• Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Don't forget Smoking Aces 
pimp.gif

Oh yeah, dude was great in that too :pimp:

So what is all these bad movies you guys referring to?...GL?

Blade trinity was not his

Hell he was even good in that Sandra Bullock movie, so he shows a range from comedy, suspense, action, romcom but somehow he's garbage?...AIGHHHT.

Not a Deadpool fan but based on Reynolds' behavior and all of these off-screen Deadpool shenanigans he should smash that role and leave plenty satisfied :lol:

Last edited:
If the movie is garbage it won't be because of him, dude looks like he was ripped off the comics, acts as if he was ripped from the comics and IMO any actor that loves his character as much as he does Deadpool is bound to crush the role, he's been riding for Deadpool for years now, glad it got green lit....either way I've come to the conclusion that although Fox sucks, MCU has a fanboy following and even their garbage movies (AOU) will get highly praised.

Kinberg on Deadpools timeline.

“It takes place within the X-Men universe and references that universe. It’s not the same time period as our past tense X-Men movies, like First Class, Days of Future Past, and Apocalypse take place in the past and Deadpool takes place in the present, but it acknowledges everything that’s happened in those other movies and the universe, and like you said Colossus is in it and other characters from the X-Men world.”

It will be his fault because he chose to play someone annoying again with that same lame sarcastic humor.

If the movie is garbage it won't be because of him, dude looks like he was ripped off the comics, acts as if he was ripped from the comics and IMO any actor that loves his character as much as he does Deadpool is bound to crush the role, he's been riding for Deadpool for years now, glad it got green lit....either way I've come to the conclusion that although Fox sucks, MCU has a fanboy following and even their garbage movies (AOU) will get highly praised.

It doesnt matter if it is because of him or not. I assume he can read. Read the ******* script.

He's been riding because he knows this is the role that could save his career. Not because of some deep rooted love for the character.

The humor he does in cbm movies just plain sucks. For me he's just way better in rom-coms. I always thought the deadpool character was kinda stupid anyway.

Last edited:
It doesnt matter if it is because of him or not. I assume he can read. Read the ******* script.

He's been riding because he knows this is the role that could save his career. Not because of some deep rooted love for the character.

yall acting like his career was shot in the first place. just because he hasnt made CBM's that you like doesnt mean he's a bad actor or had a shoddy career

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't think he's bad. His movie choices are. Not A list, leading material but there's no reason why he can't have a solid career.

I'm really not getting all of this Ryan Reynolds defending going on right now. Son is a slightly above average actor at best right now that happens to consistently get roles cuz Hollywood needs a straight white male face out there. He's at least proven himself in that sarcastic snarky annoying rom-com caricature. Dude been in the game for like 20 years he's gonna have his detractors as well as fans.

At this point we all know what works and what doesn't. Him being disliked for being annoying is no surprise at all and really I couldn't imagine him playing any kind of serious role or being taken seriously given his track record so it's all par for the course.

Reynolds and Fassbender in a movie together :pimp:
Is this something ppl wanted to see? :lol:

Last edited:
Reynolds is just charismatic and likeable. Its not like were asking him to play in a Shakespeare play on broadway. He just has a good on screen personality .

In my opinion him and Chriss prat are similar in that aspect.
(Ofcourse cheis got in the mcu) but i think if u erase Reynolds past CBM. He couldve done starlord the same way pratt did it and that's all we need

He may say he was always one or actually is one but I think at the least he became a DP fan when he played him in Wolverine Origins. Probably realized DP's gimmick was something that resonated with him and really got in to wanting to do the character justice.

man I just want someone to put up a spoiler heavy review so I can read it, and list exactly what was wrong with the film
I swear him and Colin Farrell just need one decent script :smh:

Colin has
seven psychopaths
In bruges
Minority Report
Pride and Glory

He's also in the upcoming guaranteed blockbuster "Fantastic beasts and where to find them"
That will definitely build him a bigger fanbase based on his character

Ryan Reynolds stayed too long in the "manchild" phase of his career(waiting, just friends, Van Wilder)dude was in "the Change-Up" and "self/less"(pretty good) but those are 2 body switching movies

"Definitely,Maybe" is a good movie but he reminds of a Male Anna Faris(who made the smart move and just went to TV, that's where the real money is anyways)

I'm sure he's gonna knock Deadpool out of the water though, but I was actually rooting for the guy to make that Jonah Hill, Franco or Even Rogen Transition to being able to be taken very seriously as an actor but be able to pull of those immature goofball movies

I am positive I heard him say on an interview (think it was the one with Mario Lopez) that his brothers are deadpool fans. Which implies that he isnt but he knows people who are.

I'm really not getting all of this Ryan Reynolds defending going on right now. Son is a slightly above average actor at best right now that happens to consistently get roles cuz Hollywood needs a straight white male face out there. He's at least proven himself in that sarcastic snarky annoying rom-com caricature. Dude been in the game for like 20 years he's gonna have his detractors as well as fans.

At this point we all know what works and what doesn't. Him being disliked for being annoying is no surprise at all and really I couldn't imagine him playing any kind of serious role or being taken seriously given his track record so it's all par for the course.
Is this something ppl wanted to see? :lol:

Evans and him are pretty much on Par with each other...literally the same exact actor and caliber, I'd probably give the edge to Reynolds because I don't think Evans can rock out a romcom....yet no one hates on Evans, well because he's attached to Cap and MCU....Reynolds is also better than Pratt, definitely has more range than him, but not Pratt is literally on A list caliber because of what?...2 movies...dude was fat and just funny on a sitcom....but once again Starlord/MCU fanboyism....not saying he either Chris was bad, but had Reynolds landed some role in the MCU he would have been praised as well....he's not a bad actor and definitely better than Pratt, Evans and even RDJ...he just had some crappy ***** scripts.

I'll agree Evans Romcomms weren't/haven't been nearly as good as Reynolds.

im thinking mainly of the one with my chriss pratts wife (scary movie... I can't think of her name right now)

Reynolds is just charismatic and likeable. Its not like were asking him to play in a Shakespeare play on broadway. He just has a good on screen personality .

In my opinion him and Chriss prat are similar in that aspect.
(Ofcourse cheis got in the mcu) but i think if u erase Reynolds past CBM. He couldve done starlord the same way pratt did it and that's all we need

Exactly my point and why although I enjoy MCU I'm beyond annoying with the fanboy aspect of it...watching RDJ on screen recently has been cringe worthy at times, Pratt is good but highly overrated, always liked Evans the same way I liked Reynolds and is crazy to me how Evans gets praised but people **** on Reynolds constantly, there are very few difference as far as their careers go prior to Cap....they both made it in Hollywood because of the same attributes, funny, charismatic and physical perfection....dudes look sculpted....if anything Reynolds is better looking, no Seacrest.

I'll agree Evans Romcomms weren't/haven't been nearly as good as Reynolds.

im thinking mainly of the one with my chriss pratts wife (scary movie... I can't think of her name right now)
Ana Faris. Which she starred with Chris Pratt and Chris Evans in a movie together. I forget the name, but my wife always watches it when there isn't anything else on TV.

I like Reynolds...I still enjoy watching The Proposal. lol

Proposal is good. no ddambs given.
Ana that's her name, I love her too. (word to the House Bunny)

Back
Top Bottom