Freddy Sanchez is THE best No speed havin, Non-Power Hitter in baseball

How far out my mind am I? ...
I know pretty obscure statement Lol but u gotta admire dude who doesnt mash but constantly gets basehits,
careeer 300 hitter, 34 Career Homers and 8 total stolen bases
eek.gif
he's not gettin 40+ infield hits a game neither
smokin.gif

Freddy-Sanchez_3.jpg

Freddy_Sanchez%283%29.jpg

freddy+sanchez.jpg

pimp.gif

Pay Hommage
discuss.

Forgot about this dude.

I can't remember the last time I saw a Pirates game on TV.

Yea, I was watchin them get trounced today and it made me think how good he is.
he gotta get outta Pittsburgh, whats his contract status ?

*edit Found it...

02/05/08: Signed two-year, $11 million contract w/2010 club option ($300,000 signing bonus). 2009: $6.1 million, 2010: $8 million club option w/$600,000 buyout, 2011: Free Agent

Nick got some Pop tho

Im guessing the Pirates gonna trade him to dump his contract pretty soon huh ...

He gets an $8.5 million bonus if he accumulates 635 plate appearances this year.

The Pirates probably won't have any of that. There's already been speculation that he's been getting benched because of it.

And I guess it depends what your definition of a power hitter is. Victor Martinez has a few 20+ home run seasons, but he's not a power hitter; he's agreat hitter.

[table][tr][td]• Ranks 1st in AL in BA (.400)[/td] [td]• Ranks 7th in AL in R (29)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]• Ranks 5th in AL in BB (23)[/td] [td]• Ranks 2nd in AL in OBP (.479)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]• Ranks 4th in AL in SLG (.650)[/td] [td]• Ranks 2nd in AL in OPS (1.129)[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif

I'm pretty much anti Freddy Sanchez types, guys who are so dependent on contact to get on base, way too streaky.

Nick Johnson on the other hand has multiple .400 OBP, and drawn 110 walks in a season despite having only alright power.
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Plate discipline.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Plate discipline.
ehhh
Nick Strikes out more than Freddy
and Freddy grounds out/pops out more than Nick. Nick simply makes less outs than Freddy and that is essentially the objective of baseball.

Making contact is overrated.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Plate discipline.
ehhh
and Freddy grounds out/pops out more than Nick. Nick simply makes less outs than Freddy and that is essentially the objective of baseball.

I disagree, if u got a guy up who Ks alot with runners in scoring position instead of puttin it in play I guarantee ur team aint scoring as much
ground out > K w runners on 2nd and 3rd

I only said that cus u made it seem as if Freddy has no discipline. he makes ALOT of contact doesnt mean he's swigin at bad balls

but are there any other Hitters that have no speed nor power that hit 300?
Im curious

So this is what baseball has come to...no more McGwire vs. Sosa or A-Rod vs. Manny...now it's Nick Johnson vs. Freddy Sanchez
laugh.gif

Love Freddy - but yeah, don't see him lasting much longer here. It was fun watching him get the batting title a few years back, about the only good thingto watch the Pirates for the last 16 years or so.

I like Freddy Sanchez, it helps that he plays second base, a position that doesn't require much offense.

If he was an outfielder, he would be a poor mans Juan Pierre. At least Juan Pierre gets some steals, but he gets a lot of #!%*, Im not a JP fan
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I like Freddy Sanchez, it helps that he plays second base, a position that doesn't require much offense.

If he was an outfielder, he would be a poor mans Juan Pierre. At least Juan Pierre gets some steals, but he gets a lot of #!%*, Im not a JP fan
laugh.gif

Some steals? Dude gets 40+ the last few years. Dude is really considered among the top 10 in steals every year for the past 2. He just doesn't getenough playing time. Now granted part of it is that he's a bad fielder and and avg hitter. But dude can run well.

Freddy can hit though. I don't hate players like him, I appreciate them because Jeter was about the same throughout his career.

Some steals? Dude gets 40+ the last few years. Dude is really considered among the top 10 in steals every year for the past 2. He just doesn't get enough playing time. Now granted part of it is that he's a bad fielder and and avg hitter. But dude can run well.
laugh.gif

Since you jumped the gun on my statement, I'm going to jump on yours
laugh.gif
. He is actually a Top 5 base stealer, not top 10.

I have no idea what Juan Pierre does,
eyes.gif
. I know what I meant by"some steals". Pierre has finished 1-2 his entire career, except for last season. He finished 5th. He is also the active SB leader. He also getscaught stealing, a lot, and hardly strikes out or walks for that matter.

Him and Freddy Sanchez are practically the same except Sanchez plays a position where offense is a bonus, and Pierre has more speed, so he gets some steals.

Freddy Sanchez career BA .301
Juan Pierre career BA .301

Freddy Sanchez career OBP .338
Juan Pierre Career OBP .348

Freddy Sanchez career HR's 34
Juan Pierre career HR's 13 (
laugh.gif
).

Freddy Sanchez career SB's 8
Juan Pierre career SB's 434

Except for Pierre's speed, and his extreme lack of power, they are very similar.

Pierre gets caught a lot too. Takes a way a lot from his SB totals

Sanchez is nice tho. I'd be scared to trade for him if I was a team that played in a stadium without a spacious outfield.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

He gets an $8.5 million bonus if he accumulates 635 plate appearances this year.

The Pirates probably won't have any of that. There's already been speculation that he's been getting benched because of it.

And I guess it depends what your definition of a power hitter is. Victor Martinez has a few 20+ home run seasons, but he's not a power hitter; he's a great hitter.

[table][tr][td]• Ranks 1st in AL in BA (.400)[/td] [td]• Ranks 7th in AL in R (29)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]• Ranks 5th in AL in BB (23)[/td] [td]• Ranks 2nd in AL in OBP (.479)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]• Ranks 4th in AL in SLG (.650)[/td] [td]• Ranks 2nd in AL in OPS (1.129)[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif
That shouldn't be allowed. Makes me so mad.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Plate discipline.
ehhh

I disagree, if u got a guy up who Ks alot with runners in scoring position instead of puttin it in play I guarantee ur team aint scoring as much
ground out > K w runners on 2nd and 3rd

I only said that cus u made it seem as if Freddy has no discipline. he makes ALOT of contact doesnt mean he's swigin at bad balls

but are there any other Hitters that have no speed nor power that hit 300?
Im curious

Palacido Polanco. No speed, no power Career .300 hundred hitter, lots of contact.

On the subject of plate discipline it shows you how far the Internet has advanced when I can go on fangraphs.com and and see that Freddy swings at balls outside of the strike zone 30% of the time, Nick swings outside of the strike zone 13% of the time, good for top 10 in the league. It's a pretty cool website,I can go check how much Lincecum curveball breaks.
laugh.gif

Nick is a beast with strike zone.

Back
Top Bottom