Gentrified Hiphop a unwritten genre?

salty Nicki Minaj motivate aside, some of these dudes i never heard of in my life with millions upon millions of views on YouTube...who da EFF is NF?

feels like da labels know they can't really market da artists to da traditional hiphop demographic, so they make em for consumption for their suburban waspy demo.

its been something that has been foretold to us for years and years and now anyone can easily see it.
rap might really become just like rock and jazz and so many of us are lost or caught up in the moment and getting a dollar that we don't give a ****. smh.

It's pretty wild seeing it. It's definitely happening. I don't listen to no one on that list but old Em. Everyone else, **** them. Wypipo definitely taking over rap in the next 10-15 years.

I don't **** with Nicki but it's cool to see her post it and bring some light to it.

da question really is if you subscribe to da fact that rap is a meritocracy, or is it a fellowship with certain tenants to adhere to before granted admission.

This is what happens when new fans that don't really care hip hop think it shouldn't be any rules. It allows these dudes to not have any connection to black people but succeed in black culture.

I ain't even know Macklomore and MGK was still dropping stuff. They've never had black fans. I don't get how any black person can rock with Post Malone.

but keep arguing north versus south while the whole genre gets overtaken and they start dictating the rules

I think it's going to be a division within rap. It's going to be a pop side and our side. I think it's going to be harder or black rappers to become mainstream, because they won't get that push.

Who really cares what some charts say. If you don't like it then don't listen to it. People get on my nerves with this gentrification and appropriation crap. If these artists are talented enough to make good music, who's to say they can't? Their race? In the words of Kenny Smith 'we as black people should be the last ones complaining about inclusion'.

Who really cares what some charts say. If you don't like it then don't listen to it. People get on my nerves with this gentrification and appropriation crap. If these artists are talented enough to make good music, who's to say they can't? Their race? In the words of Kenny Smith 'we as black people should be the last ones complaining about inclusion'.

who cares what the charts say??? this is basically a representation of what is currently the most popular rap..... it's being defined by low quality music being put out by white artist.

This is a BLACK genre, intended to speak to black people & they're lifestyles. If we keep going at this rate the genre we built & supported is being taken over by white people & stripped of vital aspects.

The charts basically represents what's being listened to by white people. Is it that far fetched that they prefer or want to listen to their own race?
We know the origins of hip hop and that will never change. Ever. If another race wants to do it? So? If you don't like it then don't listen. I know damn will I'm not bumping no damn Gucci gang.

I see the point people are making but I just don't agree with it. Nor do I care about the race of the artists.

There hasn't been a single thing on this planet created by black people that white people haven't actively tried to Redo & claim as their own. The charts represent what's being consumed by mainstream America, if you don't see the kind of harm can be caused to the genre by white people basically being the posterchildren for "hiphop" i'm not sure what to say.

I BEEN talking about this :lol:. And posted about it earlier in the summer. Always been interesting to me.

We going to discuss how Post Malone....like G-Eazy, Macklemore, Machine Gun Kelly etc.....is once again bypassing the collective urban/rap consciousness and culture on his way to major chart success and sales? Dude has the #8 song in the country. I remember a few months ago...MGK had the #5 song in the country....and it had no impact on the culture.

It's alsways interested to watch the white rappers get fast tracked to top 40....and get played on that format with the Katy Perrys of the world. Something black artist can't do.

On another note. Streaming is helping urban artist cook on the charts like it's the early 00s again though. It's refreshing to see some hip hop being successful on the charts. Tee Grizzley and Lucci with huge singles that reflect the positioning.

Drake getting kinda cold too btw. Khaled has now found the cheat code. He should forever be grateful to Snapchat. That did so much for him.

Honestly, it isn’t anything New.

The most "All lives matter" ever lol

Black folks just gon make something else that’s poppin just like when they take over everything else before

I just feel like lots of people find the most negative angle on the smallest issue to complain about and find a racist argument.

My favorite album of the year is the new boosie tape and he's lowkey one of my favorite artists despite not seeing much commercial success. There are lots of factors that play into him not being in the charts but I legit don't care and love the music that I like regardless.

Last edited:
I'm not too cheap to tip at restaurants like you though.
i guess that was suppose to be ur comeback???
i give 2 ***** on what u tip at a restaurant
so why u worried bout what i tip
and that STILL
doesn't gloss over the fact
that ur opinion in this thread
based on what u consider ur favorite album off the year
is trash

How Eminem's "Sing for the Moment" Ruined White Rap Forever

https://noisey.vice.com/en_au/artic...-sing-for-the-moment-ruined-white-rap-forever

6DE80A14-8532-4262-A97B-97BC1CC112F7.jpeg

Ehhh, I'm not blaming Em for that ****. Blacks and hispanics were listening to Em back then. These new white guys, blacks and hispanics aren't listening to except maybe Post Malone. Not sure why but cats keep giving that clown a pass.

Ehhh, I'm not blaming Em for that ****. Blacks and hispanics were listening to Em back then. These new white guys, blacks and hispanics aren't listening to except maybe Post Malone. Not sure why but cats keep giving that clown a pass.

Not really

Only young kids. Adults weren't listening to that My Name is crap. Adults were wondering why a 30 year old man was making that and had a fake *** on.

If you were 16 and up when Em came out, most likely you weren't listening to him

Last edited:

Not really

Only young kids. Adults weren't listening to that My Name is crap. Adults were wondering why a 30 year old man was making that and had a fake *** on.

If you were 16 and up when Em came out, most likely you weren't listening to him

8B283D11-8519-44D2-9DA0-EBD0927A48B8.gif

The article is illustrating how a certain sound that Eminem made (rap/rock anthems for white people)....influenced the white rappers (who wreee Young then) that we see today....and they make music largely from that template...for that audience solely.

That’s why they exist outside the black/Latino consciousness of hip hop.

I even highlighted the **** for y’all :smh: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom