Furnishing your Apartment/Condo/Home

I've had that bed for 5 years and counting.
laugh.gif

For the bedroom you NEED a malm / otherwise low framed bed. Clean and organized nightstands, desk/book shelf space permitting.

The kitchen must be clean, bare and basic. Have a spice rack and knife set as the focal point, with the hanging pans/etc as a close secondary.
Fridge must be stocked with multiple brands of bottled beer.
Fridge must also include multiple condiments.

Having a full bar is KEY. I bought the infamous four-tier Ikea display case.
-high premiums on top
-basics on second (i.e. vodka, rum, rye)
-liquors, etc on third.
-empties on bottom (include the caps to exclude fruit flies)

the empties help will amount of contents, and is a place to hold the glass until ready for recycle.

The living space must have a generous coffee table, and multiple seating surrounding. Make the coffee table the focal point, not the tV. Having friends overalll the time, we end up sitting around the coffee table, plasma off to the side (on mute) with tunes playing on the Harmon Kardon.
A section sofa would be ideal, albeit expensive.

Bathroom: tidy and simple. don't make it look like you spend too much time in there.

I would like to mention:

The success in a bachelor pad is the ability to rid females from marking territory.
As soon as a regular female leaves traces of continuity, i.e. tooth brush or scrunchy, assign her a 12"x12" cubby hole at the front entrance.

No mean to thread jack, but I have a really small apartment (basement).

What kinda things can I put down here? I have the TV with the whole set, bed, night tables. I just feel like the walls are empty. Any ideas? Thanks.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

No mean to thread jack, but I have a really small apartment (basement).

What kinda things can I put down here? I have the TV with the whole set, bed, night tables. I just feel like the walls are empty. Any ideas? Thanks.

I am in the same situation.

I am a student living in a basement suite. I was able to afford couch+coffee table+ tv +bedroom set + essentials but it still seemed bare.
I bought two guitar wall mounts for $25 each.
I had two old stick frame ikea shelving units, cut em in half and bracketed them together so it was 2 wide and 2 high as opposed to 4 high. then I mounted acheap Amsterdam black/white ikea picture above.

If you are a student, it is IDEAL to sliiiide in on them female Art students. Buy a large canvas for every empty wall and use the opportunity to do weirdabstract art with them as your opportunity to SMASH. YAS!
pimp.gif

OP, once you get things rolling with your bach. pad, would you like to start up a new POST YOUR PAD THREAD VOL. BACHELOR LIFE or something. I'm taking picsthis week, but I don't enjoy starting official threads.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by calibeebee

DAYTONA 5000 wrote:

When I get my own spot, I want one of those beds that are really low, like they had their legs sawed off.

Anyone know what style of bed that is called?
Malms are pretty low to the ground and are on the cheap

8744_1227135434.jpg

I had this bed and once you put it together that's it that's all. It's particle board so there's no taking it apart and put it back together at all. It's a decent bed though. I will NEVER do platform beds again though.

I've had this for a little over a year now, has been taken apart and put back together, so I dont know where you're getting that it cant be takenapart.

But I'm probably going to get rid of it and getting a different platform bed. I've bashed my shins on the lip around the edge more times than I cancount.

Any suggestions for a portable/ contemporary bar, and a cocktail table/ leather cocktail ottoman would be appreciated.

laugh.gif
that bed looks familiar, got that bed from Ikea in tan. maybe the materials are slightly better but i've had it for two years and no complaints. somegood suggestions in here, i have some ideas i'll share in a little.

I know this is mainly about furniture, but when entertaining females, a good movie collection sets it off.

Originally Posted by trak1sh

I know this is mainly about furniture, but when entertaining females, a good movie collection sets it off.
cosign. once them lights get turned off, we aint watching the movie anymore.

This thread just gets better and better. As far as getting it going with the ladies, it's easier and less obvious to cozy up together to watch a movie inmy opinion. Cruel Intentions is a sure thing.

As someone already stated Ikea is a really good place to go for ideas also start watching a lot of HGTV. You can get ideas there and find good deals on certainitems there.

GQ your place looks clean, but boy could it use some color if not in the walls at least in the furniture. Your place seems a little sterile and uninviting.

Back
Top Bottom