Ford Mustang - 2021 Mach-E - ElectriC Mustang SUV

smokin.gif

For reference, here's the Ford Evos, which looks pretty similar to the 2015 Mustang.
23k5na.jpg

vosztu.jpg

J. Mays is taking the design of Fords in a very good direction. Mustang looks amazing, not the only car I'm anticipating from Ford, I think the 2013 Mondeo also looks great. There is a slight resemblance of Aston's, but I think it's just different enough and Aston Martin does design some of the best looking vehicles on the market....

2l8x8ig.jpg

Originally Posted by nocomment6

J. Mays is taking the design of Fords in a very good direction. Mustang looks amazing, not the only car I'm anticipating from Ford, I think the 2013 Mondeo also looks great. There is a slight resemblance of Aston's, but I think it's just different enough and Aston Martin does design some of the best looking vehicles on the market....

2l8x8ig.jpg

It's the Fusion in the US.
11w6iro.jpg

14c7l9d.jpg

Noooo...nothing about that screams American muscle pass
frown.gif

Looks like in 2015 I'll be a Chevy man.

RFX, I know you're a big fan of Aston Martin, how do you feel about this possible design? Literally a poor mans AM imo. Looks good, but ionno....

roll.gif
 Poor mans AM.  WHO CARES.  Seriously, who here IS driving an AM, lambo or any of that?.  Seriously, NT's standards are high but reality seems to always fade away.  All the new models are adding LEDs, rounder bodies and more exterior changes and different routes with engines.  It's all about "which one looks da bess"  In cars, looks do matter.    I always liked the older mustangs, didn't like the new mustangs and wont ever buy one regardless.  It's all preference.

-UNDFT-

That white four door up there is killing them.

And a 4 cylinder turbo? Owwwww
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

RFX, I know you're a big fan of Aston Martin, how do you feel about this possible design? Literally a poor mans AM imo. Looks good, but ionno....

I'm a bit conflicted to be honest. The car looks good but it just trying to bite the Aston look does irk me a bit. On the other hand, I will own none of these cars so at the end of the day it shouldn't matter but I still kind of hate it. I mean I was at the L AutoShow and I passed by the Ford section and I heard someone say, "there's a new Aston sedan?". The Fusion is actually fooling some people to thinking it is an Aston Martin and the new Mustang being an actual sports car that is more sleek, it'll just be even worse, which is kind of sad. I don't know, I guess it's like people wearing fake Jordans and getting compliments on it, it's become a pet peeve of mine and I have a feeling this one will be another in the future. 

I feel the exact same, that story is funny also, because I heard the same at the NYC auto show. Srs.

I do see that a lot of people will be upset, because it did loose a lot of it's elements that shouted this is an American car. For the best or the worst, everyone should decide for themselves. Personally I think for the better, don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater, but european sports cars look much better all in all then US (except for the Viper) in my opinion. Aston, Lambo, Pinninfarina, Bertoni etc. have a different and I think better approach, with all do respect I still think style is lead by Europe and this means fashion, cars, art, design, watches etc.

Another important aspect is that Ford is the parent company of Aston (in addition as was Jaguar until '08 and personally I do see certain resemblance especially between the Mondeo/Fusion and the XF and XJ), so why wouldn't it interpret AM's biggest asset into it's own vehicles. I mean Aston's aren't bad sports cars, but when compared to the other "heavy hitters" they're heavy, slow, weak and overpriced, but they're gorgeous. I think it's a smart move by Ford.

The situation is similar to when Mercedes designed the Maybach, which was heavily influenced by the S class W220 and vice versa the Maybach inspired a lot of the W221. Or same goes for Audi and VW they've been both taking a more geometric approach, although the similarity is not as visible in that case.
Although I do agree with it being mistaken, which can be a con. But let's be honest, it will sell and at the end of the day thats all that the corporate world cares about. There are probably much more fake LV bags and Rolex's worn, then real ones, because thats whats considered good and thats the example that has been set. Most people only care about the looks and not the true meaning. But it may go out of style by the next generation, because if it does happen, then it may have a negative affect on AM's prestige, which they probably don't want to loose....

Another important aspect is that Ford is the parent company of Aston
Nope, not anymore. Ford sold Aston a few years back. 

Originally Posted by RFX45

Another important aspect is that Ford is the parent company of Aston
Nope, not anymore. Ford sold Aston a few years back. 

You're right, they only have a 12% percent share...I'm shocked....hmmmm
BTW does Aston produce and develop it's own engines, suspension, floor pan's etc. independently? 

Although I do agree with it being mistaken, which can be a con. But let's be honest, it will sell and at the end of the day thats all that the corporate world cares about. There are probably much more fake LV bags and Rolex's worn, then real ones, because thats whats considered good and thats the example that has been set. Most people only care about the looks and not the true meaning. But it may go out of style by the next generation, because if it does happen, then it may have a negative affect on AM's prestige, which they probably don't want to loose....

le that has been set. Most people only care about the looks and not the true meaning. But it may go out of style by the next generation, because if it does happen, then it may have a negative affect on AM's prestige, which they probably don't want to loose....

Back
Top Bottom