getting a directv early termination fee waived?

Discussion in 'General' started by tim teufel, Oct 27, 2011.

1. tim teufel

tim teufel

anyone get it done before? sick and tired of having no tv when it rains its disgusting [​IMG] plus all the channels that are going bye bye on directv

2. grimey

grimey

tell them that your not happy about the fox channels being gone

3. lou baton

lou baton

I just got Direct TV last week but hate that I have a 2 year contract. The guy told me that if I move to an area that Direct TV does not accommodate or if I move out of the country there would be no penalty to cancel. He made it seem like I wouldn't have to show proof. Tell em your moving to Europe. [​IMG]

4. tim teufel

tim teufel

damb i been with directv for a year n two months guess ima have to pay smh. timewarner did say if i fax them a bill from direc tv they can pay the termination fee up to 200 bucks but we'll see about that

5. mez 0ne

mez 0ne

Just an FYI DirecTV DOES allow for you to "freeze" your account for anywhere up to 6 months at one time without paying a bill or penalty, and you are allowed to do so two times during our 2 year contract.

I just signed up for a new account so the installation will begin on Tuesday, too good of a deal to pass up especially with the first year rates and NFL Sunday Ticket [​IMG]

6. lou baton

lou baton

The NFL Ticket is the only reason I signed up! [​IMG]

7. noblekane

noblekane

so why is fox programming being removed from direct tv? im getting sick and tired of those commercials they play. i have comcast btw...

8. kingsuperbiv

kingsuperbiv

Breach of contract. You can cancel just off this... when you signed up, you signed up to get FOX. Tell them that and that they breached contract. Tell them FOX was the main reason you signed up. FEE WAIVED

9. ooiron manoo

ooiron manoo

During a huge rainstorm, my Directv cut out, [​IMG].  Only happened once.  Can't imagine it cutting out if I lived in a bad weather city.

DirecTV, [​IMG]

10. mrbrown

mrbrown

I have Time Warner and I need to cut my cable..

Im in a 2 year contract and the fee is $150.00

I need to get out too.... lets swtich addresses?