General Info On Body Kits For Car

Recently my sky lark clunk out on me and the repairs exceed the cars worth. I ended up buying my uncles 94 cougar xr7. Hes really into cars and owns multiplecars and maintains all of them pretty well. After driving it and and inspecting it I felt like something was missing from it. So I have been consideringputting a body kit on it. Im by far not into cars at all This is gonna be the third car that I own and Im into this one the most and wanted to fix it up a bit.So my question is for those who have done this before how expensive is it to get it done? And beside visual appeal would u say that its worth it?

the car before not pics of the actual one i own but this is the same color and condition

19t6gw.jpg

two kits i have been considering

Razzi Body Kit

2unzp76.jpg

Urethane SC Body Kit & Wing

27y0umq.jpg

any useful info and opinions will be appreciated and considered

You going to put a kit on a Cougar?

It's not worth it AT ALL, man. I'm not sure how much you paid for your car, but just quality paint for the kit will run around $1,000. I'm surethat's a substantial percentage of what you paid for the car.

It's not worth it AT ALL, man. I'm not sure how much you paid for your car, but just quality paint for the kit will run around $1,000. I'm sure that's a substantial percentage of what you paid for the car.

see this is actual valuable info . ok see I didnt know the paint is gonna around about $1000. I dont know much about customizing cars so thanks for informingme

I concur, dont do it. A body kit is just one part of fixing up the looks of a car. You wouldn't want a cheap one, plus you have to get it painted.You'll probably need better rims cause a nice body kit + crappy wheels = lame. and so on and so forth. You don't put all that money and work into a 15year old car.

Originally Posted by Sun Of Knowledge

It's not worth it AT ALL, man. I'm not sure how much you paid for your car, but just quality paint for the kit will run around $1,000. I'm sure that's a substantial percentage of what you paid for the car.

see this is actual valuable info . ok see I didnt know the paint is gonna around about $1000. I dont know much about customizing cars so thanks for informing me
You can get it painted for less, a la MAACO route. Bu like I said, quality paint job ain't cheap. They might have a hard time paint matchingthe car too since it's old and weathered up.

I concur, dont do it. A body kit is just one part of fixing up the looks of a car. You wouldn't want a cheap one, plus you have to get it painted. You'll probably need better rims cause a nice body kit + crappy wheels = lame. and so on and so forth. You don't put all that money and work into a 15 year old car.

Yeah i was thinking about that too if I do the kit then imma gonna have to change the wheels and more then likely i want to change some more stuff later ontoo.Honestly Im not concered about the age of the car either. Actually under the hood as alot of new parts. My uncle has been a mechanic for over 30 years and hedid a in depth inspection.I actually prefer older cars and have different taste then most. But yeah I do agree with u about the additional changes that willcome along with it and I dont think I would want to take it that far. If u gonna do it do it right or dont do it at all

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Sun Of Knowledge

see this is actual valuable info . ok see I didnt know the paint is gonna around about $1000. I dont know much about customizing cars so thanks for informing me
You can get it painted for less, a la MAACO route. Bu like I said, quality paint job ain't cheap. They might have a hard time paint matching the car too since it's old and weathered up.

I doubt you'll be impressed by this car even if you did add some paint or bodykit to it. Save your money towards your next whip man.

why would you wanna spend money on that rather then save for another car imageimageimagewow

Everyone has different standards. some triy to impress others some do it cause they want to make themselves happy. Whats wrong with restoring or working on anolder car if u like it..

I doubt you'll be impressed by this car even if you did add some paint or bodykit to it. Save your money towards your next whip man.

I actually like the outcome of how it looks in the pictures if it came out like that then yes I would be satisfied. But as stated before I didnt know it wasthat costly so more then likely i wont do it.

Do it mayne. NT needs another car to be amused by, the saturn is tired.

Afrer what someone posted about the paint job and getting new wheels and possible future upgrades i may want.. I decided its not worth it and did not considerthose factors. Aside from nt thinking that its dumb because they dont like car or cause its too old i really honestly dont give a damn about those opinions.

IF that was my car and ONLY if I had no intentions of getting rid of it, would I do 3 things.

Slam it and get a rear sway
Get some tasteful wheels..... keyword tasteful, not toretto
Smaller tires

Back
Top Bottom