FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

i appreciate the subtle music choices (yung bans, gunna, earthgang, sahbabi, outkast, etc.), i appreciate the hairstyles they’ll have on the young dudes that appear on the show and im glad they finally got paperboi in some Gucci. Darius is well styled also. And sometimes they’ll reference regional **** like Zaxbys or Krystals or some ****.

Other than that and sometimes the lingo/accent Brian Tyree slips into (which u only notice if u know he dont really talk like that), it could be pretty much set in the black/urban part of any big city.

This is basically the same story for “The Chi”

Only show I can think of that really depicted a city is “The Wire”

I still am cracking up at the episode where Darius was talking about how that NBA Player had an Prototype Invisible Car from Google.

Then at the end of the episode you see him drive off in an invisible car, hitting people in the parking lot :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I thought S2E1 was good. Enjoyed seeing Kat Williams guest starring there.

I still am cracking up at the episode where Darius was talking about how that NBA Player had an Prototype Invisible Car from Google.

Then at the end of the episode you see him drive off in an invisible car, hitting people in the parking lot :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I thought S2E1 was good. Enjoyed seeing Kat Williams guest starring there.
Bro! Idk why, but that has been the FUNNIEST scene to me from both seasons. It was like a perfect punchline at the end of a comedy special. I was crying :lol:

Last edited:
This is basically the same story for “The Chi”

Only show I can think of that really depicted a city is “The Wire”
Just wanted to point out the wire was in the same boat as Atlanta and all the other shows after like season 2...coulda been any northeast city the last couple years :lol: :smh:

Did we see Earn's boy at all this season? The one he used to work with at the airport, I forget his name but he was one of my favorite's from last season.

DF65783E-CABF-4174-8DBE-5BFF165B4591.jpeg

That video really got people going overboard. He got a great TV show but calm down. Saw somebody compare him to Jamie Foxx... hell no.

Comparison is close. Except DG has substance in his work, vs Jamie just being very talented.

Also, I’m sure at this point you’ve seen articles and whatnot explaining the video. A lot of references to blackface/minstrel shows, American violence against black bodies, etc

FX submitted the following for Emmy consideration

Donald Glover- Outstanding Lead (Comedy)
Brian Tyree Henry- Outstanding Supporting Actor (Comedy)
Lakeith Stanfield- Outstanding Supporting Actor (Comedy)
Zazie Beatz (Outstanding Supporting Actress (Comedy)
Hiro Murai- Outstanding Director (Teddy Perkins)
Donald Glover- Outstanding Directing (FUBU)
Donald Glover- Outstanding Writing (Alligator Man)
Stephen Glover- Outstanding Writing (FUBU)
Stepehen Glover & Donald Glover- Original Song (Yo-Hoo)

:laff: At them submitting the Yohoo song. **** is catchy as fukk. Can you IMAGINE them white emmy voters listening to Clarke County talking about “We drink Yohoo like its Dirty Sprite!”

Also they submitted two guest actors but they weren’t named. I think its obvious that the two submissions are Kat Williams and the comedian who played Bibby.

Also, even though it wasn’t mentioned. I’m 99% sure that Teddy Perkins was submitted in the writing category. That ep was TOO good not to be submitted.

Just wanted to point out the wire was in the same boat as Atlanta and all the other shows after like season 2...coulda been any northeast city the last couple years :lol: :smh:
i don't know if atlanta had people from the area in different roles, but wire used different people from around the city to give it an authentic look

Back
Top Bottom