Georgetown (Iverson days) / Big East pictures

I stumbled on to these pictures while looking for one particular picture of Jerome Williams wearing a pair of simple Black and White Nikes (I'm stilltrying to put a name to them, if anyone knows let me know)...I remember going to see G'town play in those days at the US Air Arena. So I thought I'dshare with NT. Enjoy. I'm glad people are liking this thread, keep posting NCAA players wearing heat.

This is the shoe I've been trying to put a name to...(Jerome Williams, they guy getting the rebound)

Nice Pictures
smokin.gif

The shoes your trying to identify are called the Nike Way Ups. Similiar to the Air Max Penny 1's with the white stripe running thru the middle and theswoosh in the middle. I been waiting for Nike to retro this shoe for a while. Those Iverson pics are gangsta. Before he rocked The bok the rock Concords.Classic indeed.

I really like the one with Camby and Padilla (I think) in the Uptempos and Iverson in the Concords. I wish I had held on to those Uptempos.

Sorry to thread jack but i've been trying to ID a shoe:

I think it was called the Nike Big Swoosh. It was an all black shoe with a HUGE white swoosh that went from the side to under the shoe on the sole and the hookended on the toe.

classic pics!
i remember watching iverson back then, n he always wore concords

Here's a few more from that time period...I had a lot of down time at work today. Have a good weekend NT.

Kerry Kittles

Brings back a whole lot of memories. One of my teamates in high school (Daymond Jackson) was there in the Iverson era. Why he went there knowing Iverson andPage were there, I dunno.

I remember EVERYONE in the DMV getting those ankle braces once they saw Iverson with them.

^^^ LOL @ UConn's uniforms being made by Starter. I remember those screenprinted, ugly !++ things.
roll.gif

72525961.jpg

382969.jpg

311195.jpg

52260183.jpg

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

The shoes your trying to identify are called the Nike Air Way Ups.

He is correct. I wanted these so bad back in the day. Can't wait for
Nike to retro these.

Nice thread by the way. Nice to see all the classic mid 90's bball shoes.
Air Strongs, Zoom 95's, Air Way Ups, Zoom GP's, Uptempos and of course the beloved Concords.
pimp.gif

I'm not gonna lie, I went out and bought some McDavid ankle braces after watchin'

AI. lol.

Here are some pics I saved up.

Syracuse had dope kicks back in the day. Especially the speed trainers that John Wallace is rocking. Nike PLEASE RETRO THESE ASAP!

Now if someone can find pics of the bearcats ERA when Martin, logan, johnson, Melvin helicopter levitt and kenny saterfield were playing there in those TeamJordan Uniforms for the U of cincinnati. Here is a sample of what I am talking about:

Back
Top Bottom