Franklins, Benjamins, Reagans?

"whenever they make them, i shall have"
Just peeped this on the news...
North Carolina Congressman Patrick McHenry wants to put the late President Ronald Reagan on the 50 dollar bill.
He has introduced legislation which would redesign the 50 dollar bill to replace President Ulysses Grant with Reagan.
McHenry says every generation needs heroes and it is time to honor President Reagan by placing him beside Presidents Roosevelt and Kennedy.
He goes on to say Reagan transformed our nation's political and economic thinking.
In polls of presidential scholars, Reagan consistently outranks President Grant.
In 2005, "The Wall Street Journal" conducted a popular opinion poll which ranked President Reagan 6th and President Grant 29th.
alg_reagan.jpg

Should they just introduce a new bill instead of bumping Grant?
If a new bill were introduced, what denomination do you think it should be and who should be on it?

might as well make a new denomination, $50 bills have been least common in my money handling experiences anyway.

the only staples are:
George; I mean he was first so it's only right
Abe
pimp.gif

And of COURSE Ben
pimp.gif
I can't even fathom someone saying, "it's all about the Fimores, baby".
all the rest are fair game.

Looks generic to me but hey as long as it still spends the same I don't care if a rooster was put on it

...But Jackson made presidency in America what it is today. although he killed the
censoredua3.gif
outta some Native Americans....

I wonder if President Obama will ever be on a bill, if for nothing other than being the first black president.

I'm fine with bumping Grant

I can't think of a new denomination that would make a lot of sense anyway.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

I wonder if President Obama will ever be on a bill, if for nothing other than being the first black president.
MLK JR would probably make it on a bill before Obama will. You can't just throw Obama on a bill just cause he is the first black president, he has to actually be seen as a GREAT president for that that to happen. He has to be seen as a president who actually transformed this country in some way.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by J23S

Looks generic to me but hey as long as it still spends the same I don't care if a rooster was put on it
that is what they are proposing

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

MLK JR would probably make it on a bill before Obama will. You can't just throw Obama on a bill just cause he is the first black president, he has to actually be seen as a GREAT president for that that to happen. He has to be seen as a president who actually transformed this country in some way.

-The Juice
I see your point, but the fact that somebody is actually considering a horrible president like Reagan means anything can happen.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

...But Jackson made presidency in America what it is today. although he killed the
censoredua3.gif
outta some Native Americans....

Heard this before. Dude was serious.
Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

White people love Ronald Reagan. Good move.
I'm white. Reagan disgusts me.  But I know what you mean.

FDR?

Back
Top Bottom