GEORGETOWN BASKETBALL THREAD- Recap

na I remember from an old post your pic thread some oakton hooper posted himself, and that AJ is your boy..

i go to oakton and was just wondering how our squad was going to look this year..

Oh alright, yeah I remember that

seems like a lota talent there from kids who were castoffs :lol:
laugh.gif
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

Ya theres definetly some castoffs there..I like the coach though..Steve Pratt made that school respectable now

Let me know what's the deal when you see him.

^ yeah, he's playin ball this year..doesn't want to tho, lol...I forget the name of the school

Anyone goin tonight???

Get this...5 of the top 25 kids in the 09 class will be in attendance..along with Monroe and Gilchrist plus some 2010 recruits....

We're back, on the court and off

Reading a thread on Hoyatalk, somebody was droppin info on how we coulda had

Kenny Anderson
Grant Hill
Larry Johnson
Chris Jackson (Abdul Rauf)
Steve Francis

ONLY if Pops recruited more actively. Which I don't see JT3 ever doing, at least in the near future

That is insane, I knew about Grant and Kenny, but not the others
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

"It's been really nice," Monroe said. "I've had a good time. The campus is really nice, people are really friendly. It's been a good experience."

Monroe said he has had both breakfast and dinner with Coach Thompson since arriving on the Hilltop.
"He is really intelligent," Monroe said of Thompson. "He runs a very good program. I think he picked up exactly where his father left off."

Monroe declined to say if there was a leader for his services, saying he wanted to make the most of all of his visits. When I spoke with him, he was chatting with freshman guard Chris Wright and several of Wright's friends. Monroe seemed at ease, clowning around with Jack the Bulldog (the man in the costume, not the actual dog) and speaking with several of Georgetown's other returning players
HOYAS

allen3xis

What I'm about to ask doesn't make any sense at all but do you know when Syracuse's official Midnight Madness is? There hasn't been any mention by the school. The only "Midnight" Madness that I know of is next week at 8 P.M. and that is the early one. I'm not going b/c at the same time they're premiering American Gangster at the school.
TEAM SYRACUSE ORANGE​
O7-08 Big East Champs​
TeamWolfShirts
"my d*ck grew 2 inches with this bad boy."

PSN ID: jhawkcuse

Actually funny you ask that :lol:
laugh.gif
Quote:
The only "Midnight" Madness that I know of is next week at 8 P.M. and that is the early one
HOYAS

It's not tonight because it's Homecoming weekend and the Gym Class Heroes are performing tonight. The AD must have figured that there wouldn't be a huge turnout.
TEAM SYRACUSE ORANGE​
O7-08 Big East Champs​
TeamWolfShirts

Well I am pleased to hear that Monroe committed. 2008 class is very strong now with Clark, Sims, Braswell, and now Monroe!
Although out of the four, Sims needs the most work still...Braswell needs help academically.
Be ready for Austin Freeman, you punk.

As my first post of the new season, I am pleased to report that the #1 recruit in the country, Greg Monroe has verbally committed to Georgetown, hopefully becoming the centerpiece of the Hoyas' 2008 recruiting class and another addition to the already long line of Georgetown big men.

bask+monroe+061407.jpg
ed working on its present, its future got a major boost. Greg Monroe, a 6-foot-10 forward from Louisiana who is considered the nation's top high school senior, made an unofficial commitment to the Hoyas, according to his high school coach, Tyron Mouzon.

Monroe, the No. 1 rated player in the Class of 2008 according to Rivals.com, plans on signing a letter-of-intent when the early signing period begins Nov. 14. He is the fourth senior to unofficially commit to the Hoyas, joining 6-8 forward Chris Braswell of Hargrave Military Academy (ranked 63rd by Rivals.com), 6-10 forward Henry Sims of Mount Saint Joseph (64th), and 6-2 guard Jason Clark of O'Connell (89th).

Mouzon said he was somewhat surprised that Monroe committed so quickly, because he still had scheduled visits to Texas, Duke and Connecticut in the upcoming weeks. Monroe visited LSU last weekend.

"He originally said that he wanted to take all five visits," Mouzon said. "But he also said that once he felt good about a place, once he felt comfortable, he would make a decision."

Monroe has said he was looking for a program with an established coach that has helped develop players for the NBA. On Friday night, he was part of a capacity crowd of 2,500 at McDonough Arena for Georgetown's Midnight Madness, and he was greeted with chants of "Greg Mon-roe! Greg Mon-roe!" from the students in attendance.

He watched as the green Seattle SuperSonics jersey of Jeff Green -- the Big East player of the year, who was the fifth overall pick in June's NBA draft -- was revealed, alongside the NBA jerseys of 21 other Hoyas. He also saw the four Georgetown seniors -- likely future lottery pick Roy Hibbert, Jonathan Wallace, Tyler Crawford and Patrick Ewing Jr. -- unveil the 2007 Final Four banner. He even saw Coach John Thompson III dance.

Earlier this month, Monroe told the New Orleans Times-Picayune he liked Georgetown because "they have a very good coaching staff. [Thompson III] is a very smart coach. Their style of play and style of offense would probably be a very good fit for me. Nobody is confined to the post. You can touch the ball inside and at the top of the key and on the wing. That's appealing to me."

Monroe, 17, who takes honors classes at Helen Cox High in Harvey, La., was dominant during USA Basketball's Youth Development Festival during the summer. He averaged 24 points, 12.6 rebounds and 3.6 blocks against some of the top prospects in the country.

"I think his greatest strength is his ability to do everything well," Mouzon said of Monroe, who turned 17 in June. "At 6-10, he can bring the ball up the court, he can pass like a point guard, he's got great vision and feel for the game, he's athletic, he makes people better. He has a huge upside because he's so young."
HOYAS, GET BIG.​

kinda glad Monroe's going to G-Town...just didn't want him going to Loserville.
BELIEVE​

those kids sellin the shirts are two of my boys. had blue versions last year.

i was grilling at midnight madness, kicked it with monroe for a little bit. we have these big half-pound burgers that we make and i gave one to his pops and his mom and he said he didn't want one at first, but after about two minutes he came back like "yo, can i still get one son?"

studentorgs.georgetown.ed...2&ID=24256

Monroe committed early. LOL.
Dude was swearing up and down he was gonna take every visit.

Great pickup, though.

looking to trade ds white/navy lebron 4's
for something decent. holla.

WOW

I can't believe we got him

the number one player in the class, first time since Zo

INCREDIBLE

JT3 is AMAZING

:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
HOYAS

watchin the vids...Jessie always catches me off guard when he takes off :lol:
laugh.gif
HOYAS

I'm talkin to myself but whatever :lol:
laugh.gif
WE'RE BACK

As in, we run @#%$. Recruting, on court play. everything.

I never thought I'd see this program back like this

NEVER

Too think I wanted Bobby Gonzales or Johnny Dawkins over Jt3 :lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
HOYAS

On a national scene, no..no program does that

but as in..

DC/MD/VA, not a question about it. And on the court, we'll be top 3 in conference for the future.

JT3 took borderline top 100 prospects, has turned 2 of them into lotto picks.

Like I said the players and talent are getting on par with the coaching

A quote from an MD fan..

"Anyone who they make a priority, we can forget about"

pimp.gif
HOYAS

I honestly believe that it's going to be a fight to the finish for the BE title b/w G'Town, 'Cuse and L'ville.
TEAM SYRACUSE ORANGE​
O7-08 Big East Champs​
TeamWolfShirts

Back
Top Bottom