getting a new(used car)

Kind of in a pickle right now. Im looking to buy a new used car and got a few choices.

08 2.5S Altima
07 Charger
and I found a 05 CTS

all which have about 30,XXX miles

Im looking mainly for a sedan, something pretty roomy since i head on a lot of road trips with a packed car.
Any other choices or cars do you recommend me looking at?
Pros/Cons of the 3? or others?

-Im 19, live at home, only pay my phonebill/school/credit card
got a steady job at starbucks for almost 2 years now and getting promoted soon
pimp.gif

-Im looking for something around the 15k no more than 17k price range
Ill be putting about 5k down and finance the rest.

Being a Cadillac driver myself, I'll warn you that the only reasonably priced work you'll get done is an oil change. Costs 40 bucks. Your engine will take 8 quarts of oil. 8 x $4 = $32 + $8 oil pan + time waiting and getting filthy = $40. OR you can pay them $40 bucks and be outta there in 20 minutes. Other than that, a girl scratched my '01 DTS last year. That +!%% cost her $1,500 for Artic Pearl paint including buffing the paint off, five coats, and two clear coats. The scratch was about 2 feet long and about a cm wide.

The Charger will eat gas.

My girl's Mom drives an Altima. Very comfortable ride and suspension, and the reaction time on the gas is great. If I had to get a new car (sedan), I would definitely get the Altima without hesitation.

The other danger to the Caddy is that once you drive one, you'll never want to drive anything else.
pimp.gif

The Altima is the base model. Doesn't have as many features compared to the other two I'm sure. The CTS probably has the most features out of the bunch? Check to see if there has been any reliability issues with the 05 CTS from Consumer Reports Used Car guide.

You can always keep looking too.

Charger is a v6 i cant afford a higher model.
The CTS does have the most features but also its a private seller and im not sure how the bank loan would get approved since banks are so shady now a days.
The Altima sounds more realiable but im kinda looking for something more.
any other cars in the 15-17 price range?

Im sure you can find more than that, I'd get the altima in a higher trim. Have you considered a 2005 - 2007 Acura TL?

I just got a 07 Maxima 3.5 SL Saturday and I love it...
My father has a 95 Max that still runs great and he hasn't done much work to it...
Change oil, breaks and put a battery in it...
Nissians are pretty good cars IMO...

As for the caddy as stated above that is one of the best rides you will get...
so smooth...

Personally I dont like chargers...
I see millions of them every day...
I think you shouldn't get a charger unless its a hemi...

Nah i havent looked into the TL's im trying to find a car under 35000 miles i plan to have the next car i buy for 5-7 years until im outta college.
How much did you get the maxima for?
I like the more aggresive look of the charger i would like something more sporty i guess you would say.

Test drive them first. Try looking at the Acura TSX, it's lower than the TL but you might find some good deals on it

ev209 wrote:

How much did you get the maxima for?

18k...
Its fully loaded though...
Charcoal grey, black leather interior, sunroof, Bose Sound system, ect...
It only has 30k miles on it...
the car is basically like brand new..

Not sure about the others but I had my CTS for a year n a half before getting a STS.

CTS is a lil tight.

Well it was for me n I'm only 5'11 190lbs.

Back seats r also small.

Only problem I had with mine was replacing a temp gauge or something like that. Cost like $100 to fix.

They're also RWD and super light.

If there's a dusting of snow u might as well stay home bc the car won't b able to move 2 ft.

I loved it while I had it tho.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Im sure you can find more than that, I'd get the altima in a higher trim. Have you considered a 2005 - 2007 Acura TL?
for 15-17k? where? i'm looking for an 05-07 now and can't find many at all under 20k.

-waystinthyme

for 15k you might as well get a tsx. perfect balance between luxury, comfort, and sport.

I usually say 10K miles a year is about right. If a car is 2 years old tho and has like 40-50K i'll pass...

He wants a roomy car. Neither the TSX nor the TL are very roomy.

Are your parents helping you out? Why are you pulling out a 10k loan when you're 19 working at Starbucks? Spend that $5k and buy a used car outright.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

He wants a roomy car. Neither the TSX nor the TL are very roomy.

Are your parents helping you out? Why are you pulling out a 10k loan when you're 19 working at Starbucks? Spend that $5k and buy a used car outright.

This...TLs are roomy though for a 5'10 person...

For around 15K u should definitely find a deal on a Volkswagen GLI... You can find one at an incredible value in today's market.

Im stuck in the same situation right now. Im looking at...

07-08 Maxima SL 3.5
08-09 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE
07-08 Acura TSX

Im looking for something with less then 30k on it to. Most likely im going with the Subaru. Im a go looking around tomorrow.

i would ideally like to find an 06-07 TL with under 40k miles...probably looking to spend around 20k.

-waystinthyme

Back
Top Bottom