Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Wait Apocalypse comes out at the end of May?

What is FOX thinking? That Civil War wave lasting all month.

I thought this movie was coming out in July or August. They buggin for real. Almost seems like a set up.

I think that is a good spot, 3 weeks after CW because after that it gets very crowded with TMNT2, Star Trek, Finding Dory, ID2, Bourne, Ghostbusters, Tarzan, Suicide Squad, etc... unless of course they want to put it after SS in mid-August but they probably view that as an off-peak summer season?

View media item 1980051

I think that is a good spot, 3 weeks after CW because after that it gets very crowded with TMNT2, Star Trek, Finding Dory, ID2, Bourne, Ghostbusters, Tarzan, Suicide Squad

Outside of Finding Dory, there's not really much on this list that I'm looking forward to

Weak summer list :frown:

Last edited:
If I'm FOX, even though the movie quality isn't anything to brag about, I'd feel confident going against TMNT2, Tarzan, Ghostbusters or SS.

If I was them I'd bully DC/WB the same way Marvel did with CW and BvS. Make them move the SS release date.

DofP did pretty good right #s wise? Only ppl I'd not want to have conflict with box office wise in the cbm game is a Batman movie or the MCU.

I thought this movie was coming out in July or August. They buggin for real. Almost seems like a set up.

I feel like fox ain't been making the money they should have been making off of these xmen films

Like deadpool made more than DOFP..

X1 made 296 and x2 made 407.. X3 459

CW is releasing at the beginning of May

If Apocalypse is at the end of May, It should be fine, unless CW is outdoing A1 and AOU

Just hard to tell how CW will do. AOU I thought was going to out-do A1 easily.

Last edited:

I feel like fox ain't been making the money they should have been making off of these xmen films

You got to look for context on those numbers thopugh, by todays standards they might be low but back then in 2000-2006 (X1-X3), BOs weren't as high it is today. 2years before X1, Blade made $130m worldwide, Blade 2 made $155m in 2002. X1 in 2000 made more combined those two Blade films. In 2003 Daredevil made $180m and Hulk made $245m. 2004 has Punisher ($54m) and Blade 3 ($128m), 2005 had Elektra ($56m) and F4 ($330m). So by 2006, X3s $459m worldwide box office looks gigantic in comparison. The only exception was pretty much the Spiderman films which doubled up XMens BO.

Then CBMs pretty much exploded from there on out with international numbers blowing up with it but after IM1s $585m BO, Cap1 and Thor were no better than X3 ($370m and $449m) and those two are a good 5 years later than X3.

You just can't compare the BO from 10-15 years ago to today's MCU average, it's simply not fair. Adjusted for inflation, X3s $237m domestic haul would get bumped to $311m today.

Last edited:
Spider-Man as a franchise is more financially compelling than X-Men.

X-men got legs though.. Waaay more characters to build a universe around...there's a reason sony had to get in bed wit disney...singular characters isolated from everything aint da move anymore...

That standalone Venom movie is a train wreck waitin to happen if they dont connect him wit spiderman

Since First Class really, right around the time other cbms were getting better from visuals to story quality, the FOX-Men movies have been under performing when you consider their full potential but their want of Singer and aversion to shaking things up has kept them satisfied with that.

The same way Avengers and IM3 did billions had DC/WB rushing to get their cinematic shared universe going, FOX should've got down to brass tacks and really give Marvel fans the X-Men and Fantastic Four movie universe they deserve but nope we got more pussyfooting around about them possibly crossing over and then a **** movie and then an underwhelming one.

There's no reason the X-Men can't be a billion dollar movie franchise other than picking the wrong writers and directors to do these movies.

Spider-Man as a franchise is more financially compelling than X-Men.

X-men got legs though.. Waaay more characters to build a universe around...there's a reason sony had to get in bed wit disney...singular characters isolated from everything aint da move anymore...

That standalone Venom movie is a train wreck waitin to happen if they dont connect him wit spiderman
Not to mention the movies were made coming off a decade where the X-Men were at their most popular.

