonder how many Laker fans would still be around.

And, Kings fans are VERY loyal. The list IS based off of attendance, and there are always seats being filled in ARCO. This has been the case since the Mitch Richmond era. I never knew Clipper fans were so loyal though.
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

Sush an ignorant post. But I'm not surprised considering it's coming from a Jordan lover.

laugh.gif

Oh yeah for your info, since you claim the Lakers were irrelevant during the 90's after showtime had ended, when Magic Johnson, Pat Riley, Kareem were all gone.

Guess what NBC was still showing regular season Laker games on the weekend during national TV prime time when we had guys like Sedale Threatt were starting & playing for the Lakers. But yeah I guess they were only showing this game because back then the Supersonics were the team to watch
laugh.gif
. But then again the Lakers were irrelevant and not important during the Jordan "golden era" of the NBA during the 90's like you claim
laugh.gif

Need proof here ya go:
Right....

2v7wi8y.jpg

The worst things I have EVER heard basketball or NBA related have come out of Michael Jordan lovers.

"I only watched basketball and only interested in basketball or the NBA because of Jordan"

"Michael Jordan taught us how to fly"

"After Michael Jordan retired in 98 I stopped watching the NBA and basketball"

"I'm now a Wizard fan because Jordan cameback again for the 3rd time"

Jordan bandwagon fans (91-98) were 10 times worse than the bandwagon Kobe only fans today.

Kidskillz858 wrote:

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Oh yeah for your info, since you claim the Lakers were irrelevant during the 90's after showtime had ended, when Magic Johnson, Pat Riley, Kareem were all gone.

Guess what NBC was still showing regular season Laker games on the weekend during national TV prime time when we had guys like Sedale Threatt were starting & playing for the Lakers. But yeah I guess they were only showing this game because back then the Supersonics were the team to watch
laugh.gif
. But then again the Lakers were irrelevant and not important during the Jordan "golden era" of the NBA during the 90's like you claim
laugh.gif

Need proof here ya go:

I think that game is from 1993-94, if that's the case then the�Sonics had the best record in the NBA, they were the team to watch.� Evenif it was 1992-93, they still were a 50+ win team so they were good and entertaining.��Both of those years subsequently were sub 40 win seasons forthe�lakers.� I don't really understand what you were trying to�say by�showing that video.��80's�basketball wasn't that interesting to me,especially�the lakers.� I hated how magic johnson only dribbled, shot, passed, and did everything but scratch his $$# with his right hand. I enjoyed watchingone teams and three players during the 80's; the warriors,�MJ, and Clyde the Glyde. 90's Bball is extremely missed...

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Need proof here ya go:
Right....

2v7wi8y.jpg
Right what? What's your point here?

You made the claim that the Lakers were irrelevant during the 90's during Jordan's golden era. Just because you pulled up the Lakers records and seasonresults during the 90's makes them irrelevant?

Guess what the NBA & NBC were still scheduling and putting the Lakers on prime time national TV when we had no superstar's playing for the Lakers. Butthen again the Lakers were irrelvant during this time the Jordan "Golden era" like you claim
laugh.gif
roll.gif

That's the point your missing.

Originally Posted by tupac003

do you know how much money you can make off selling laker tickets? id make a bet that half of the season ticket holders dont even attend the majority of the games

Not true...

Right now at least. The economy is horrible. Not everybody can drop money on tickets and most people are selling for face value. Certian games you can make money on but not all of them.
point being if you didnt give a +!%# about the lakers you could sell every game this season and make a bunch of money. so why would anyone give uptheir seats? especially knowing how much money playoff tickets will go for

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Need proof here ya go:
Right....

2v7wi8y.jpg

You made the claim that the Lakers were irrelevant during the 90's during Jordan's golden era. Just because you pulled up the Lakers records and season results during the 90's makes them irrelevant?

Guess what the NBA & NBC were still scheduling and putting the Lakers on prime time national TV when we had no superstar's playing for the Lakers. But then again the Lakers were irrelvant during this time the Jordan "Golden era" like you claim
laugh.gif
roll.gif

dude, they were irrelevant. because they were shown on a few sundays against better teams (like those sonics) doesnt take away from the fact that they were notgood and never seriously contended for a title

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Need proof here ya go:
Right....

2v7wi8y.jpg

You made the claim that the Lakers were irrelevant during the 90's during Jordan's golden era. Just because you pulled up the Lakers records and season results during the 90's makes them irrelevant?

Guess what the NBA & NBC were still scheduling and putting the Lakers on prime time national TV when we had no superstar's playing for the Lakers. But then again the Lakers were irrelvant during this time the Jordan "Golden era" like you claim
laugh.gif
roll.gif

dude, they were irrelevant. because they were shown on a few sundays against better teams (like those sonics) doesnt take away from the fact that they were not good and never seriously contended for a title
I see what he's saying saying that the Lakers were irrevelant standing wise because theye lost in the 1st, 2nd round, or didn't make theplayoff during the early 90's. But dude is trying to play it like we were the Clippers and that the NBA or NBC didnt care about the Lakers and that theLakers were never beeing watched on TV or at the the Forum.

