FYI: ** PICS IN SIGS ARE NOT ALLOWED**

Fellow NTer's,
I just wanted to remind you all that pics in signatures are NOT allowed. If you have a pic in your signature, PLEASE remove it. We don't allow it here because it slows things down (even more) for NTer's that don't have fast connections. I'm not talking about personal pics (the ones that appear beneath your username). I'm just talking about pics in signatures. Thanks, everyone. Peace!

-Mags

Mr. XL, you should "sticky" this, so that it will stay at the top of the page. That way, the violaters of the rules can see the post, and act to it.
...You are about to enter a world of pure imagination...

I was waiting for someone to tell 00soul and idoit4theluv.
"I dropped the same date as the Twin Towers..." - Jay-z - Tour Freestlye

Been changed MagsXL. How are the Seattle Pinays doing?
Originally WaveRder Oct. 23. 2000.
The outcome acceleration of gravity by the application by muscle power in the veritcal plant, thus producing low altitude earth orbit.
I BodyBoard not boogieboard, there's a difference.

I just wanted to add once again...if somebody has a 100k pic under his name it's worse than somebody who has an additional picture in his signature, with each pic having about 20k. I hope you get me...what I'd like to see is a size limit per member - one could add some flash features, or other pictures in his signature, as long as the total size doesn't exceed like...say...40k or something.

Other than that, hello Mags! Looks like you've been busy recently...

Ced
Dontread this sentence.

I'm with Ceddie on this. It's a matter of file size, not picture size. I have removed the flag from my sig, but that won't really increase/decrease loading time as it was on 1030 bytes.

The main offenders are those with large distracting pictures in the sigs, they shouldn't be there. That is more of an aesthetic problem.

But if it's really loading time we're out to curb, a far bigger problem is people using wallpapers and huge graphics as personal icons. If all pictures were edited to properly fit the 60x60 square, load time would cease to be a problem for this site.
[table][tr][td]
112.gif
[/td][td]Auctions[/td][td]
112.gif
[/td][td]
Website
[/td][td]
112.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them." -- Albert Einstein[/td][/tr][/table]

Thanks for the "ups" everyone. WaveRider...the Pinays...are...well...Pinays. What can I say? :wink:
wink.gif

Thanks to the Admin/Mod who "tacked" this thread to the top.

Captianlou and Ceddie...yeah, I've been busy lately. :wink:
wink.gif

Anyways, Ceddie. I totally hear where you're coming from. I just think that it is easier to enforce a "no pics in sig" rule than it is to enforce a size limit on personal pics. If you can find an easy (read: fast) way to enforce that rule, let me know. I'm not being sarcastic, either. Let me know what your thought are.

Thanks Mags. Ceddie i agree with you 100%. I think there's a NTer, mistayance (something like that), who has a HUGH personal pic. It's a wallpaper for his pic. Also please limit the GIF files too because some users are posting whole movies as there personal pic.
Clippers - NBA champions in at least the next 3 years.

I see the problem...you can easily check if somebody has a pic below his signature or not.........but checking the file sizes in each post? On each page? Impossible...

Is there a solution for this idea?

Ced
Dontread this sentence.

I see why this matters, its not the speed, it's the BANDWIDTH. Respect the rules NT'ers, holla back.

Easa

H A T E R T A L K . C O M

email the Punisher!!

Hit Me Up On Aim

I'm selling it all!
Jordan All XI Mids and Lows, All Colors of I's
Jordan XVI's Navy/White and Cherrywoods, Black/Cement III's
Jordan IV Black/Red, Jordan V White/Red, Jordan VI Black/Red
Air Force I PR2 Edition, Zoom Haven Black/Silver HK Edition
Flightposite I Charcoal/Red
All sizes 10-11, Deadstock, With Original Boxes and Retro Cards!

Please email me or reply with serious offers, thanks! I can give solid (50+) ebay feedback and NT feedback from veteran users.

"Buck-fifty a shot, Louis the 13th..."

I agree with Ceddie. I wouldn't know how to enforce "size limits" for each member, but it's a great idea. I had a flash sig once (some of you may remember) and I was asked for it to be removed even though it was only 7kb (if i remember correclty). Anyway... Keep up the good work mods.
[size=-2]I love my mind/love my soul/love my body/I dont drink or smoke/Thats why I love my body![/size]

Phase, that's only possible as an admin/moderator.

