Forget those Crown Vic headlights, new Cop cars unveiled

laugh.gif
I can recognize Crown Vic headlights anywhere, this will take some getting used to. Not until late 2011 though.

At a private fleet sales event in Las Vegas today, Ford finally tookthe wraps off a new generation Police Interceptor model based on the 2010 Taurus.
The base model gets the 3.5-liter V6 found in other Tauruses with over263 horsepower and 250+ lb-ft of torque. This naturally aspirated3.5-liter engine is flex-fuel capable and gets 25-percent better fuelefficiency than the 4.6-liter V8 in the Crown Vic. The base models areavailable with either front- or all-wheel-drive. The top end pursuitversion of the new Police Interceptor gets the full SHO powertrainincluding its 365-hp twin-turbo EcoBoost 3.5-liter V6 andall-wheel-drive as standard.

5obdiq.jpg

Oh boy.

Source: Autoblog

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, they tryna supe up so they don't get dusted.
laugh.gif
However, after drivin thru VA, I've learned that the basic Impala unmarked or even the hoopty SUV works for them dere polices

Kinda hot. But them changin from crown vics will cut into my occasional speeding

I'm moving to Japan.

If you can do better than 180K they can't catch you, so they don't even try.

Word to Tokyo Drift.

i thought it'd be the new sti's that some dude got pulled over before here

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

I'm moving to Japan.

If you can do better than 180K they can't catch you, so they don't even try.

Word to Tokyo Drift.

just a movie bro.

New cop cars look good...i think they wanted a car more appealing to the younger crowd.

i drove a ford taurus (rental) recently and man it was a nice and powerful car. not what i expected when i seen taurus on the  keys.

Back
Top Bottom