FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

It's been two episodes and people are complaining about the setting.

Give it some time. We don't even know the characters yet.
laugh.gif

I couldn't care less about the authenticity of the environment. This show is needed for so many reasons.

Not a fan of CG but I'm here for this show.

Last edited:
Who in here goes to the Ultimate for $2 Tuesday?

NT ATL meet up...

Hell we can go to Burn Lounge. 
laugh.gif

just watched the first ep. cmon mayne...another tv show i need to catch up on? I didnt even start s2 of narcos yet because i dont have time. how can i ever be productive lol.

So much good TV right now.  I had to pause Narcos to catch the premiere of Atlanta. My girl got mad at me cause I paused it at a lit scene 
laugh.gif

So was the dude with the batman mask, who knocked on Paperboys door a goon? or just a weird fan?

So was the dude with the batman mask, who knocked on Paperboys door a goon? or just a weird fan?

Assuming he's a goon. Goons were looking at paperboy at the gas station too. It's like ever since the shooting, dude has become conscious

I was kinda stuck myself. Dude shoulda been like naw he don't live here. But I took it as a weird fan.

Got me wanting some wings now , but im trying eat healthy :lol: ...might go grab 5 of em either hot lemon pepper, hot old bay or the spicy Bbq joints :pimp: [emoji]128523[/emoji]

Was the dude with the sandwich real? I'm convinced it was just Earn's subconscious.

So is the show's portrayal of Atlanta an exaggeration or is there some accuracy?
I honestly didn't see anything exaggerrated about the city.

The type of characters I saw exist all over.
only thing atlanta so far is the setting and the way folks down here talk.

highly disappointed they had a dude from NY working at JR Crickets (the wing spot) though.

NY dudes don't move to ATL?
The area is filled with NYC transplants.

Don't know why ppl acting like that ain't a fact. See any random Hawks game :lol:

1st couple episodes was cool, felt like him being in jail dragged on too long tho ...when they were getting the wings, that was funny
The stare down Paperboy was given to the server when he told him not to 'let him down' :lol:  Paperboy's expression was hilarious.
They was trying him all ep! :rofl:

Its a wrap if ppl are staring me down at a gas station and a dude with a Batman mask just shows up to ask if I love there and then runs away.

Shoulda just been a show about ppl tryna make it in music and left off Atlanta. That brings a lot of expectations kinda.
I can understand this complaint but it's only been the first 2 eps. Let's see if they do more.

This obviously is gonna focus on this group and not some big ensemble cast though.

Last edited:
watched the first eps on youtube. i want to find an interview with glover on why he chose the music industry as a sort of centerpiece or means to get out of the struggle in this story.

the dialogue is smooth. actors come off as comfortable and it shows in the acting. glover might be an underrated actor idk, but he seems at home with the role.

there is a good splash of comedy, tho the first eps felt more like a drama. and that is great, it kept me engaged.

overall a good start, ill try and keep it in the rotation (gotta catch up on the get down, peaky blinders, house of cards and i want to start the night of, sons of anarchy, breaking bad, mr robot...:smh: idk if i can keep up with all of this lol)

^ You are bugging with that list :lol: There's like 4 shows that'll get you hooked and take up all your time once you start.

That list. RIP.
laugh.gif

Read in an avclub article that the whole writing room is made of younger black people. Really eager to see what they come up with and how they tell the story. I think it's safe to assume that this show is going to be pretty different from most of what's on TV now.

Kind of wish they would have went with a full hour, but a half hour could work. Real test is next week when we don't have two episodes. 22 minutes is really tight, especially when you have so much to tell as this show clearly does.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom