Friend used my Paypal account and scammed people should I take him to court

He hit me with the I don't have the money rift now thing I was like bro you gotta make payments and he works for toys r us m crap saying his checks have been bad but he goes on ig with a crap load of money
seems like your only interaction with him is via social media?  bruh, have you not listened to drake " no new friends, no, no, nooooo".

if he's posting pics of cash, and he says he cant pay you...its really " i dont want to pay you" 

i know its a struggle out here for some, but if dude s stunting, he's asking to be put in check and you need to do it. he's portraying a lifestyle at your expense. i know for sure i wouldnt let some clown dog me out like that. certain things you dont do in the streets. im not a thug or a goon, but its the principle of the matter really

Even if you take him to court, you could only file in small claims since it's under a $1000.  Second, you would get the case thrown out because of the fact that it seems like you agreed to let him get a prepaid credit card under your account, thereby you taking full liability for whatever actions he commits, because it's under your paypal account.  Unless you have some sort of legal binding written documentation stating that he agreed to pay you back, there's technically nothing you can do, but foot the bill.

And, I'd think twice about laying hands on dude.  If he's messed up enough to do that, he's messed up enough to sue and press assault charges on you

You need to lay hands on your "friend"

Wrong answer. Thats the easy button.

First off, dude isn't your friend. He's a dude you know and hang with.

I wouldn't even take him to court. Straight up call the police and let them deal with it.

Even if you take him to court, you could only file in small claims since it's under a $1000.  Second, you would get the case thrown out because of the fact that it seems like you agreed to let him get a prepaid credit card under your account, thereby you taking full liability for whatever actions he commits, because it's under your paypal account.  Unless you have some sort of legal binding written documentation stating that he agreed to pay you back, there's technically nothing you can do, but foot the bill.

And, I'd think twice about laying hands on dude.  If he's messed up enough to do that, he's messed up enough to sue and press assault charges on you

Or he could be a dbag right back and claim he never allowed him to use his name or accounts to create a paypal. Therefore OP, and every customer, was a victim of fraud.

Look man, like others have said, he obviously isn't a real friend. I'm still confused about how he was able to get a prepaid PayPal card on YOUR account WITHOUT your permission (or did you let this happen?)

You seem dead set on giving this guy the benefit of the doubt that he'll pay you back, so give him an ultimatum. If he doesn't give you some type of payment within x amount of days, take legal action. Make sure he understands that you will do everything you can to ruin his life through the law if he doesn't pay you back immediately.

After you get your money back, cut him off completely. He shouldn't even exist to you

You know this dude in real life and haven't filed a report with the police ? Fraud is nothing to play with.

why in all of the hell would you let someone have access to something that is directly linked to your bank acct and to you?

i almost wanna say you deserve this for being a dumb ***...

He's not your friend. Bust him out on social media so nobody will further do business with him and keep it moving.

Sup

To me it looks like a warrant for an *** whoopin
But man that's real ****** up yo
Its a lota friends not being friends latley

Do what you must yo get your **** together

Then kick his ***

Call the police, they will tell you what papers to file.

Have everything on record, forget that payment crap.

This dude really saw you as a duck.

sucks to be in a position where it's time to get grimy and you don't have it in you.

not to talk down on you but just saying how you were raised or how your personality is it won't allow you to.

unless you have some real solid proof the cops ain't gone do **** and the court ain't gone do ****.

either take your L or get grimy.

Op, because you continue to obviously ignore the question as to how your "friend" got a hold to your paypal account. I'm starting to lose sympathy for you and think that y'all both were in on the fraud(s) but it only backfired on you.

why dudes saying whoop his friends ***? thats not gonna fix his bill

if he doesnt pay you jack him for everything he got

you can beat his *** after you fix the paypal situation

The first thing you should have done is contacted the police and/or a lawyer.

And if we are being honest here, I would probably put the blame on you.

Sure you couldn't have known dude would be scum, but everyone should know not to let anyone but yourself **** with your paypal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom