Forbes: The 20 Wealthiest Black Americans

I just Paused officer no h.omo on twitter
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Why did we compile this list? Readers and some leaders in the African-American community asked us to. Following the publication of the Forbes 400 list of the richest Americans in September, we received scores of letters from various minority leaders lamenting that their communities were not included.

Like our signature rich lists, The World's Billionaires and Forbes 400, the Wealthiest Black Americans list is a compilation of net worth--not income.

Our estimates are purposely conservative and should be considered "at least" figures. While we try to value everything from individuals' stakes in publicly traded and privately held companies to real estate holdings and investments in art, yachts and planes, we do not pretend to have access to list members' tax returns and bank accounts.

Sorry for quoting myself, but I don't think some of you read the article...

13)

[h1]Herman J. Russell[/h1]
Net worth: $200 million

Source of wealth: Construction, real estate

Residence: Atlanta

Real estate and construction tycoon learned the building business at an early age; father was a plastering contractor on construction projects. Herman bought a vacant Atlanta lot at age 16; built first property, a duplex. Founded contractor H.J. Russell Plastering Co. in 1953; later renamed H.J. Russell & Co. Helped build Georgia Dome and Turner Field. Annual sales approach $300 million. Family business: son Michael is chief executive, son Jerome is president. Also owns Concessions International; outfit provides food and beverage services to airports. Daughter Donata Russell-Major is vice chair. Largest owner of HUD-related properties in Georgia. Once owned stakes in pro basketball's Atlanta Hawks and hockey's Atlanta Flames. Now retired from day-to-day management; focused on philanthropy.

crazy, thats my homey's grandfather.

Why did we compile this list? Readers and some leaders in the African-American community asked us to. Following the publication of the Forbes 400 list of the richest Americans in September, we received scores of letters from various minority leaders lamenting that their communities were not included.

Like our signature rich lists, The World's Billionaires and Forbes 400, the Wealthiest Black Americans list is a compilation of net worth--not income.

Our estimates are purposely conservative and should be considered "at least" figures. While we try to value everything from individuals' stakes in publicly traded and privately held companies to real estate holdings and investments in art, yachts and planes, we do not pretend to have access to list members' tax returns and bank accounts.

Sorry for quoting myself, but I don't think some of you read the article...

some of yall need to read

I'm pretty sure there are wealthier colored folks out there who don't flaunt their wealth and don't want people knowing their net worth...

Back
Top Bottom