Getting an 06-08 Honda Civic - EX or SI?

Just got a few questions as i'm looking around at used cars right now:

What does the SI offer that the EX doesn't? I'm guessing its just performance related things like an upgraded engine and better suspension.
Would an SI be more likely to get stolen or have idiots in ricers drive up to race me?
What's the going rate for an 06-08 SI now?

Would an SI be more likely to get stolen or have idiots in ricers drive up to race me?

yes
eyes.gif

and go with the SI.

other questions: SI just better than the EX inside and out and they go anywherefrom 16k to 20k contingent on mileage

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Only Si that would get stolen is the EM1.
you clearly have no idea what you are talking about ...

anyways

if you willing to spend the money on a car that chost 16-20k just go with the si
its better with interior,exterior, and motor wise
it's just simply worth your money

laugh.gif
just do it

Lock it up tho.
smokin.gif

go with the SI. i have a 08 SI and i LOVE it. depends on your preference...if you want a performance car you should obviously go wit hthe SI but if you want aneconomy car and save some $$$ go with the EX. and if you're worried about it gettin stolen just get a car alarm and a jacklock...or i think thats what itscalled. its an alarm system where if your car gets stolen the POLICE will be able to track it down within an hour or two....if not they pay for your stolencar...sounds
pimp.gif
to me

Originally Posted by 22stylez

go with the SI. i have a 08 SI and i LOVE it. depends on your preference...if you want a performance car you should obviously go wit hthe SI but if you want an economy car and save some $$$ go with the EX. and if you're worried about it gettin stolen just get a car alarm and a jacklock...or i think thats what its called. its an alarm system where if your car gets stolen the POLICE will be able to track it down within an hour or two....if not they pay for your stolen car...sounds
pimp.gif
to me
eek.gif
alright we deff. need more info on that ..

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

go with the SI. i have a 08 SI and i LOVE it. depends on your preference...if you want a performance car you should obviously go wit hthe SI but if you want an economy car and save some $$$ go with the EX. and if you're worried about it gettin stolen just get a car alarm and a jacklock...or i think thats what its called. its an alarm system where if your car gets stolen the POLICE will be able to track it down within an hour or two....if not they pay for your stolen car...sounds
pimp.gif
to me
eek.gif
alright we deff. need more info on that ..

094610.1-lg.jpg

really now.. the si and ex look exactly the same on the inside, cept the speedometers color is red.

But the Si does look alot better from the outside

i have a Fiji Blue '07 Si, and love it.

if anything, the Si would be less likely to be stolen because it's a manual.

manual transmission cars are stolen far less often than automatics.

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

i live in the bay area if it helps

well my brother's '99 Si got jacked and stripped back in '02. right off alemany if you know where that is.

my sis' bf just got an '08 Si and lives a block away and i'll let you know what happens with it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

This is like a Lancer to an EVO
laugh.gif

not even close, not even remotely close. the difference in price between baseline Lancer and EVO is like 15k as compared to about 5-7k for a civic. EVOactually has real performance upgrades not just little adjustments that give it about 45-50 more HP.

the Si's performance really isn't that much better than the EX model's. But what you can count on is paying more upfront, getting worse gasmileage, pumping premium instead of regular, and paying higher insurance. The Si might hold it's value a little bit better in the long run but notby too much.

the 99 and 2000 si got stolen a lot ... it was at the tip of the import racing era.. si rims, engines, gauge clusters, gsr rims and engines... ls motors... anddont forget about type r stuff too.... but things have died down a lot... dont get me wrong...cars still get jacked... but not to the degree it was back then..( with imports ) but the newer si im not too sure... til this day i still wont buy a integra or a 99, 2000 si... if you want something a little bigger... get a2006 accord v6 6 speed

pimp.gif
to me

What's jacklock, do you mean lojack? Problem is, they often find it completely stripped by the time they get to it.

Back
Top Bottom