Getting Insurance On Jordan Collection

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Before I downsized my collection when I moved, I use to just keep a majority of my shoes in storage. Insured, climate controlled, you can't be that.

The best $30 a month I ever spent.

Amen, good sir.

i have renter's insurance and got an extra 5000 in coverage for my shoes. if i did lose them i wouldnt replace them....i could use that cash for sure lol.

keeping them in storage is a good idea, but i dont understand it at the same time. why would you get shoes then store them somewhere that you wouldnt be ableto get to them to wear them. i dont wanna drive across town to get a pair of shoes to match my outfit lol. thats what my closet is for.

yeah it doesnt make sense to me that people with collections dont get them included in their home and contents insurance, all i had to do was let them knowabout mine and they made a note of it on my statement and i had to send them a few pics and they're covered, itd be bad enough if someone robbed me or myhouse burnt down but if my jays were lost aswell.........not even gonna think about it!

i just got some insurance on my shoes. hell after some of the stories ive heard its worth it. it isnt very expensive either.

abstrack wrote:
I actually got an extra 15,000.00 in Homeowners Insurance for my sneakers. All my agent requested was that I keep or make copies of the receipts. She said dated pictures would also help if anything every happened.

I hope this helps.
if you cant supply receipts for all or most of you collection would a appraisal be ok? and
smh.gif
at the ppl laffing at the OP's question. i think it a great idea. andalso jus cuz some of us are college students here doesnt mean we dunt know about insurance matters.

Yes sir, I have renters insurance. Take pictures of all your belongings and you're covered. For the Jordans, just take pictures of the shoes and receipts.The only thing is that they will only pay retail, you will not receive market value for the shoes from what the insurance company told me
ohwell.gif

WOW nice collection, I would definetely think insurance is a good idea for that much money worth of shoes

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

I incorporated my shoes into my apartment insurance.
I did the same thing, just called my insurance company and incorporated it with my homeowners insurance.

Laugh on people, you really can insure them. You have to take detailed pics of each pair to show your insurance agent their condition. You also have to showhim proof of how much they are worth with evidence backing them up. This will insure them for fire's, floods, tornado's...etc.

Good Luck

I've had my home broken into when I was in high school, took all my shoes, but I wouldn't get insurance for them

for all the people that are laughing at the OP and think its a bad idea.. hear this.

My house burned down last year and I lost my whole collection and I am now starting the collection over and I will be getting insurance on every pair. Youthink its dumb and stuff like that wont happen, but if something does happen your going to feel dumb for laughin at the idea.

people laugh. but those are the people that are gonna get caught slippin on wax. absolutely get insurance on your collection. if you sold each pair for only 10bucks that would be 5000. how many things in your house cost 5000? and thats only if you sold them for 10 bucks a pop. the people that laugh at gettinginsurance on your kicks aint got $+! to insure.

Back
Top Bottom