From the creators of The Wire.....(all that needs to be said) vol. TREME

Looks STRONG.�

Anyone else gonna be checking for this?� Saw some previews of this when watching How to Make it in America....I'll be watching.

background:

Treme is an upcoming American drama television series created by David Simon and Eric Overmyer.[sup][1][/sup] The series takes place three months after Hurricane Katrina where the residents of New Orleans, including musicians, chefs, Mardi Gras Indians, and ordinary New Orleanians try to rebuild their lives, their homes and their unique culture in the aftermath of the 2005 hurricane.[sup][1][/sup][sup][2][/sup][sup][3][/sup] The series is scheduled to premiere April 11, 2010, on HBO.[sup][4][/sup][sup][5][/sup] The first season will consist of 10 episodes, including an 80-minute pilot episode.[sup][2][/sup]

[sup]
[/sup]
Link

[sup]
[/sup]

I'll check it out... even though I'll always LOVE that old CLASSIC Wire... I know this won't be anything like it

got Bunk lookin like Bubs...
smh.gif

I don't even watch TV anymore (besides sports) but I will definitely be checking this out.  The Wire is by far my favorite television series of all time and there is no more intriguing city than New Orleans.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Seems like the show was focusing mainly on the music, but i've always been intrigued music style in New Orleans, brass bands, zydeco, second lines etc...
With all the different layers there are to New Orleans i'm sure it'll be much deeper.

Can't wait. Don't know if it will be nearly as good as The Wire, but I'm interested in checking it out.

I'll be watching it.
Unlike the crime- and politics-centered Wire, "what the show really is about is culture — a defining moment in that culture," Simon says. (He notes that crime, which subsided for about nine months after Katrina, will emerge in the show if it's renewed for another season.) "What brought New Orleans back to the point where it is now — and it's not all the way back — has not been government intervention, has not been money. It's been the culture."
 --- David Simon shoots straight for the heart of New Orleans

I'll be watching.... The wire is one of those shoes that you wish would never end...

WTB LEBRON SAMPLES AND PEs size 12 and 12.5 NEW OR USED   ANY DUNKMANS 2s, 3s, 4s  size 11.5 -13 ANY CONDITION
WTB  Trainer 1s size 12 thru 13 Manny Pacs first colorway, Ladanian PEs, Jimmy Rollins PE, Trainer 1 Oregon PEs
WTB Nike Maestro red all star colorway any size 11.5 thru 13 any condition besides beat.

Can't Wait
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I got to school in New Orleans so I've already heard a fair amount 'bout the show...One of the producers actually is trachign a class this semester.

Also had one of the actors come into one of my black education classes, Ameer Baraka who will play Lorenzo in a couple episodes.  Great part about the show is they really actually care about NOLA and have done a lot for the city. Baraka teaches a life skills class for kids at one of the worst high schools in NOLA and he came in with a bunch of students to talk to us.

Either Way, David Simon is God
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.  Dude could crap on a plate and I would watch it.

Great pilot episode... have the series on DVR.

Bunk and Lester's characters are very convincing and will make you forget about their roles on The Wire (at least while you're watching this show).

I'm very interested to see how the series develops...

I'm hooked after the first episode. John Goodman's character was hilarious when he flipped out during the documentary he was being interviewed for. Bunk's character being short on all three of his taxi rides
laugh.gif

Can't wait to see how the story progresses.

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

its always 1 or 2 recycled actors
laugh.gif

but Bunks the man..gotta catch this

Thats David Simon's thing...you can trace pretty much everybody back to The Wire, The Corner, or Homicide.  It took me like 10 mins to recognize the lawyer chick was a cop on Homicide.  Plus the girl playing Freemon daughter was the stick girl that Omar's boy shot in the head by accident.

The show is looking good so far  

Back
Top Bottom