Free Comic Book Day: Saturday May 2, 2009 (Vol. Today !!!)

Head out to your local comic shops and rack up ladies (Theres bound to be some girl comic lovers, probably not tho
laugh.gif
)
and gentleman. Free Comic bookstoday. This is your chance to turn your little brothers, cousins, nephews and whatnot into comic junkies (And to ween them off the hollywood spoon fedcrap of what superhero comics are). And yes, they will hate you for years cause they spending all the allowances on 'em but they'll thank you one day.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The only thing I'm hyped to pick up... Reprint of the OG TMNT !!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

mirage.gif

Random stuff off of www.freecomicbookday.com
It's got a comic shop locator too...not all of them give out free comics.

transformers.jpg

savage_dragon.jpg

red5.gif

alterna.gif

avengers.jpg

blackest_night.jpg

bongo.jpg

archiesonic.gif

marvel.gif

And while you're in there...support the cause. BUY SOMETHING. A comic, a fart bomb, hell...just whisper"Hentai?
wink.gif
" to the guy. I'm sure theres something for everyone.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I have my little cousins pick up or make a thank you card to the shop owner/shop.

It's the least they can do for beasting.
laugh.gif

I might go and check this out later on today when I head to the mall. They were advertising this for the last couple of weeks. I really want to check out TheBlackest Night.

I seriously forgot about this. I'm going to bring my little nephew to one, maybe he'll grow interest in the comic book world.

kool, I've never read a TMNT comic, I might have to scoop that up later. Gotta scoop up Thunderbolts #131 anyway
pimp.gif

dang i dont even know where my shop is anymore the one i used to go to closed down

I don't even mess with comics anymore, man.

I got the first issue of Hawkeye in mint, though.

Anyone tryna cop?

nerd.gif

Free comic book day is okay at best. I was still gonna drop by forbidden planet to catch up on this weeks issues.

cool never heard of this, but then again i havent picked up a comic in 15 years

Being away at school ftl but I did check the locator the places closet to me aren't doing it

I ended up getting the TMNT, Avengers and Green Lantern/Blackest Night comics along with my usual stuff. The Avengers and Green Lantern comics were goingpretty fast.

All the Blackest Nights were gone by the time I got to my shop; that's what I get for waking up late.

TMNT was nowhere to be found around my neck of woods. :/ My cousin made out like a bandit...14 books. What happened to the official comic thread, btw. We gottastart that back up...I'll admit there's not much great stuff out, but c'mon... Peter walking in on aunt may getting busy with J. J. Jameson Sr in #592....LULZ!!! Thunderbolts #131 & Dark Avengers #4 were pretty good last week too.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

TMNT was nowhere to be found around my neck of woods. :/ My cousin made out like a bandit...14 books. What happened to the official comic thread, btw. We gotta start that back up...I'll admit there's not much great stuff out, but c'mon... Peter walking in on aunt may getting busy with J. J. Jameson Sr in # 592....LULZ!!! Thunderbolts #131 & Dark Avengers #4 were pretty good last week too.
I was like what the heck is going on here when I saw that
roll.gif

The Green Lantern and Green lanter Corps have been pretty good so far. I loved the Blackest Night preview. The Dark Avengers was pretty good aswell
pimp.gif

Anyone get the Final Crisis Legion of three Worlds?

Got the TMNT reprint. Had to stop at two different shops though. Sorry OP.

2jbkv3o.jpg

Other comics I bought:

24ecl6r.jpg

^ You're lucky you found any Deadpool off the shelf. Dark Avengers, Thunderbolts, and that flies. The only thing I did today was cancel my War Machines,the comic just flat out sucks now. He's like Cyborg from Teen Titans.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Anyone that didn't get the TMNT (like me)..you can read the #1 here...a few more too...

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/one/cover.htm

Back
Top Bottom