Francis Magalona succumbs to cancer

Gary V with a pair of Jordan XVIIIs. Photo courtesy of Chuvaness.com
3332994707_b5a142e178.jpg

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

i was editing this when i erased what i said, i will try to remember what i said. watching this video for the first time mad me shed some tears. iactually found out about his passing away at work this morning. i basically pretended to work the whole time while i was reading his blogs and the shock thatthe master rapper have passed away. so much stuff running through my head right now, all i could think of was way way back in 1st grade or 2nd grade whenfrancis m made a big impact on me as well as everybody probably during that time. it was his hit album yo with the "astig" album cover of him in ahip hop gear one side and the other side in a suit. and who could ever forget the peace sign necklace francis wore, all kids had to have that and i for oneremember having an extra one just in case i misplaced or break my other one. this album produced many hits like gotta let cha know, cold summer nights and theworld famous mga kababayan. the master rapper as they call him was not only a king of rap but showed how talented he is by crossing over to pinoy rock with hisalbum freeman that produced hits like mahiwagang kamote and of course�� kaleidoscope world. aside from this we all remember his hits such as man from manila,mga praning, tayo'y mga pinoy and cold summer nights to name a few. not only is this guy passionate about his craft but also his pride of being a filipino,always representing the country in the best possible way he can may it be through his music or his other endeavors like his clothing line which is all aboutrepresenting the country. to the master rapper may your soul rest in peace and we will never forget! your legacy will live on forever!

Great man, great patriot, makabayan, truly a person with a FREE MIND...his HAPPY BATTLE may have ended but his legacy will forever be remebered... idol, RIP

Originally Posted by onedollarballah23

brought tears to my eyes!!
you're not the only one brother, i had goosebumps watching the video as well, what a great tribute, never thought i'd see tito, vic andjoey get so emotional, specially bossing, he had to compose himself while singing and after. tama si bossing, maraming salamat sa lahat ng kapuso, at maramingsalamat sa lahat ng kapamilya, para kay franicis magalaona, iisa lang ang tawag sa atin, tayo ay filipino!

Originally Posted by gijace

was teary eyed when I watched Gloc9 sang his verse on their tribute..
frown.gif

he still managed to keep his composure though, very heartfelt performance by gloc and the rest of the dabarkads

at first i thought it was another hoax...i was saddened it is real this time. rest in peace kiko! you're in a better place now, no more pain and suffering.i'll be singing kaleidoscope world when i drop off my little one to school tomorrow.

Francis Magalona to receive presidential medal of merit

Francis Magalona, the Philippines' King of Rap, is set to receive the posthumous presidential medal of merit for promoting nationalism through his songs,said Malacañang.

Press Secretary Cerge Remonde said many of Magalona's most famous hits instill love of country among the youth. Some of his hit songs are "MgaKababayan", "Man from Manila", "Ito Ang Gusto Ko", "Three Stars and a Sun" and "Kaleidoscope World."

"The medal recognizes the nationalism and love of country that is there in all his performances," Remonde told the press.

He said Dangerous Drugs Board Chairman Vicente "Tito" Sotto III will facilitate the awarding of the medal to Magalona.

The rapper, succumbed to leukemia past noon Friday after battling cancer for nearly eight months. He left behind his wife Pia Arroyo and their eightchildren--Unna, Nicolo, Francis Jr., Isabella, Elmo, Arkin, Clara, and actress Maxene Magalona.

from buzzexpress.blogspot.com

Originally Posted by calsfinest22

Francis Magalona to receive presidential medal of merit

Francis Magalona, the Philippines' King of Rap, is set to receive the posthumous presidential medal of merit for promoting nationalism through his songs, said Malacañang.

Press Secretary Cerge Remonde said many of Magalona's most famous hits instill love of country among the youth. Some of his hit songs are "Mga Kababayan", "Man from Manila", "Ito Ang Gusto Ko", "Three Stars and a Sun" and "Kaleidoscope World."

"The medal recognizes the nationalism and love of country that is there in all his performances," Remonde told the press.

He said Dangerous Drugs Board Chairman Vicente "Tito" Sotto III will facilitate the awarding of the medal to Magalona.

The rapper, succumbed to leukemia past noon Friday after battling cancer for nearly eight months. He left behind his wife Pia Arroyo and their eight children--Unna, Nicolo, Francis Jr., Isabella, Elmo, Arkin, Clara, and actress Maxene Magalona.

from buzzexpress.blogspot.com

Cool... Francis M. is a National Artist in my book.
smokin.gif

sana not just for music... kung di sa kanya you wont see anybody wearing shirts with 3 stars and a sun siguro... laking inspiration nya not only through hismusic...

go to broadway centrum now they will released the "ONE LOVE" i think this afternoon as i heard to the manger yesterday the line was so very long iwas there yesterday cop some shirt.

Back
Top Bottom