French Montana - Jungle Rules [Worst Rap Album Of the Year]

My guy Hahahaha Hahahaha had made this thread during the Temp anarchy run, but I wanted to bring it back just cause I'm still disgusted at how terrible it is. French has never been a great rapper, or even good, but I would put his mixtapes up against anybodies. Unfortunately, he's 0/2 for actual albums,. His debut album was terrible, and I didn't think he could do worse than that. Boy was I wrong. I will say, that if you enjoyed trash like Views and the last DJ Khaled album, you'll probably love this. This album was solely made to try to chart in every single country and nothing more. 2017's WAOTY is right here.

French-Montana-Jungle-Rules-Album-Cover1.jpeg

19761668_124225028180824_4192810339223470080_n.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3f_rJcfoO8

Last edited:
Damn I didn't even give it spins yet. I wasn't expecting much but this has me wondering if I should even give it the run through

I didn't feel the album was that bad. Some fire on there. Disappointing tho

yall buggin that french album is wavy. everybody knows most artist swing for homeruns (hit singles) on the album and drop their REAL **** on the mixtapes/street album or whatever they call them now.

Album cool, could def list a good 10 albums worse

Just like MC4, he put too many songs on here

Not sure why anybody would think this album would be "fire"? Horrible lyrics, but always had pretty
solid singles I suppose. Being "hot" and a good artist are completely different things. Is it just me
or is French not even trying in video his lip singing is completely off. And I see weeknd is the go to
artist for single's now.

Yeah I **** with French heavy but this album ain't good. Wave God's and MC4 are way better than this.

Whiskey Eyes, of course Unforgettable, Trippin, Blackout really the only songs I liked.

Sounds like DJ Khaled's album which was also trash.

This is a pop album, trying hard for some singles. He's lucky they can add the forgettable streams or this album would flop hard as hell. This album is getting killed everywhere. It's terrible. Most of these songs he sounds like the feature on his own ****.

ughh i hated bounce back. Dark Paradise Sky was sooooooooooo good. Damn shame about I Decided

Bounce Back is the most boring trap beat having song ive ever heard

I Decided aint the worst AOTY. That prob goes to Yachty. It is the most forgettable tho lol

Anyways still gotta listen to this but i aint liked French stuff since like MC3

Agreed. Dark Sky was great and I Decided was Nickelodeon music. Took six steps back with that trash *** album.

Worst album of the year belongs to I Decided.

But this is up there too
I decided the biggest disappointment of the year. I thought he was going to level up after dark sky paradise

At least I Decided had Bounce Back. This trash just has beats that should have went straight to Rihanna, Bryson Tiller, and Mavado.

that doesn't sound like a bad album... sounds like you just don't like commerical albums.

that doesn't sound like a bad album... sounds like you just don't like commerical albums.

A lot of commercial music today is repetitive, lacks creativity and integrity. Simple minded music that follows the same trends. **** that album and **** this album.

A lot of commercial music today is repetitive, lacks creativity and integrity. Simple minded music that follows the same trends. **** that album and **** this album.

i'm weary on labeling music like that on da basis "its too commerical"

It Was Written caught that hate early on, and now look? undisputed classic.

not saying this French is dope or not (i gotta skim through it) but NTers have a adversion to club smashes, dismissive of em. (i remember Pop that wasn't even hyped here and i kneeeew folks were trippin.)

Back
Top Bottom