G O A T + Flight Club Merger

What role were you applying for? I been trying to network with a few GOAT people at the GOAT gallery to scope out opportunities. Really dope place to work it seems especially as they continue to scale and this merger is big news
Just looked over analyst type roles

But I’m more interested in MedMen now

Just sold a pair on goat. They took like $53 in fees and cash out. Fees suck!

Fees are a part of it everywhere, unfortunately. You know what doesn’t suck? Not having to worry about chargebacks and ***** *** buyers trying to fraud you!

Reactions: Ube
The main positive of selling thru consignment.

I still don’t know who bought who but from what my people at FCLA are saying...fc bought goat.

Stock x is great for buyers but not for sellers.

The nickel and diming that goes on is hilarious.

Stock x is making money off these idiot sellers who do it for the e-cred but it’s not sustainable if you have these heavy hitting brick and mortars monopolizing the space.

Sellers are going to be conditioned to be patient and sell at a higher price point like in the past cause fc has a quick sell through.

The sheep and “influencers” complained about availability and now we’re back to limited releases.

This just makes it so much easier to cash out on the impatient, the hypesters and trend hoppers.

Stadium goods will be opening a Los Angeles location.

Kith coming to the block too.

Everyone who thinks FC is struggling are misinformed.

FC rent on fairfax is like $60-80 a sq/ft

It’s not cheap. Their managers are salaried, too.

I just wish I came up with the app.

And R2 isn’t competing with Flight Club.

R2 is purely a “cool” spot who’s appeal is wearing thin with how their beginning to price their cash outs.

They were offering $275 for yeezys and that didn’t sit well with people since they were selling for $450-500

The main positive of selling thru consignment.

I still don’t know who bought who but from what my people at FCLA are saying...fc bought goat.

Stock x is great for buyers but not for sellers.

The nickel and diming that goes on is hilarious.

Stock x is making money off these idiot sellers who do it for the e-cred but it’s not sustainable if you have these heavy hitting brick and mortars monopolizing the space.

Sellers are going to be conditioned to be patient and sell at a higher price point like in the past cause fc has a quick sell through.

The sheep and “influencers” complained about availability and now we’re back to limited releases.

This just makes it so much easier to cash out on the impatient, the hypesters and trend hoppers.
Well, I don't know which people you got at FC and what they are talking about, G O A T acquired FC not the other way around.

StockX prices have been low sometimes when I compare prices, not a place I will sell any shoes for sure.

man i love flight club... they sell my shoes at some absurd prices but i get a good return... i think i only bought like 1 shoe from there which was an air force 1 for 150... so im not even mad about the prices there

Stadium goods will be opening a Los Angeles location.

Kith coming to the block too.

Everyone who thinks FC is struggling are misinformed.

FC rent on fairfax is like $60-80 a sq/ft

It’s not cheap. Their managers are salaried, too.

I just wish I came up with the app.

And R2 isn’t competing with Flight Club.

R2 is purely a “cool” spot who’s appeal is wearing thin with how their beginning to price their cash outs.

They were offering $275 for yeezys and that didn’t sit well with people since they were selling for $450-500

Perhaps consider the overhead costs you're referring to are not a sign of success but one of the reasons they came to the table with GOAT and/or its investors.

Flight Club's business model is probably not as scalable as GOAT or StockX, that's just the nature of brick and mortar stores vs online apps. This deal probably gives FC the resources to continue its current operations while focusing on cutting costs and improving margins without jacking up fees or prices which make them even more uncompetitive. Meanwhile GOAT gets additional revenue streams and increased market share while also being able to have a future route of opening retail locations or drop off points for major cities.

Well, I don't know which people you got at FC and what they are talking about, G O A T acquired FC not the other way around.

StockX prices have been low sometimes when I compare prices, not a place I will sell any shoes for sure.

I need concrete proof cause they both worded it to make it seem one bought the other depending on which email you got.

Not sure why people continue to say that FC will jack up fees. There are enough players now that if they raise fees enough seller will go elsewhere. Same can be said about GOAT. Theres no loyalty to the selling platform. What it boils down to is how much the seller gets back. Whatever they do GOAT needs to up their customer service standards.

If I had to guess it's GOAT buying FC. Doesn't matter to me what emails say or how they're worded, thats just spin for their customers.

I'll say one thing about GOAT that kinda irritates me is that they switched to USPS. There have been 3 or 4 times already that my shoes got there on a Friday, delivery was attempted on Saturday (they're closed) and then they sit at the post office until GOAT picks them up (usually Monday), and then I get paid Tuesday. Seems like a lot of wasted days. With UPS at least you knew they'd be delivered when GOAT was open.

What's crazy but I remember years ago a thread that came up where people on NT actually came up with the idea of being the middle man like a Goat or Stock X, but we never moved from there.

It was a thread about selling on ebay and that's what lead us to coming up with the idea... yuku days too.

Last edited:
I'll say one thing about GOAT that kinda irritates me is that they switched to USPS. There have been 3 or 4 times already that my shoes got there on a Friday, delivery was attempted on Saturday (they're closed) and then they sit at the post office until GOAT picks them up (usually Monday), and then I get paid Tuesday. Seems like a lot of wasted days. With UPS at least you knew they'd be delivered when GOAT was open.
Oh word, what state are you? I always get a UPs label here in Cali. When I ship anything pass 5pm on a Thursday, which is when UPS picks up outgoing mail from most location, i know for sure I will see my funds until Monday.

I'd rather just sell to Sole Supremacy, man. They usually offer market price slightly under.

I'd rather just sell to Sole Supremacy, man. They usually offer market price slightly under.

before Goat/StockX thats who I used even before they blew up

I don't think they offer market prices because how will they make money? they aren't flight club where they charge 20-30% more than market value.

I haven't sold to them in years so not sure on their pricing anymore but they were pretty fair back then

before Goat/StockX thats who I used even before they blew up

I don't think they offer market prices because how will they make money? they aren't flight club where they charge 20-30% more than market value.

I haven't sold to them in years so not sure on their pricing anymore but they were pretty fair back then
They buy for market price or slightly under and charge slightly above market price because they have the rep to do so.

Also..when it comes to buying specific sneakers..I'd only trust known consignments..we've heard of too many horror stories

theres certain kicks I'd never cop on the bay

Back
Top Bottom