GEORGETOWN BASKETBALL THREAD- Recap

" src="http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/pimp.gif">

Midnight Madness is Friday at 11pm EST...and will be shown on ESPNU....rumors of Lil Wayne performing too? Monroe, Gilchricst, Deshonte Riley and otherrecruits will be in attendence. As far as Kenner League goes, there were no big surprises, just expected improvement from players.

My introduction to this years squad...

1425898.jpeg

Jessie Sapp - Our best guard, yeah I said it. Minus the Vandy game...he was GREAT down the stretch. Everyone talks about JWall being thepoint, but Sapp took those duties over and let John play on the wing and look for a jumper. Jessie makes great decisions, a better passer than expected. He isa throwback a guy who coulda been a Hoya in the 80's, a tough kid and plays hard nosed D. His jumper isn't pretty but it gets ok results. He is alittle slow too, but he manages (see UNC). The thoughts of Freeman or Wright taking his job can be forgotten.

1425901.jpeg

Johnathan Wallace - Steady as they come. A 4 year starter now. This was a kid told by JT3, you come with me to Gtown, you're not gonaplay. He's proved everyone wrong. One of the best shooters in the country now. Doesn't force the issue, not a playmaker but he knows the offense andgets the ball in the right spots. Hopefully he continued his work on creating his own shot. He showed the ability to do so in the OSU game. He is small andlacks strength/athleticism.

1425900.jpeg

Dajuan Summers- The X factor this season. Has got to take his game to another level and fill in for Jeff Green. Nobody should expect him to be Jeff, but hewill need to score and rebound more. Things that he needs to improve on are ; body control, his handle and perimiter D. He can go inside and out and really hasa nice stroke. He is a star in the making.

1425890.jpeg

Patrick Ewing JR - He devolped as a basketball player so much last year. He's just not an athletic kid anymore. This will be his 3rd year learning theoffense and I see him taking more of the Jeff role than anyone. He should he can pass and play on the perimiter along with going inside. Love his intesity.Still torn on whether he should start or remain the 6th man.

1425893.jpeg

Roy Hibbert - A man on a mission, Will be incredible this year. He finally after 3 years is a well conditioned and coordinated athlete. Now the focus is juston his game, which is damn good. Not your typical 7'2 guy, he understands the offense. NEEDS to stay outa foul trouble, nothing good comes from trying tocheck guards on the perimiter. I'd like to see the rebounding numbers go up. One thing I love about Roy is he steps up to the competition.

1425892.jpeg

Austin Freeman - I really look foward to seeing him play. He's the biggest recruit since ?..Anthony Perry? Let's hope his career goes a little better.This will show JT3's "Princeton on Steroids" with players like this. From what I know, he can score, not a selfish player though. Just seeing hisdeamenor, it reminds me of Jeff. I think he might start depending on how he picks things up early on.

1425894.jpeg

Vernon Macklin - X Factor #2....I'm perfectly content with Vernon on the offensive side at this point. No it's not pretty but he has the little hookand gets garbage points. The real work here is on defense, just always outa position. I'm fully expecting a much improved Macklin and he will come off thebench and contribute. Hopefully he hit the weights too.

1425897.jpeg

Jeremiah Rivers- Why everyone hated him last year, I don't know. He was a freshman point guard in this system coming off an injury. He's our bestperimiter defender and one of the best in the country. His offense needs work, but he doesn't kill us last year. Without him we lose @ Cincy last season.

1425909.jpeg

Chris Wright - The foot injury is going to put him behind. Everything I've heard about him is great though. A playmaker who can get in the lane and alsocan shoot. Like Freeman, it's going to be fun seeing such talented guys in this offense.

1425888.jpeg

Tyler Crawford - I say for the first part of the year, he is a real contributor. He got lost in the shuffle after getting sick last year. But, this kid knowsthe offense, knows his role and play's D. Plus he is the leader on this team.

1425903.jpeg

Omar Wattad - Not expecting anything. Seems like a good kid.

1425896.jpeg

Nikita - People have been saying he's better than what was thought of. Again I can't see any contributions coming. Maybe someday he has a DJ Owens typerole. Or maybe just the new Sead?

If I had to pick a lineup as of now

Sapp
Wallace
Freeman
Summers
Hibbert

Ewing
Macklin
Rivers
Crawford
Wright (injured)

But Ty and Marc were starting early last year..so things are bound to change.

