FX 'Legion' | (Wednesday's @ 10PM)

Thread is booming.
Show killing its "fans"?

Only seen premier of this season so far but going through this thread starting from the pilot has indicated this show just isn't for you, if you can't get it it's fine, but the show obviously has a big following and NT isn't necessarily the community where a large majority would be into something like this.

It's definitely not for me but that's been established I think.
Just commenting on the thread moving half a page since Season Premiere.
NT or other but specifically speaking NT right now, and we weren't this disconnected during Season1......

https://screenrant.com/shouldnt-worry-legion-canceled/
RELATED: LEGION SEASON 2 PREMIERE REVIEW: MARVEL’S MUTANT MIND-BENDER CONTINUES TO DAZZLE

"That sort of unusual storytelling has come at a cost. After debuting to fairly strong viewing figures in its first season, Legion’s followup year has been decidedly ratings challenged. The season’s second episode notched a 0.21 in the key demo, falling out of the top 25 cable series for the week. There’s essentially no metric by which that’s not a terrible number, even on a cable network like FX."

Caught ep.3...this week was out there, the most pleasurable mind f yet...

I’m confused :lol:

But I enjoy the ride...the black dudes mental maze was dope, he just wanted to chill and smell the roses...

Is that black slimy thing moving independently, or is it controlled by / a part of Farouk?

The eating/pooping scene was unnecessary :lol:.

I love when Farouk is on screen...hes always in command it seems...I wonder if him effortlessly switching languages during conversation is a clue I’m missing? :nerd:

Maaaaaaannnn this ep.

So the way it started I forgot the monk had everybody trapped in the maze. Even a bit after David showed up in the museum :lol: I was just engaged with these flash back Syd scenes.

That story she told about banging her mom's bf as her mom actually being shown though. Creepy and sexy all at the same time. :smh: @ dude getting arrested like that.

It has a real amazing movie quality to it. It should've hit me before Noah really did great job using X-Men characters without using them minus the two obvious ones. Syd as a stand-in for Rogue is probably some of the best Rogue character work in a long time and better than what they've bogged the character down with in the comics or cliche dramatic crap in the movies.

David basically reliving her childhood trying to figure out what Syd really wants was pretty cool. Became funny and had a Groundhog's Day appeal to it.

The message though. Life is war. Survive. Love makes you soft and weak. Be a lover or a fighter. The lie that love is going to save us just makes us stupid and weak. Love isn't going to save us. God loves the sinners cuz their fire burns the brightest :lol: Damn shorty is cold.

Then Lenny in the end :nerd:

Music was great :smokin

Last edited:
If my memory is correct, I assume they used David's sister's body to bring back Lenny.

You are correct.

Didn't know there was a *thread for this yet.

For the viewers on the fringe about this show, I love it but even I sometimes catch myself wondering what the hell is going on.

Usually there's an easily understood premise to the season, such as the upcoming big bad and the ongoing feud between David and Amahl, as long as you keep that in mind usually everything falls together pretty well as every story always serves the narrative in some way.

It's a dope show. Give it a try.

"God loves the sinners the most because their fire burns the brightest." I will never forget that quote, need someone on a Cole or Kendrick level to immortalize it

Last edited:
it's weird that they extended the season... by one episode :lol:

i'm curious if they just couldn't fit everything they wanted into 10 episodes or fx ordered one extra one :lol:

this show is still a mind trip

‘Legion’ Expands Season 2 With Additional Episode
legion-season-2.jpg

http://deadline.com/2018/05/legion-expands-season-2-additional-episode-1202380301/

Noah Hawley’s Legion has added an eleventh episode to its originally planned 10-episode season. The Season 2 finale will now air Tuesday, June 12 at 10 PM on FX. The season will wrap with David (Dan Stevens) battling the future. The finale episode is written by Hawley and directed by Keith Gordon.

Based on the Marvel Comics by Chris Claremont and Bill Sienkiewicz, Legion is the story of David Haller (Stevens), a man who believed himself to be schizophrenic only to discover that he may actually be the most powerful mutant the world has ever seen. Rachel Keller, Jeremie Harris, Amber Midthunder, Bill Irwin, Aubrey Plaza, Jemaine Clement, Hamish Linklater and Navid Negahban also star.

Hawley serves as Executive Producer, along with John Cameron, Lauren Shuler Donner, Simon Kinberg, Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory. Legion is produced by FX Productions and Marvel Television, with FXP handling the physical production.

Series finale?

Legion show so far breakdown. I'll put theories/guesses on what anything the audience doesn't know yet in tags, so there won't be even possible spoilers in the breakdown, but skip this if you're not up to date:

I'll try to do this kind of chronologically for this season.

Off the Shadow King's first scene in this latest episode, you got to see part of the moment that kicked everything off, where they smartly flashed back the chalkboard scene from last year in Farouk's shades. Professor X & Shadow King battled in the astral plane in the show's prehistory, Xavier won, Farouk's body fell out but it didn't die (the monk even makes reference to them trying to kill it once it started driving them mad) so they tried to hide it among the Migo Order (raindrop, drop top), who David mentions have shields against telepathy.

Now, as he's buried under their temple, he obviously can't inhabit his body like he has David/Lenny/Oliver for whatever reason, but there's obviously still a part of him in there as he tries to break out (notice the parallel to the coffin he buried David in inside his mind SSN 1) and starts slowly driving the monks insane over the years. (Remember, that montage of David living out the monk's history happens over David's lifespan so far, as David was only born after Prof X banished SK to the astral plane) although the madness & driving them to suicide might only have happened once Farouk really started being able to tap into David's abilities last season.) The last remaining monk leaves and seeks out a weapon to destroy SK which he was told was at Division 3. When it looks like they might not have it & David intervenes, the monk kills himself rather than, as he sees it, assist SK.