Imagine everybody "stick" their posts.
_DRT.This post copyright 2001 DRT, All Rights Reserved.
\n

I hope that all is well with you MagsXL.

BTW, have you noticed that in all of the "A Reminder About the Rules" posts that your name is not included in the list of Administrators and Moderators?

Have they forgotten about you :lol:
laugh.gif
?
[table]"Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling form one of the best left-right combos since Anna Nicole Smith."[/table]

how do you become part of the Niketalk mod/adm team?
Mikey: These are the rejects.
Chunk: Kinda like us, Mike. The Goonies!

SHOTZ:
GET OFF OF MY LOVE JOY! DAG, THAT WAS SOME HATER TYPE STUFF YOU DID DOG!
[h2]MY 3 AMIGO'S! STAY TUNED FOR THEM TO BE TEARIN RIMS DOWN IN AN ARENA NEAR YOU![/h2]​
al_harrington.jpg
dermarr_johnson.jpg
rodney_white.jpg
"Y'ALL BEEN TALKIN' TO THE JAKES TO OFTEN! I'LL LEAVE IN MIAMI WIT A HOLE IN YOUR HEAD, GETTIN MISTAKEN FOR DOLPHINS! ICE? JACOB CAN CUSTOM MAKE YOUR COFFIN! IT'S GHETTO ELF-A-B-O-L-O-U-S-L-O!"​

Here y'all go..........
"Y'ALL BEEN TALKIN' TO THE JAKES TO OFTEN! I'LL LEAVE IN MIAMI WIT A HOLE IN YOUR HEAD, GETTIN MISTAKEN FOR DOLPHINS! ICE? JACOB CAN CUSTOM MAKE YOUR COFFIN! IT'S GHETTO ELF-A-B-O-L-O-U-S-L-O!"​

Holdenmicheal,
Yeah, all is well with me. :wink:
wink.gif
I did see that my name was left off of those posts!!! Since the Mariners lost in the ALCS, I've gotten NO respect!!! LOL! Anyway, I hope all is well with you too!

Big Chunk Dogg,
That's a good question. If we were going to "hire" a new Admin/Mod, I'd like someone who:

-Visits Niketalk regularly (I haven't been a good example of that lately, though)....But we do need to have posts moved/locked/deleted on a regular basis. Even when I didn't post much for the past few weeks, I still dropped by and moved/deleted posts. That's a very important thing if we want to keep this board organized.

-Someone who has patience. ('Nuff said)

-Is VERY familiar with the NT rules and FOLLOWS them ('Nuff said)

-Is trustworthy. We need people who have integrity. I don't want any Ebay scam artist, Variant seller or any other kind of thief to represent Nike Talk.

-Shows an ability to exercise good judgement while being verbally attacked. Being flamed kinda comes with the territory. I think anytime you're seen as an "authority figure" you're put under a microscope. People question what we do and how we enforce the NT rules. We do get flamed on from time to time. I think it's important to have Admins/Mods who can handle those situations in a professional manner and not allow themselves to sink down to someone else's immature level.

-Someone who realizes that the title of Admin or Moderator does not make you any better than the next guy.

-A SHOEFREAK. You HAVE to love kicks to do this "job". This is a labor of love. We don't get paid for doing this, we don't get any official recognition from Nike or Jordan Brand. We move posts constantly. We lock posts constantly. We hand out warnings constantly. We unfortunately ban people once in a while. If you don't love kicks and you aren't a hardcore fan of NT, then being an Admin or Mod would be a tedious, unrewarding job. I love it though. I love all the info, laughs, and FRIENDS that I've made since I've been here.

That's just a few things that I personally look for. I don't THINK we're currently looking for another Admin or Mod, but who knows. There are actually MANY people who I think would do an awesome job. I've said this before and I'll say it again. You really don't need a title to help out. Anyone here can help out just by being respectful to other members and following the rules.

-Mags

(oh, thanks for removing the pic, Idiot4thelove!)

No doubt Mags! I just didn't like the way he just named me out of no where. I'm a grown man and as soon as i saw this, i was about to do it anyways. Peace and welcome back.

Thanks! Mags. I'm one of those peeps who has a slow comp. so I appreciate the note to those who use pics under their sigs.
I be kickin' it in the TechnoDrome!

Back
Top Bottom