Coaching Staff- After losing 2 assistants, pick up one from Xavier and one from Pitt. And Burke is great.

JT3 - his extension was as huge as anything we've done off court since hiring him and before that pops. He's top 5 without a doubt. Can recruit, coachand is a class act. The only complaint I have of him is not being able so far to make adjustments in the first half.

As a whole...

I don't know who is going to be the 5th starter, whether it's Pat or Freeman. Dajuan is going to need to score the ball more. I think we'll beefficient on offense again and be very tough on D. Anything less than a Final 4 is a dissapointment. And I like our chances, a lot. Roy is in for a huge, hugeyear.

Ultimately it'll be Dajuan, Pat, Freeman and Vern who decide how far we go. That's a collective effort to replace what Jeff brought plus a few newthings that Vern and Freeman can provide. (I think Dajuan one day can exceed Jeff as a player)....Sapp, JWall and Roy are proven, consistent players to me.

My biggest concern...just Dajuan stepping up to the plate. He'll be the guy if Roy isn't on the floor who will have the ball in clutch spots.

Our backcourt which was picked on preseason last year will be great and if Jessie and Freeman are paired at times with a frontcourt of Dajuan, Pat andRoy...that is the strongest and most physical lineup you can put out in the country. I love the versatility of this team. A lot of guys who can do a lot ofdifferent things.

It should be a balanced attack, with Roy being the first option. When he was on the block, it was a wrap towards the end of last year. Teams will have todouble him, and we'll need to hit the open shots.

Our schedule sets up for a quick start, but dropping one at Bama, Memphis or even at ODU shouldn't get people upset. We saw a slow start last year, once weget a rotation set and every comfortable, we'll be fine. And if the tournament schedule falls just right, we could end up cutting down the nets, and notjust at a regional final.

"How can the Hoyas still have the No. 1 frontcourt after losing Jeff Green to the NBA? Because Summers, Green's replacement at the four, flashedfuture-star potential during the '07 NCAA tournament and should have a strong sophomore campaign. There's also the matter of a certain 7-2 monstrosityin the paint. With Greg Oden gone, are there any centers left -- anywhere -- to match up with Hibbert?" -Luke Winn

"There may not be a more complete team in the nation -Athlon Magazine

"No. 3 is a little bulk and a midrange game away from being unguardable at the college level," an NBA scout said after watching Summers score 20points against North Carolina and freshmen Brandan Wright (14 points), Ty Lawson (five points) and Wayne Ellington (five points). "He was the bestfreshman on the floor tonight."

Just makes me estatic where this program has come from so shortly. I had written an article online about 5 years ago online about how we'd never returnwith Esherick. I wish I could find it.

2007-08 (0-0)
11/10: WILLIAM & MARY
11/15: MICHIGAN
11/21: at Ball State
11/28: at Old Dominion
12/01: FAIRFIELD
12/05: at Alabama
12/09: JACKSONVILLE
12/15: RADFORD [1]
12/22: at Memphis
12/29: AMERICAN
12/31: FORDHAM
01/05: at Rutgers
01/08: at DePaul
01/12: CONNECTICUT
01/14: at Pittsburgh
01/19: NOTRE DAME
01/21: SYRACUSE
01/26: at W. Virginia
01/30: at St. John's
02/02: SETON HALL
02/05: S. FLORIDA
02/09: at Louisville
02/11: VILLANOVA
02/16: at Syracuse
02/18: at Providence
02/23: CINCINNATI
02/27: ST. JOHN'S
03/01: at Marquette
03/08: LOUISVILLE
03/12: Big East Tourn.
[1]: McDonough

I see 23-24 wins, a 1 or 2 finish in the Big East

Our talent has caught up to the coaching, only going into the 4th year. That should be a scary thought for the rest of the Big East. Just wait till Henry, JClark, Braswell and Greg Monroe (I love our chances) show up..

HOYA PARONIA IS BACK. The garden filled with Hoyas fan last March was a beautiful sight. We're about to run college basketball, again.

Lmbassclown, Deadset, typer, DoubleJs and others chime in now if you like or I'll just make sure this doesn't fall off the 20 pages by start of theseason.

