Getting Insurance On Jordan Collection

This is a good topic actually - nothing laughable if you have that much money invested in your shoe collection. Good thread.

Actually this is not a bad idea,although it may seem crazy to people that can't appreciate what sneaker collecting is all about or don't understand ourpassion,it is possible to get insurance on your collection,you could insure anything,but some companies require items like shoes not be worn forinsurance,anyway good luck, ( Stay thirsty my friends)lol

Adelpho'CooL'
Collect 4 Life
Nassau,Bahamas.

Mgrant44 wrote
Ignorant. Do you insure your car? Why? Because its an expensive item to replace. You wouldnt want to have to pay $30k to buy a new car if you totalled the one you have now. The same applies to your shoe collection. If you have 250 pairs of shoes and you valued them at just $100 a pair (which EVERYONE here knows would be WAYYYY too low) that would mean the collection is worth $25,000. Can you afford to go out and replace all those kicks with what you have in your bank account now? And even if you did, why would you want to?

I think insuring your collection is a great idea. I only have 40 or so pairs so its not really that big of a deal but I have renters insurance already to they would be covered regardless.

We collect shoes because of our passion but it is an investment because eventually you are going to sell them, even if its 40 years from now. You think Bill Gates doesnt insure his investments? exactly

Don't bring common sense into this.
laugh.gif

to all of those laughing, think of it this way.... you camped out for a week to buy those $150 kicks.... and someone stole them.... what price would you put oncamping out for a week.... more than $150 i bet.....

I mean it sounds like a good idea but i kind of look at it like insurance on a cell phone............ur paying money every month 4 some crap u probably willnever use.

lol... the first responses tried to ridicule the thread starter... then fellas w/ some sense came and made them feel extra salty... lol...

^^^ right. Only for BIG collectors! Smart... just keep and copy receipts along with dated pics of the kix...

Back
Top Bottom