George Karl has flown in Coby Karl to CHEAT!

Thing is we don't run the triangle much.

We are more effective when we run the pick and roll.

Originally Posted by 255forLife

lg_pippen_ap_01.jpg
RickJames.jpg

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Wouldn't this have made more sense before the series started?

Blog/article from May 18th: http://blogs.pe.com/prosports/2009/05/coby-karl-nuggets-spy.html

If the Lakers discover the Denver coaching staff shouting out their sets before they run them tonight, they can blame an otherwise innocuous roster move made the morning of their season opener against Portland.

That was the day the Lakers trimmed their roster to 14 by cutting guard Coby Karl.

holdenmichael is right. this is old news. more from link above written before the series even started.

Coby Karl, Nuggets spy
8:18 PM Mon, May 18, 2009 | Permalink | Comments (0)
Posted by: Jeff Eisenberg
If the Lakers discover the Denver coaching staff shouting out their sets before they run them tonight, they can blame an otherwise innocuous roster move madethe morning of their season opener against Portland.

That was the day the Lakers trimmed their roster to 14 by cutting guard Coby Karl.

The son of Denver coach George Karl, has since fed his father every bit of inside intelligence he garnered during his 15-month stint with the Lakers in hopesof giving the Nuggets a leg-up in the Western Conference Finals.

Among the highlights of the younger Karl's report: Tips on containing Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom, a recap of how the Lakers coaches advised the team defendCarmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith, and an amusing look inside Phil Jackson's film room before last year's first-round series against Denver.

"He told me that had a tape of us that had cartoons spliced in when we would run and get a dunk," George Karl said. "They would have a cartoonMickey Mouse going "Ouch" or getting hit over the head with a hammer just to emphasize we can't let them do this."

A favorite among Lakers fans despite minimal playing time, Coby Karl appeared in 17 games for the franchise last season, averaging 1.8 points and 0.8 reboundsin 4.2 minutes. He struggled this preseason shooting from the perimeter, failing to beat out rookie guard Sun Yue for the team's 14th roster spot.

Jackson downplayed the significance of the younger Karl serving as an informant for his father this week since he hasn't been with the Lakers since thepreseason.

"He's a heady ballplayer so he can give his father a lot of things, but the reality is George and I have probably coached against each other 70 timesin our careers," Jackson said. "There's a lot of things we can go back to, look at and know about. He's fully aware of what wedo."

lol Umm.. It's not cheating.. There's no non-compete clause in the NBA lol..

Anyways, I doubt Coby Karl is gonna present any ingenious insight!
roll.gif
Don't they have paid staff members to do this kinda crap? Like learn otherteams' offenses and figure out how to defend them?!

I didn't believe the Nugget nation on here, but now I'm convinced. George Karl has no clue what he is doing out there. What about game film? And thetriangle isn't what beat you. It was your trap on Kobe at the top corner with a post player flashing to the middle for a quick post move.

he didn't even have enough time to fully learn the triangle and plus they aren't running it as much as they normally do anyway.....desperate

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
- IF THIS IS INDEED TRUE !!!

pimp.gif
To George Karl but not giving a %**+, what the world will think if itdoesn't work. If it works than George Karl is THE, TRUE COACH !!!!

but I'll
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
watching if the Lakers takes care of business tonight !!

First to George Karl - If he can't get his job done himself he doesn't deserve to be coaching an NBA team. Come on, seriously!! It's his job to dothis stuff...on his own together with his coaching staff.

Now to Coby Karl - that dude is never gonna play for another NBA team in his life. Who wants a snitch on their team?

This is just so lame on the part of the Thuggets and George Karl all you can do is laugh about it. They should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves fordoing this. Once again SMH at the thuggets.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Am I the only one who doesn't care about this?
nerd.gif
posted in game 1 thread....

JapanAir21 wrote:
roll.gif

Goodnight LA, nice run this year.

Someone got a Nuggets sig?
pfffft...you should care if you're all of a sudden asking for a nuggets sig
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom