Freeway's Three Solo Albums>Wayne's Three Solo Albums

60588239.jpg

Freestyle-The-Stimulus-Package.jpg

VS.

Lil_Wayne_-_Tha_Carter.jpg

Tha_Carter_2.jpg

CarterIII.jpg

*puts flame suit on*

For real though. After bumping Stimulus Package lately I've realized how solid Freeway's catalog is.

The only album out of Wayne's that can hold an argument against any of Free's is Tha Carter.

I'll go into more detail arguments if people bring up arguments and valid points, but in the meantime, discuss.
smile.gif

First and foremost, the Wayne albums you posted are 4,5, & 6 respectively,

second, no imo and I'm a BIG Freeway fan.

Comes down to C1/C2 vs Philadelphia Freeway/Free At Last, and I can't honestly name either of the latter better than the Wayne joints.

Freeway is the man though, catalog is criminally slept on. Not an outlandish statement at all but ppl are gonna act like it is.

apples to oranges.

I'm going with C1 & 2 over PF & FAL....

Haven't heard the latest Free joint. C3 was buns tho

First off you forgot Philadelphia Freeway 2 which dropped in May 09..and yall act like the Carter series are waynes only albums..so this whole thread is void..and last but not least Freeways albums are always on point

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

First off you forgot Philadelphia Freeway 2 which dropped in May 09..and yall act like the Carter series are waynes only albums..so this whole thread is void..and last but not least Freeways albums are always on point

Freeway doesn't count PF2 as a real album though...he says it's a "street album"...whatever the difference is its a glorified mixtape.  I agree with everything else you said.

man i would agree with you, but there was like 2 years worth of product that leaked for the carter 3 that put DWayne where he is now, but Stimulus package is that deal tho
pimp.gif

*sidenote* i did the same thing with a clipse vs outkast comparison going off the first three albums and dudes looked at me sideways, but i stick
to my hip hop ears "clipse = outkast"

everything about this discussion would be wrong in some kind of way....

only thing I will say is the 3rd album that u have listed for both artists doesnt come close to the first two...n they pretty much rank in the order they came out

all i know is ive played Philadelphia Freeway more than all of Waynes albums combined and i used to play C1 heavy

15 tracks of
eek.gif
and
pimp.gif
..only skippable track is with Nelly and even that isnt half bad really

Originally Posted by wayne looney

all i know is ive played Philadelphia Freeway more than all of Waynes albums combined and i used to play C1 heavy

15 tracks of
eek.gif
and
pimp.gif
Me too now that I think about it lol

Originally Posted by wayne looney

15 tracks of
eek.gif
and
pimp.gif
that's real talk though...it's crazy some dudes still sleep on that album, the production alone is 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Tha Carter's got progressively worse as Free's Album's got better...i'd give the edge to Tha Carter's...but if you compared Wayne's 1st three albums wit free 1st three albums, gotta go wit free...

Haven't heard the Jake One album yet but I do know Philadelphia Freeway and Free At Last don't stand up to Carter 1 and 2. Free At Last was not better than Philadelphia Freeway. I don't know how dudes getting that opinion. PF's production is better than anything on Free At Last and dude had more hunger. Gotta check the Jake One album out but I thought it was a mixtape and sort of put off listening to it.

I see dudes talking about about they play Free's albums more than Wayne's and I don't fit in that boat but I can say that Wayne's albums don't get much playability out of me. There was always selective songs that got heavy play like Birdman Jr, Shooter, etc. but I never gave the whole album play. Not sure if Wayne's album's have much playability. But i'd put Free in that same class. I never played his albums much aside from selective songs(This can't be real, What We Do, etc.)

But how are we skipping Philadelphia Freeway 2 though? That +%% came out before the Jake One album.

Back
Top Bottom