Frauded - Thanks Paypal! Advice?

Hey everyone,

Just a little frustrated, wanted to see if this has happened to anyone. Need some advice.

Basically, I sold some Denim SB's on eBay to someone out in NJ. Paid, shipped, cool... A month later he files a buyer dispute saying I shipped him a pair of black boots, !@+? I've been selling on eBay for 10 years, 100% feedback, powerseller. Paypal took his side regarding the claim, now I'm out $900. I'm getting the claim appealed, but its probably not going to do anything because Paypal usually takes the side of the buyer every time. I'm sure this happens all day long on Paypal, any advice for a legit seller?

thanks in advance.

FYI- be careful of this guy

the guy's name is Darnell Anane from New Brunswick, NJ
ebay name chasedeeznutts
chasedeeznuts@gmail.com

there really isnt any advice we could give you since theres no way for you to win, sorry about what happened though.

Seems like EVERYBODY is getting scammed this way now a days.

you should dispute how it took him so long to file the claim.

Dude was saying he was on vacation, that's why he took so long to file the claim, but he was there to sign for the package.

this is really getting out of hand....it seems like this happens every other day on here

I don't like this post since I just sold a pair of kicks not even an hour ago. Hope all goes well. Paypal really needs to get their stuff together.

Someone sold me front row tickets to see weezy a year or so ago. I paid FRONT ROW money, They said floor section c1. Needless to say when I arrived with my girl the seats were behind an entire section and "front row" enough for people who amazingly "couldn't find their seat" to stand right infront of us between sections. Needless to say I was HEATED. Filed a claim and paypal did nothing.... luckily dude gave me a partial refund. It sucks what happened to you and I wish you the best. In the future hopefully you can deal with real men and or meet in person... I wish the best for you

And another one
smh.gif

Sorry man.

This is nuts, I've been selling for a long time and this is a first. I probably just have to take him to court.

That sucks to hear. I have been a buyer and seller on ebay for a little over a year and every time I have had a problem they have helped. but Iknow ut sucks being a seller sometimes
eyes.gif

Paypal is such a trash system.

Ebay owns then and there are no alternate ways of payment either.

They took out the money order option (was unsafe anyway)

With a valid signature confirmation #, how can they just side with the buyer? AND a whole month after. that's scary.

I would fight it as much as I can. Try posting under a different name via EBAY Community --> Paypal message boards and see what they recommend.

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

Seems like EVERYBODY is getting scammed this way now a days.

you should dispute how it took him so long to file the claim.
Paypal sides with the buyer

www.paypalsucks.com

edit,
Nasdaqwrote:
Paypal is such a trash system.

Ebay owns then and there are no alternate ways of paymenteither.

They took out the money order option (was unsafeanyway)

thats actually not true...you can use ebay approved merchant sites such as moneybookers.com or paymate.com that allow buyers to pay with debit/credit cards that deposit the money right into your bank account

Back
Top Bottom