Garnett III retro info? Just saw sample pics of both OG colors....

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

This is not tha first sig shoe to be retroed by Nike that was named after a player who was no longer on there books.

The Air Max (CW) Chris Webber became the Air Max Sensation.

Back to the Garnetts Big Ticket would be a good name for them aslong as Kevin doesnt own any rights to that name wich im pretty sure he doesnt.Yes the OBF will be gone for obviouse reasons and tuned air is no longer used in Nike shoes(I thoughts it became zoom no?).

Like all other classic basketball Nikes that are retroed the quality and materials will be less because this is no longer an up to date performance shoe and really is just there for nostalgia for sneaker heads like ourselves that love this shoe so please dont complain guys cop if u like if u dont dont.

Still have my black/baby blue OGs havent worn them a tone of times but they have held up well it is 10 years since they released after all hard to believe I know makes me feel old.

Peace
Scottie
oops, forgot about that one.....

Go to GettyImages.com. Type in "Kevin Garnett 1999", or "Kevin Garnett 2000", and presto....

I'm coppin' both colorways. I don't care about the subtraction of the KG references, Tuned Air, or the fact that KG is with Adidas. This shoe looksthe same, and I look forward to owning both colorways again.

Originally Posted by offbad

why no tuned air?

I have a vague recollection that Nike don't fully own the rights to the Tuned Air design(?)

The Tuned Forces and Big Flyers were some of the best hoops shoes i've ever owned, but tuned air just seemed to disappear from Nike Basketball alltogther.

I beat both shoes into the ground, and always regretted it.

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

This is not tha first sig shoe to be retroed by Nike that was named after a player who was no longer on there books.

The Air Max (CW) Chris Webber became the Air Max Sensation.

True. Although in that case the heel cushioning remained much the same.
They never retroed the black/royal colorway either... Could really have gone for a pair of those for old times sake.
My OG pair crumbled in 03 and i was gutted.

Originally Posted by Untitled

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

Youth size are on NDC. They're called the Nike FP.
wrong shoe....thats the NIKE fun police.
Sure is the Fun Police. Damn hybrids playing tricks on me.
roll.gif
Flashback the yellow coats.

so...
whts the deal?!
any solid info yet? r they really gonna be retro?! if yes, thts a very good news to me!!! cant miss out this time!

i saw those pics couple weeks ago, a person said is tht garnett IIIs? all ppl replied fun police... but from wht i saw i was doubting, i would defintely saythey r different from the fun police~ i think they r Garnett IIIs...

Man that pic brings back memories...

Garnett in that timberwoles jersey was such a dope image...

and with the G III's... wow...

Mighty mouse in the background too...

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Originally Posted by swingshot

I'm wondering if this means other Tuned hoops shoes are on the way.
Wore my Tuned Forces into the ground, and still regret it all these years later.
I'm thinking not, since these won't have Tuned Air...

All and all...I guess it was time to try these again...but, I doubt they will sell well...they'll do just like the Pippen 1's...NYC cats will jump all over them the first few weeks...a lot of stores in NYC will sell out...the rest of the country will sit and wait for them to go on sale...

These need to be VERY limited to avoid sales racks, as the OGs sold poorly in most areas of the country...

JM
my question is why no tuned air? the air max plus still comes out, and that has tuned air in it....or is that a fake tuned air bag?

Nike Zoom Gradient III is what it should be called....

Hold On..........Anybody Notice The Silver 1/2 Cent....I Know I'm Not The Only One That Seen Those In The Pic WOW They Need To Drop Those....

Back
Top Bottom