Sound fairly confident don't I? Why not....

n1229100115_30075934_5393.jpg

n1229100115_30078061_8196.jpg

n1411177_32697358_5242.jpg

n1092690723_30159405_4454.jpg

n1092690723_30159403_5060.jpg

sports080.jpg

PH2007031101510.jpg

n1404517_31718625_4508.jpg

n1088700355_30084222_2498.jpg

57131970.jpg

Oh and Go get em in Seattle, Jeff

"Back for some unfinished business" - Roy Hibbert

"The National Championship flag will fly in this building." -Coach John Thompson Jr., HBO, 2005

HOYAS

Fear Is Back. Dominance Is Next.

Sick post. I'm sure I'll be back with questions pertaining to Georgetown's national presence.

:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
er? And will Summers become a premere player in the Big East?

I think Wallace will be huge he is as steady as they get and has a great jumper, he is also a great leader.

As for Ewing he finished very nice last year especially with a great Big East Tourny. I think that he will start and be very solid. Maybe even work his name into the draft. :pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Ewing going to NYK. :smokin
smokin.gif
:smokin
smokin.gif
:smokin
smokin.gif

I think the biggest question mark is hibbert. We all know how good he can be, but he is also inconsstent. He took a very long time to heat up last year after being very dominant 2 seasons ago, and G Town will go as far as he takes us. If he canstep up and be the best center in the NCAA which i think he can definiley can, it will be a very succsful year for G Town especially with all the good role players around Hibbert. But in order for the role players to do their role, Hibbert will need to be DOMINANT.

I cant wait for basketball this year. Knicks and G Town will be :pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS

^ if Roy's our concern, we're going to be just fine

He was dominant last year while on the floor...his incosistentcy only comes from foul trouble.

Only Jay Wright has found a way to slow him down and take him out of the game while on the court

What he did to Aaron Gray in the BET was just wrong, and then he went head to head with Oden and more than held his own. Statistically he might not end up being 20 and 10, but his impact on the game will be huge

When Roy was on the floor 33 + minutes

11 and 6

23 and 11

20 and 11

23 and 11

18 and 12

He shot 67
HOYAS

lol, i was actually about to start a similar post while i was bored trying to do a paper in lauinger, lol. i can't wait for this year, we're gonna be sick. midnight madness will be off the hook too. we (gugs) are gonna be grilling around 300 pounds of burgers and hundreds of dogs. i didn't hear about the lil wayne rumor, but it'll be sick either way. pat ewing stays pulling off some crazy dunks :pimp:
pimp.gif

^
Oh yeah, for the record...I don't go to Gtown :lol:
laugh.gif
1994.jpg

pimp.gif
HOYAS

oh, haha, my bad. i kinda assumed, not sure why. i knew there were a couple of fellow hoyas on here. either way, LETS GO GTOWN!!! HOYA SAXA!!!!!

Austin Freeman is da truth....Dude lives right accross the street from me in Mitchellville, MD...Wish he was a freakin terp. Gtown is gonna do some big things this year i like their squad.
WASHINGTON ********

Good work allen with getting this thing going. Can't wait for this season although it sucks I won't be at the games like last year since i moved from DC.

Team Pizziaolo
- RED SOX FOR LIFE -​

Quote:
Ur mad :lol:
laugh.gif

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
not at all. we had a great season last year and a great recruiting class coming in. regular season and BET titles arent going anywhere this year. how's rautins doing?

with green gone macklin will definitely get more run
<br>email me: okay.w0w@gmail.com<br>or aim: y0fallback

Quote:
petey yup
:lol:
laugh.gif

Macklin will definitely see the court this year...

it was obvious he wasn't ready to see a good amount of action last year.

To me, he has the best coaching and knowledge at his disposal...incredible to see what they did with Roy. So it's on him and his work ethic

Quote:
Elite Embroidered (Jordan) G'Town shorts for $25
:nerd:
nerd.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
HOYAS

hoya paranoia is back!!!! go hoyas!
TEAM WASHINGTON WIZARDS
Arenas-Stevenson-Butler-Jamison-Haywood
One Team, One Goal!​

^yeah same here man. yo so did you buy any ticket packages for this year? or you out of town too now?

Team Pizziaolo
- RED SOX FOR LIFE -​

DoubleJ's ima little out of the way to get any

but if you find gray ones..I can send some money if you wouldnt mind doin a favor :nerd:
nerd.gif
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

Back
Top Bottom