GET OUT -- New horror film about black man meeting white gf's parents. Looks creepy.

I'm definitely in. I really hope this doesn't disappoint.

I was shook when I went to meet my ex's parents in Washington state. My most uncomfortable experience by far. :lol:
They weren't the "white supremacist" kind of racists, just the "I don't see color" types. Some of the family wouldn't even speak to me.

i always welcome a change of pace to the horror genre. its probably one the hardest genres to make a good movie, since a really good film is few and far between.

never had a problem with my girl's family tho. some black girls be throwin me them looks tho. word to

Michelle-scowl.jpg

movie looks :pimp:

Last edited:
Hard for movies to really be scary nowadays, that genre has been slowly dying, BUT GODAMNNNN THIS JOINT LOOKS CREEPY AS HELLLLLLL

Trust I get why its scary... i mean if Peele really sought out to make a serious horror film it could be great. But looking at the casting... they have comedians or actors known from comedies in the roles... So even if it is scary im expecting it to be a heavy dose of comedy.

I hope its not scary movie type funny tho... but on the other hand I cant name any horror/comedys off the top of my head

This is like a first huh

Comedians are some of the best actors, though

Quite a few characters from Breaking Bad are comedians.

It's by far the hardest form of entertainment.

are white people scary? :nerd:  
When white ppl get on their Steppford wives/The Shining steez, YES!

^ Peele is half white and married a white woman himself. Why would he do such a thing?
Cuz his black half is a strong powerful black man that punked his white side in to submission.

He's a British actor, but he was in Sicario he was Emily blunt partner
He was also in Black Mirror. Episode is called "credits" iirc.
That's where I remember him from :smokin

Also the British show Babylon.

Black Mirror season 3 part 1 is getting ready to drop soon

They didnt even finish 1 or 2 though lol both had like 2 episodes
Seasons are like 4 or 6 episodes iirc.

only read the first page of comments.... I feel like a lot of yall will be disappointed if you think this will be a legit thriller or scary movie.

I am almost 100% positive this is a straight up parody like the "Scary Movie" joints.

Trailer does look good but cmon now... Jordan Peele... its gonna be a comedy.
This ain't something he's acting in. It'll obviously have some satire in it but it ain't no straight up comedy. Definitely not a parody like Scary Movie.

This no different than when Mark Duplass goes left in to a genre you wouldn't expect.

Plus a lot of comedians/funny ppl end up having that crazy range and can excel at a whole other style/genre.

Damn. How did they manage to get this movie made through a major studio?
Peele been got connections. This ain't that surprising when you look at the state of movie genres and originality/creativity in Hollywood.

Y'all see the Twitter comments about Luke Cage being racist and disgusting because it lacks "diversity" ? :lol:
HOW SWAY!? :lol:

Last edited:
Nah but really, will go see this with a white chick for added effect...

Still refuse to meet parents in IR relationships, and 70% of my relationships have been IR

No no no no no no.

No.

Where have your other relationship have been if not IRL? :lol:

Last edited:
all racial aspects aside, movie looke like more cheesy BS from the key and peele clowns.

theyre show, trash.

keanu movie, trash.

this movie, trash. not to mention it reeks of cornball brotherism's. much like everything that has to do with these 2. wonder why :rolleyes...

that being said, people seem to be eating up damn near anything thing that has to do with these guys which means hollywood will be greenlighting plenty more of this ultra corny ****.

you guys enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: OTG
all racial aspects aside, movie looke like more cheesy BS from the key and peele clowns.

theyre show, trash.

keanu movie, trash.

this movie, trash. not to mention it reeks of cornball brotherism's. much like everything that has to do with these 2. wonder why :rolleyes...

that being said, people seem to be eating up damn near anything thing that has to do with these guys which means hollywood will be greenlighting plenty more of this ultra corny ****.

you guys enjoy.
I thought I was one of the few who thought both of them are super corny. Honestly nothing they do is funny to me.

theyre show, trash.

keanu movie, trash.

you guys enjoy.

Who hurt you? What do you like? Help us clarify what we should like.

Who hurt you? What do you like? Help us clarify what we should like.

dudes just corny. no more no less.

like whatever you want bruh...

btw, theres a reason dave keeps takin shots @ these guys. just sayin...

Last edited:
I think Key and Peele's show is absolute trash and is a disgrace to Dave Chappelle.

That being said, I can't deny that this movie looks great. A trailer is just a trailer so I'll see how it turns out before I call it "corny".

Im noticing only people with their jimmies rustled about this movie are white people and dudes who go hard chasing white women lolol

The Conjuring series is crack while we're on horror films.

this. i mean im waiting for a free weekend with the lady to watch the second one, but the first one was WELL made. i hear the second one is even better.

also, check out The Inkeepers. Its a lowkey movie, about a couple of hotel workers working the final few nights of business of a closing hotel, which has a haunted reputation. they decide to see if said ghost is for real (since they are bored there is only like 2 guests) and well...all ill say is watch with the sound turned up. Its a slow burn movie, with great tension build.

also recommend the woman in black with harry potter. no gore necessary, movie delivers on the thrills and tension as well. those are really the good horrors ive seen in the past 5-7 years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom