FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

As some said in here - I bet you they are on NT :lol:

As much as people are probably like, “I want to see Paper Boi’s rise in rap”, I'm like, do you actually want to see that? Do you want to see him like slowly work his way up the rap ladder? It's not that interesting. We get it, he's here now. You already know what he's about. Here's where he is right now and let's focus on these stories.

enhh. Im a little indifferent on this. Im definitely one of the ones that wanted to see his rise. We spent the first two seasons watching them lay the ground work for his rise to fame, then season 3 we just jump to him being a star and rich, but now we are sharing that screen time with side quest episodes (that I enjoy). Lol idk its just funny to me at least how hes like "do you really wanna see him slowly work his way up the rap ladder?" Which is very realistic in the music world, but in this very same world Ive seen unrealistic stuff like invisible cars, the teddy perkins fiasco, a living funeral ending in suffocation, kids tossing a baby around n so on. So who is to say they had to keep it that way? But whatever, all in all it doesnt matter, but me personally I woulda took more episodes building up and showcasing that and I would preferred the off shoot episodes as its own separate show.

y'all really wanna see the mixtape rapper rags to riches success story that has been done in every rapper movie or documentary ever?

We spent the first two seasons watching them lay the ground work for his rise to fame
Did we? Season 1 he got famous by episode two and was doing club appearances, celebrity games and tv shows. Even that was like half the screen time of the season. Season 2 only had a couple episodes that really focused on his career.

I just hope we get more of Tracy next season . Bruh was every homegrown atl dude I ever met lol

From season 1 had episodes like BAN, juneteenth, nobody beats the biebs, the Streisand effect

show was never really about the raise of paperboi in the game.. it was the characters in situations

even the season finale of the first season was earn trying find his jacket to get that key

Did we? Season 1 he got famous by episode two and was doing club appearances, celebrity games and tv shows. Even that was like half the screen time of the season. Season 2 only had a couple episodes that really focused on his career.

Season 2 had 5 episodes that were focused on the career aspect out of the 11. The other 6 werent really career focused, but at least had the actual cast in it. So definitely more than a couple, but I do feel your point that it wasnt the main driving force of the season, but I enjoy the characters, so maybe that is my gripe (I dont even want to call it that) with this season is that we have the one off episodes that dont involve them. I woulda just appreciated a separate show thats all.

Yeah Donald just sold it as that to FX as a trojan horse, otherwise it doesn't get made.

This.

y'all really wanna see the mixtape rapper rags to riches success story that has been done in every rapper movie or documentary ever?

With glovers spin on it, sure. Which we are getting I just woulda rather seen it all independently instead of sharing it with the twilight zone episodes.

I just hope we get more of Tracy next season . Bruh was every homegrown atl dude I ever met lol
If anything I think I may finally agree with those ATL NTers saying the show should have a different title back before they even saw the show.

Cuz I’m not sure going forward the show ever goes back to Atlanta :lol:

From season 1 had episodes like BAN, juneteenth, nobody beats the biebs, the Streisand effect

show was never really about the raise of paperboi in the game.. it was the characters in situations

even the season finale of the first season was earn trying find his jacket to get that key

And everything certain around the main characters, no matter how weird or off the track they went in regards to the "rise of paper boi, etc." the weird events always involved either Earn, Darius or Paper Poi.

So now when you have a season where half of the episodes don't have Earn, Darius or Paper Boi show up, of course there are going to be those that are going to puzzled by that.

I just want to see a grip of Donald, lakeith, and BTH on screen together. I don't care about seeing his "rap career." Unless we get a paperboi movie we got 1 more season of these dudes together I don't want to waste half of it on the side piece. It's harden, KD, and russy breaking up all over again.

I just want to see a grip of Donald, lakeith, and BTH on screen together. I don't care about seeing his "rap career." Unless we get a paperboi movie we got 1 more season of these dudes together I don't want to waste half of it on the side piece. It's harden, KD, and russy breaking up all over again.

This. I guess I worded it wrong initially saying I wanted to see his rap career rise. Like u said, I wanna see this cast together every episode, not the one offs (which are good!). At least I knew if it was gonna deal with the rap stuff you were guaranteed too get the trio. U hit the nail on the head.

In my opinion, they tried too hard to be deep/woke/profound and that came at the cost of the show’s overall entertainment value. A couple of good episodes, but overall I wasn’t with it.

Didn’t expect them to solely focus on the rise of Paper Boi, and it was actually cool to have seen them in a space where they were starting to realize some success… but there were too many times where I would ask myself “what the **** is this” while watching. :lol:

Last edited:
I enjoyed this season the most. Although I do need to go rewatch S2 as a refresher, I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Back
Top Bottom