Frank Sinatra Biopic Starring...

Leonardo Dicaprio

It's about as official as it can be: According to Roger Friedman's Showbiz411blog (and other Internet sources) there will be, at long last, a majormotion picture on the life of Frank Sinatra: Martin Scorsese willdirect and Leonardo DiCaprio will star. Since Mr. Scorsese has thecooperation of the late singer's family (they have been discussing sucha project for at least 15 years), he will, thankfully, be able to useSinatra's classic recordings. The major question is, how believablewill that legendary voice be when it is seen coming out of the face ofMr. DiCaprio? The central disappointment with the 1992 TV miniseries"Sinatra" was that it was impossible to suspend one's disbelief:Leading man Philip Casnoff never seemed like anything other than alip-syncing TV actor in a tuxedo. How are Messrs. Scorsese and DiCapriogoing to do better? Is the obvious fact that Mr. DiCaprio is an icon inhis own right going to help them or hurt them?
http://online.wsj.com/art...Opinion_TOPRightCarousel
nerd.gif

Wow DiCaprio and Scorcese gonna work together finally? NICE.

If only DeNiro could sign on.

But seriously, Leo could pull it off.

Originally Posted by WhIpwReCkEr

I don't see their styles blending.

Maybe this can get Scorcese/DiCaprio to surpass Scorcese/Deniro
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by M1dnightMobster

Am I missing something? What about Shutter Island?

Exactly, they already have 2 movies together, Shutter Island and The Departed.

Originally Posted by RottenPieces

and The Aviator
And Gangs of New York

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

and The Aviator
And Gangs of New York
I didn't know about those two, and I haven't seen The Aviator, but the other 3 are 
pimp.gif
. DiCaprio and Scorcese are good together.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

and The Aviator
And Gangs of New York
Thank you for correcting everyone
laugh.gif
  I kept opening a new tab to quote each person, but someone came in with knowledge.

I was hoping Leo would get this role, I completely trust Scorcese to do a terrific job with Sinatra.

Let's disregard the fail that was not knowing the two have worked together already, and appreciate that this is happening.

Sinatra is a G, truly the Chairman of the Board. If anyone was going to make a film about his life, it's Scorsese. I see Leo, makeup and all, pulling off the role.

I can't wait for this. Growing up listening to my dad play Sinatra all the time around the house and in car rides, I learned to like his music. Did I mention he was a G?

Originally Posted by bkmac

Let's disregard the fail that was not knowing the two have worked together already, and appreciate that this is happening.

Sinatra is a G, truly the Chairman of the Board. If anyone was going to make a film about his life, it's Scorsese. I see Leo, makeup and all, pulling off the role.

I can't wait for this. Growing up listening to my dad play Sinatra all the time around the house and in car rides, I learned to like his music. Did I mention he was a G?
Agreed on everything.

And in related movie news, I don't feel like making another thread..

http://www.deadline.com/2...-star-in-new-rfk-biopic/
[h2]Matt Damon To Star In New RFK Biopic[/h2]
MattDamon2010-247x300.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: In this tough marketplace, if you want to make another movie about a complex historical figure like Robert F Kennedy, you'd better bring to the table an actor with chops and bankability to excite a financier. Matt Damon does both those things. I've just heard that a deal closed at New Regency for an RFK film that has Damon attached, with Gary Ross directing and Steven Knight scripting. Damon will wait to see the script before we know whether or not the project will really happen. The film will be based on the Evan Thomas biography His Life, which Landscape Entertainment’s Bob Cooper optioned and will produce with Ross and his Larger Than Life partner Alison Thomas.

rfk-228x300.jpg
While Damon just played South African rugby star Francois Pienaar in Invictus, he has never played a real figure like Kennedy. The film will trace RFK's transformation from the younger brother in the shadow brother President John F Kennedy to a strong national leader in his own right before he was gunned down in 1968. His assassination at the Ambassador Hotel was the backdrop for Emilio Estevez’s Bobby, and Chris Columbus and his 1492 partners are developing The Last Campaign on RFK's presidential run. Ross, too, has long been fascinated with Kennedy and once optioned the Thomas book himself.

Knight, the Eastern Promises writer, just got hired by Columbia Pictures to adapt the Dan Brown novel The Lost Symbol. That came thanks to his work for the studio on Pawn Sacrifice, a drama about Bobby Fischer's unlikely victory over Russian chess champ Boris Spassky. Tobey Maguire is producing and eyeing the Fischer role. Cooper, Ross, and Thomas were already collaborating on another U.S. history project, the Jack Greenberg-Thurgood Marshall story Crusaders, which they’ve set at HBO with Danny Strong writing the script.

I'm very interested in this as well, I was just thinking about how there needs to be an RFK movie.

Back
Top Bottom