The first Spider-Man movie came out in between X1-X3 and completely outdid it by far.

Last edited:
Both Amazing Spiderman did numbers (700 +) and Sony didn't just sit on their hands letting 500 days of summer dude make lackluster movies..

They made moves

If I was given the choice of any marvel entity in the mid 90s when they were selling off properties, xmen would have been my 1st choice.. Especially since doom went with f4 and kingpin goes with daredevil

What you could be able to do with the vast array of characters and subject matters.. Then the heavy followings you have for certain characters.. Jus the options

Xmen movies should be easily as big of events as avengers movies.. Easily

Last edited:
Eh, actually if the hack didn't happen, Sony probably wouldn't have made those moves (or it might have taken another Spidey film). They were stil set on making the Sinister 6 and Venom films and even an Aunt May solo film.

Last edited:
:rofl: Were they really serious about that Aunt May film? Didn't we only learn about that cuz of the hacks? or was that rumored before it?

I can agree they probably do no deal with Marvel due to certain things but honestly that's a franchise too that should've done a billi at some point on it's own no MCU needed but they only got it half right for the ASM movies.

SONY seems still hell bent on the Venom movie at the least.

I don't understand, y'all say X-Men movies aren't that bad, but yet down play Thor and Antman being bad movies in the marvel universe.

I think it was reported before the hack, they were also planning some all Spider Women movie too, they really wanted to open up that universe.

I don't understand, y'all say X-Men movies aren't that bad, but yet down play Thor and Antman being bad movies in the marvel universe.

I think you might have to sift through on who posts what though, it might be the same dudes who also hates XMen film (those who likes them seems like in the minority?) but in the end it can be pretty subjective, many feel MCU has become a bit formulaic so their film has become mediocre in comparison to their other great films (A1, Cap2, IM1) but then they probably saw BvS and then go, "wait, those aren't bad afterall". :lol:

Last edited:
Thor is on tv right now. Not a bad watch. antman though, I didn't enjoy it. If Evangline Lily bae was flourishing already then maybe I would've liked it.

to me most MCU films are pretty fun to watch, like even IM3 might have been ok had they not pushed it with butchering Mandarin but that was just the straw that broke the camel back

it has to have that kind of bad reveal or just be extra boring like Ang Lees Hulk for me to really dislike them, I just put Cap1 and Thor1 and AntMan on the lower tier of MCU films but I wouldn't really call them terrible if they are above Hulk and IM2/IM3

but that's me

I liked Ant-Man. Given it's Ant-Man we're talking about the movie was actually pretty good. I mean after Avengers I'd probably tell you making an Ant-Man movie isn't a good idea. Feige proved me wrong. Movie made me look forward to the sequel.

Thor sucked, Captain America: The First Avenger sucked, Thor 2 still sucked, IM2 was really bad. You just gotta be active in the MCU thread at the right time for that talk.

Nobody fronts like everything Marvel MCU has done has been great. They just haven't been ******* awful.

Also I think so far there's one guy saying none of the X-Men movies were that bad. Just to mess with things recently, First Class was a disappointment and DofP was just as much of an underwhelming as the ASM movies.

Last edited:
I liked Ant-Man. Given it's Ant-Man we're talking about the movie was actually pretty good. I mean after Avengers I'd probably tell you making an Ant-Man movie isn't a good idea. Feige proved me wrong.

Thor sucked, Captain America: The First Avenger Best Movie to hit the MCU because he's a true American hero, Thor 2 still sucked, IM2 was really bad. You just gotta be active in the MCU thread at the right time for that talk.

Nobody fronts like everything Marvel MCU has done has been great. They just haven't been ******* awful.

Also I think so far there's one guy saying none of the X-Men movies were that bad. Just to mess with things recently, First Class was a disappointment and DofP was just as much of an underwhelming as the ASM movies.
fixed...

You think im not out chea monitoring who talking greasy about Cap.

where E everysingletime

Back
Top Bottom