This season started with David coming back from a year gap from when he got picked up from the orb. We know he's experienced stuff in that year but the only flash we get is David following the monk to the club where the Summerland/Division 3 team-up found him and we saw the battle on the astral plane as a dance-off. The results left David alone in the club in its wake and the people there affected by the monk with the chattering people which we learn this episode the monk infects people with. Remember David's first words and match them with what we learned tonight about the chatterers: ""Help them. They're in the maze."

While we know the monk infects people with this chattering, I suspect that the Shadow King is probably still the origin of this malady. There's a reason for those Jon Hamm pieces and the entire intro this week is on contagions that only exist because you believe they do. If part of driving all the monks mad was getting that one monk to pass on the psychic suggestion of the chatter that he passed on to others, that'd fit with SK's MO especially since the chatter psychicly takes people to their own fondest desire.

Once the band is back together, you have Summerland crew operating out of Division 3 and have been searching for David and The Shadow King/Oliver & trying to cure what they thought was SK's chatter disease for the past year, Melanie's a lovelorn addict after getting her husband back & losing him again, Syd's withdrawn a bit after David's year away & spends much of her time in a cat, Ptolemy is suspect of David's lack of memory from the past year & Kerry/Cary are good until SK gets them out of sync making it dangerous to re-merge . Division 3 has child soldiers because children seem to be immune to the chatter. Admiral Fukyuma, who leads Div 3 got messed up when they tried to put a computer in his brain when he was a kid so he hides his disfigured face behind the basket and speaks through his androids, the Vermilion. Crispy Crimson & the Admiral are playing this fine line of not knowing if they can trust David's free of the Shadow King's but kind of needing him because no one else can defeat him.

So basic plot is have David find & kill Farouk. Farouk is inside Oliver, so David wants to try to save Oliver if he can. Wrinkle 1. Then, future Syd shows up. Wrinkle 2.

Future Syd (who is probably from the future because Cary, on investigating the orb, thinks it's something he would build) used the orb to grab up David and get him to change the past. In her timeline, David kills Farouk but then something worse comes to pass that probably only Farouk could have prevented (plus she loses an arm and hints David is very altered in her future.) So, David decides he's going to run with Future Syd's plan but what they find is a fortune teller's booth with a memento from current Syd's past on it while SK is attacking Division 3. (We now know from the newest episode he was looking for the monk/the weapon/both.) David contacts Future Syd again on some "you sure about this?" and she spells out the doomed future. David seeks Farouk out again and makes him concede to not hurting anyone else after a brief astral tussle & David agrees to find the Monk in Div 3 after telling Syd about Future Syd.

Then in this episode you have the Monk storyline (mostly covered above) and the chatter-induced mindscapes themselves showing each person chattering is trapped in a mental maze that is kind of their deepest desire-ish wish fulfillment to keep them satiated. Ptolemy's was to escape remembering everything, Melanie's was controlling outcomes when she keeps losing Oliver so much as to become a computer program (the Minotaur popping back from her vape-fest in Ep 1 probably represents the unknown lurking around the corner to ruin everything maybe?) and cliffhanger was David jumping into Present Syd's maze.

That's mostly everything so far...

Part 2:

clarification on The Shadow King:

The Shadow King has 4 components so far this season. There's his physical body last seen with the Migo Order (Skrrrrt!), there's Ahmal Farouk hisself, there's Oliver, whose physical body SK inhabits (but who can also pops up as his own consciousness in the astral plane controlled by SK or be the face Farouk's wearing in the astral plane as he did Lenny last season) and Lenny whose consciousness SK absorbed last season when she died and basically possessed her astral form. Now, as he's now outed as Farouk and has no need for the masks (except in the sense of Oliver's physical body as he couldn't survive w/o a host in the real world for long) Lenny is becoming her own character. Especially the last two episodes you're getting some really cool, dark and interesting stuff on this persona of the junkie girl in a mental institution that the Shadow King was manipulating David through and got in their psychic realm. Her real self was basically on mute all last year as SK inhabited her and now she's being kept around as this psychic pet as she's trapped in this limbo of Shadow King's astral space. She tries to beg, bargain, kills herself multiple times while David & Farouk speak this last episode, but it's to no avail because her consciousness doesn't really exist outside the Shadow King anymore. Really interesting to see how that develops and how Oliver interplays with this gestalt Shadow King.

The Jon Hamm interstitials:

The first one compares madness to a maze. (made literal in tonight's episode)

The second one speaks of ideas and delusions.

The third one is perceptions of reality and how they can be shaped.

The fourth is how the mind can create physical effects on the body.

(Am I missing one? b/c delusions is "chapter 3" & umwelt/perceptions is "chapter 4" when I double-checked)

These are all themes, ideas and concepts being played out within the plot and very key to what's going on and possibly what's to come (like how the maze/madness concept from Ep 1 manifested in this ep)

Also, things like the delusion piece involved 2 characters, one who thought he was an animal and one who cut off his own leg. Syd is a cat a whole bunch & has no arm in the future. But, if I'm reading that right, is that a hint of what might happen to Syd or a hint that Future Syd is Shadow King's delusion herself? SK also made a physical fortune teller booth with an item from Syd's past on it. There's a lot going on there. Fun to see how it plays out.

And I got no idea what the cow is yet, but they've been revealing these things pretty quick.

Man.. so much going on in this episode.. a ton to digest

Thankfully still got 5 more episodes to the season

Last nights episode was the goods...it’s dope seeing the show set somewhere notmal, somewhere other than the hospital or division 3 HQ...

Back
Top Bottom