laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Self education FTW.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by hollow2g

Which one do you thing is better? Why?
Whichever one you don't.
Damn, deaded on the first reply.

To answer the question seriously, it depends on the person. To give an example: William Mulholland taught himself the subject of engineering by readingbooks. As the outcome he's built dams that are vital to Southern California.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Self education FTW.
what difference does it make how you are educated...

Education is education

neither one is better than the other

i think both are equally important...i would never teach myself anything about science or even attempt to do so with English...but i do like to hear aboutsomethings and then go read up on them myself...ex. from the Upperclass Black thread i went out and bought the book OP posted and i enjoy it already andi'm only on the second chapter making a mental note of books referenced in there i would like to read...so things you can learn in class but alot of stuffyou will have to learn on your own if you really want to be thorough in that subject...

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Self education FTW.
what difference does it make how you are educated...

Education is education

neither one is better than the other

So if I educate you to the point where you think the sky is green. And you walk around wrong as +#!%, that wouldn't make a difference? I had to selfeducate myself about Black History, cause BS in school is
smh.gif

My-T.

Self education on many historical topics is essential because of what many schools fail to teach you in full about certain topics. Also it is good to keepinformed about current situations by doing your own studies as well. By doing so, it'll open your eyes to a whole new understanding of the world aroundyou.

self ed. >> formal ed.

formal education, in this country at least, teaches us nothing but lies from the very beginning.

christopher columbus anyone??
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

self ed. >> formal ed.

formal education, in this country at least, teaches us nothing but lies from the very beginning.

christopher columbus anyone??
smh.gif

I agree. The system BS's you with all this mumbo jumbo about how indians and americans had "thanks giving" and everything was lolly jolly. However, going into some college courses there are some brilliant professors out there that are willing to help you. As said previously in this topic I thinkit's both self and formal. Cause I know for sure i wouldn't be able to teach everything myself, I'd lose my drive and get lazy.
laugh.gif

Mixture of both? I know that in my line of work (software development / programming).. I have to constantly learn and learn new stuff.. but, I also see how myformal education has given me a strong fundamental / base from which I can easily pick up new stuff..

childhood schooling is when the brainwashing begins. that's why the parents have to be on point to teach their children the TRUTH because that is smethingwe will never get from gov't education. the whole [point is to keep us stupid so the elite can continue to dominate with little to no resistance.

they want us to think as a group or whole. the last thing they want is for us to think as individuals.

this is FACT!! google: the DELPHI TECHNIQUE if u want this info broken down for u.

I think formal is good till you get the basics, but after a while it sucks and self education improves your knowledge and skills a lot more.

Shorty what's your impression of the book? I want to begin reading it so badly, but school is keeping me busy, so I'll read it once school ends soon.

Btw, self education ftw

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

Formal back then

Self right now.

this is the truth...

now i just dont understand how some people can claim that self education beats formal education...

Education is a tool that should be used to empower oneself. If you are operating from within a marginalized community, then it is necessary to be formallyeducated in order to work around discriminatory institutions. In addition, it is up to the individual to also educate themselves on perspectives and issuesthat are not covered within the school system.

I've learned way more in the libraries with self-education, than I have in the classroom, even at a top 10 university for my selected area.

Back
Top Bottom