Fred Hampton Film: Judas and the Black Messiah Trailer

The movie is pretty good.

Kaluuya is a really great actor IMO. I know there is controversy around British actors playing Black Americans, but I really enjoy the work that he does. (Damson Idris is a perfect fit in Snowfall too.)

My big complaint is that the movie focuses a little too much on the informant (William O'Neal) and not enough on the incredible work of the Black Panther party. People unfamiliar with the Panthers will still not fully understand the power, the change, the infrastructure that the Panthers were building and why that was so scary to white people that they literally had to murder anyone and everyone associated.

With that in mind, it's a good movie that comes up short in terms of impact. Glad I watched it though.

This is fire.

I like how they kept emphasizing him asking for the money and in the end he did all that for $200 ***** *** dollars and a gas station :smh:

Lakeith killed it although I wonder how much sauce they put on it as far as him kinda becoming friends and adopting the Panther mentality; i.e. did he really take charge over rebuilding HQ like that etc.

***** *** dude shoulda just hit the road once Fred got locked up the first time.

:smh:

1419DE25-65D7-4FC0-AC75-FD40C1B563B5.png

D268703D-69FE-4129-AF8F-4837D7BF73F0.png

F4D0939A-90D2-4112-BA8E-3EE56D1DB3DB.png
10CD5372-9C89-46C5-97C7-438A1C8B30BD.png

Last edited:
As expected, great cast, great performances. Given the title of the film you knew what the script was going to cover & what it was going to leave out & gloss over, so I’m surprised his family gave the greenlight. You really need a multi-part documentary to get into everything. I guess they figure more awareness about Fred & COINTELPRO can never be a bad thing. When the news initially dropped months ago that this was dropping, few of my youngins didn’t know who he was.

This is fire.

I like how they kept emphasizing him asking for the money and in the end he did all that for $200 ***** *** dollars and a gas station :smh:

Lakeith killed it although I wonder how much sauce they put on it as far as him kinda becoming friends and adopting the Panther mentality; i.e. did he really take charge over rebuilding HQ like that etc.

***** *** dude shoulda just hit the road once Fred got locked up the first time.

:smh:

1419DE25-65D7-4FC0-AC75-FD40C1B563B5.png

D268703D-69FE-4129-AF8F-4837D7BF73F0.png

F4D0939A-90D2-4112-BA8E-3EE56D1DB3DB.png
10CD5372-9C89-46C5-97C7-438A1C8B30BD.png
He didn’t believe a single word he said.

It's a dice game, and sometimes you crap
Who would've thought you'd get popped one time and rat?
Now you know that's bad when your sister is mad
And your son gotta grow up, like, "This is my dad?"
The labeling of a snitch is a lifetime scar
You'll always be in jail, *****, just minus the bars
[/quote]

Judas & the Black Messiah 7.5/8

Great movie. A lot of powerful messages that need to be said again and again.

Kaluuya should have the best actor in the bag. Same for Stanfield as supporting actor.

Martin Sheen as Hoover was crazy. Unsettling cuz they rarely depict Hoover as the racist murdering piece of **** he was.

My big complaint is that the movie focuses a little too much on the informant (William O'Neal) and not enough on the incredible work of the Black Panther party. People unfamiliar with the Panthers will still not fully understand the power, the change, the infrastructure that the Panthers were building and why that was so scary to white people that they literally had to murder anyone and everyone associated.

Totally agree with this bolded statement. I feel like the movie was almost moreso about Bill than it was about Fred.

I wonder if William O'Neal really does have kids. I'd probably be getting the **** outta dodge again now after this depiction of my dad.

Great movie otherwise, really showed how beautiful Fred was with his words. I still trip about his age. I know revolutions are carried out by the youth but 21 is just so young man.

As always **** the feds and power to the people. They were really trying to give my guy years over 70 punk *** dollars.

The title of the movie is JUDAS and the Black Messiah :lol:

It's literally in the title that the movie was going to be about the snitch.
I get that but **** that dude. He doesn't deserve a movie about his betrayal of the people.

I'm never immortalizing a dude like that. They could've have that dude the one shot like they did the other informant or just had him in the background writing notes etc.

Movie was solid. Daniel and Lakeith put on a a great performance. Im sure they will get snubbed for some fake deep no name movie but what else is new. As stated earlier, Meth Damon getting the type cast treatment :lol::lol:..
Sheen as Hoover gave me Guiliani vibes..Wild racist dudes :smh::smh::smh::smh:. Even knowing the outcome, the ending still pissed me off especially since raids, obsessive use of force, swizz cheesing houses, and full blown assassinations still happen today.
Bro being 21 and connecting people from all different walks of life is crazy especially knowing 21 y/o nowadays can barely hold a conversation.

Im also kind of having a hard time with the
movie because of O'Neil.

Good movie but damn man.

It be ya own people :smh:

Funny thing is I know the story already but just seeing it....
Yeah im still tight about the raid, because you know them PIE __ cops was on that type of time. SMH

I’ll probably watch this weekend or the next one. I read the Assassination of Fred Hampton like 5 years ago so I know how it’ll play. Fred was my dude. Does the movie reference O’Neal’s death?

Q&S wasn’t that bad. My boy told me the recent movie about the guy holding the cops was the worst thing ever. And he likes everything.

Great movie. Definitely had me in my feels. Nothing hits harder than the consistent and never changing corrupt police and government tactics against minorities.
His girl was ride or die for real 9 months pregnant and shielded her man.
William O Neil man...smh no words.

Do you still feel this way, and why did/do you feel this way? @finessence im asking you this as well.

I think he played the role very well. I still think that Hollywood can/should work to cast black Americans in roles like this.

Also, I’m torn because the movie labels this informant as a Judas and makes him the villain instead of focusing on the actions by the FBI and police during that time. He was being exploited as well.

All in all, it was a good movie. But it focused on the wrong “villain” imo.

Disagree on the FBI not being portrayed as the villian, it’s hard to watch this and think the FBI or the police were fair regarding their interactions with Fred and the party. I do agree with the movie not focusing enough on the BPP platform as much, but a film like this needs a story like that to get made. Daniel K has been on a hot streak since Get Out, pretty much everything he’s in has been great.

Like someone else said I think the movie will definitely spark some more discussions surrounding the BPP and abuses of the FBI during the Hoover years.
Need to go grab a copy of the Murder of Fred Hampton, been on my to read list for a few years.

Lekeiths acting was phenomenal. At the end when he asked him did he want something to drink...idk why but that was the scene for me. Legit had me wanting to snatch his soul through the tv.

Back
Top Bottom