^^that's what I'm saying. The Laker following in the 90's is no where close to the following they have now. Why? Because they have Kobe.

So, by that argument, the Bulls were shown on prime time national TV about 7 times last year, and they were one of the worst teams in the league. What doesshowing me a video prove? NBC decided to torment NBA fans by showing the Sonics play a really bad Laker team? What else was going on that weekend day? Someonetried to bowl a 300???
laugh.gif

You sir need to relax.....90's basketball > 80's basketball.

But 80's basketball is appreciated.

i'm trying to read everyone's arguements but i got lost somewhere
laugh.gif
We arguing about bandwagon fans or which decade of basketball is better?

I think that game is from 1993-94, if that's the case then the�Sonics had the best record in the NBA, they were the team to watch.� Even if it was 1992-93, they still were a 50+ win team so they were good and entertaining.��Both of those years subsequently were sub 40 win seasons for the�lakers.� I don't really understand what you were trying to�say by�showing that video.��80's�basketball wasn't that interesting to me, especially�the lakers.� I hated how magic johnson only dribbled, shot, passed, and did everything but scratch his $$# with his right hand. I enjoyed watching one teams and three players during the 80's; the warriors,�MJ, and Clyde the Glyde. 90's Bball is extremely missed...
When were you born?

You have got to be joking if you think 80's basketball wasn't great.

So jordan in the playoffs in the 80's wasn't great? Dominique wilkins vs bird was worthless right? The bad boys were nothing special?

80's basketball not interesting?
t1_chandler_si.jpg

You fail like Kwame.....

The worst things I have EVER heard basketball or NBA related have come out of Michael Jordan lovers.

"I only watched basketball and only interested in basketball or the NBA because of Jordan"

Jordan bandwagon fans (91-98) were 10 times worse than the bandwagon Kobe only fans today.
You are the perfect example of why I hate 99.9% of Lakers fans
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Kidskillz858 wrote:

You are the perfect example of why I hate 99.9% of Lakers fans
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
the jordan statments are pretty bad....

Players like Jordan, Magic, Shaq, Kobe ect get people watching the NBA. There is nothing wrong with that. Those people are casual fans.

Kid me and you are pretty die hard laker fans. Who cares what these people say. You root for the lakers and always will. LA is the glitz and glamor town. It isa fact that once kobe retires if we don't still have a championship calibor team the fan base will decrease by at least 25%. But who cares. You just keeprooting for the lakers... I know I will.

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

You sir need to relax.....90's basketball > 80's basketball.
I'd say the NBA peaked from around '87-'93 or so.

Around the time MJ came into the league. I know i sound like a Jordon D rider right now, but the facts are facts. Jordan made the NBA interestingto watch. Plain and simple. My father put me onto basketball as a little boy (around the 80's), but it was MJ who kept me watching. I grew up as a BIGKnicks fans, but I rooted for MJ. He was my fav and will always be my favorite player of all time.

You may not want to admit this, but MJ made a lot of "causual" fans. Once he left, he took them with him
laugh.gif

Bullsrepeat3peat...lemme ask you something. Would you say Knick fans are the more knowledge fans regarding basketball in the league??? I don't mean EVERYsingle fan, but for the most part.

Originally Posted by JBnSOUL

caLiwestcoast1 wrote:

laugh.gif

you **** punk not every Laker fan is a bandwagon
eyes.gif
Your signature doesn't help your cause...

uhhm?...whats your point?...okay?...Lakers good team...niners 2 wins...dodgers havent won a chip since '88...uhhm the a's havent won since '89...sowhats your point?...if my teams were the spurs, the pats, the red sox and the phiLLies then i'd see where you're getting at...so whats your point?

Would you say Knick fans are the more knowledge fans regarding basketball in the league??? I don't mean EVERY single fan, but for the most part.

The NT ones are. A lot of the longtime fans in NYC are legit too. Some of them might be biased but they know what they're talking about.It's mostly the casual fans that don't know much.

Around the time MJ came into the league.
not only that but there were so many greats in their primes during those years. Hell the '88 Bulls are still my all time favorite team.

You may not want to admit this, but MJ made a lot of "causual" fans. Once he left, he took them with him
laugh.gif

I'm sure he regrets this now to some extent, but David Stern basically made it a one man league when it came to advertising. He saw the cashcow in Jordan and took advantage of it. The worst Bulls bandwagon I saw was definitely during the '96 playoffs. The Penny/Shaq fans were talking so much@#+* up to the Conference Finals saying we'd lose to them again & so on.... Fools instantly ditched the Magic bandwagon for ours right after the Game 1@%* whipping
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom