GET OUT -- New horror film about black man meeting white gf's parents. Looks creepy.

When I met my exes parents..my voice went up a couple octaves. I don't even know how. My joint is naturally deep. Maybe, subconsciously to convey a feeling of 'safety' to them my brain made adjustments. I smashed their daughter all throughout their house though. Got dome in the kitchen while they were upstairs. Beat the yambs on the living room couch and floor. Slide off in the bathroom on the sink, and on the floor in the foyer. I played my part in front of them..but I was pure savage when they werent looking.

Anton Jackson when they're around, and Undercover Brother when they aint :pimp:

only read the first page of comments.... I feel like a lot of yall will be disappointed if you think this will be a legit thriller or scary movie.

I am almost 100% positive this is a straight up parody like the "Scary Movie" joints.

Trailer does look good but cmon now... Jordan Peele... its gonna be a comedy.

only read the first page of comments.... I feel like a lot of yall will be disappointed if you think this will be a legit thriller or scary movie.

I am almost 100% positive this is a straight up parody like the "Scary Movie" joints.

U not gettin why this is scary though my dude :lol:

the sequel is going to be about a traffic stop called "is this your car?"

followed up by a horror movie about a retail store that kills its customers called "do you need help?"

Peele knows how to play on black men's fears

Y'all see the Twitter comments about Luke Cage being racist and disgusting because it lacks "diversity" ? :lol:

Nah he's said that it's a horror movie with elements of satire. It'll be funny ( like the scenes of the garden party and the guy shaking his fist is funny. Until he flips out) but not scary movie funny.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.co...e-star-talks-about-his-upcoming-horror-movie/

Last edited:
Y'all see the Twitter comments about Luke Cage being racist and disgusting because it lacks "diversity" ? :lol:

Which is funny, seeing as there's plenty of movies today with all white casts, not even a black extra in the background, and plenty of movies from the 60's and back basically acted like black people didn't exist, unless it was in a subservient role.

Trust I get why its scary... i mean if Peele really sought out to make a serious horror film it could be great. But looking at the casting... they have comedians or actors known from comedies in the roles... So even if it is scary im expecting it to be a heavy dose of comedy.

I hope its not scary movie type funny tho... but on the other hand I cant name any horror/comedys off the top of my head

This is like a first huh

i feel like there would have been more comedy in the trailer if that was the case

Trust I get why its scary... i mean if Peele really sought out to make a serious horror film it could be great. But looking at the casting... they have comedians or actors known from comedies in the roles... So even if it is scary im expecting it to be a heavy dose of comedy.

I hope its not scary movie type funny tho... but on the other hand I cant name any horror/comedys off the top of my head

This is like a first huh

Thats was my only hesitation on figuring that this was a true horror flick. I saw tooooo many faces that I've seen on some goofy **** already to give them the benefit of the doubt. That one white guy with the beard stays in the funny pages.

i feel like there would have been more comedy in the trailer if that was the case

Exactly :lol: there wasn't an ounce of comedy in the trailer. Foreign concept, but comedians don't always take comedic roles

I actually think its a pretty simple bait and switch. The trailer accomplished the goal of having all of us interested in seeing the movie. The plot alone is eye popping but....
If it was presented as a comedy from the creators of Key and Peele... 75% of the responses would have been "meh pass".

And it was subtle hints throughout the trailer that featured a punchline or two and seeing Lil Rel from the Carmichael Show and Darius from Atlanta just has me leaning the comedy angle.

Peele's comments from that article seem to allude to it being a balance of satire and horror tho

Either way... its a must see for me. Im just bracing for all the potential feedback we will see in a few months with people complaining that they thought they were getting one thing but got another.

Back
Top Bottom